JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, KRL said:

That's the key, it was done after Mayfield & Rosen pro days.  Excellent trade because we just vacate the

second round but have the rest of our picks

Only fear I have is broncos triad up to 2 and take Rosen. Although I think they are hot for Allen

14 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Imo the move up was to guarantee getting either Rosen or Mayfield

If Darnold and Rosen go 1-2 then IMHO we overpaid.  However I do understand that Mac just couldn't afford waiting till draft day to see how it falls.  Go Jets!   

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Off the field, Rosen is a smug elitist not unlike Aaron Rodgers, but all of his teammates vouch for him. It’s allegedly coaches that dislike him. Trent Dilfer said Rosen was essentially the biggest a$$hole he ever came across at his Elite 11 QB camp. So take it for what you will. All good QBs are disgusting humans.

Bates has a similar reputation..So these two should have a blast in meeting rooms. :P

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

Darnold mechanics suck and he plays like a cowboy. Maybe he lands with a coaching staff that can coral him and turn him into Favre but that isn't here.

Mayfield I don't think is worth trading up for. There's some things to like for sure but a lot not too as well.

Rosen or bust

He is the guy I want as well, but I’m bracing for what Mac might do... not for what I want.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If Darnold and Rosen go 1 & 2, this could be something to monitor, but from what I understand, we like Mayfield.  A lot.

I wonder how much influence they’ll give Bates in making this call, because I think if it’s left up to Macc, he’s falling for Allen’s traits every time.

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

If Darnold and Rosen go 1-2 then IMHO we overpaid.  However I do understand that Mac just couldn't afford waiting till draft day to see how it falls.  Go Jets!   

I think he just wanted to beat the bills to 3

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He is the guy I want as well, but I’m bracing for what Mac might do... not for what I want.

Right, in which case trading up for the guy most likely to bust seems consistent with this franchise's history

I feel like this is a turning point for jets. To trade up only giving up 2nd rounders is a nod to the fan base. We suck in 2nd round. Also fact that giants are picking before us. THEY are going to be the ones to pick the wrong guy and leave us the right guy. Cleansing happening

Unknowledgeable NFL fans on FB page saying Jets got “fleeced” or “robbed” but yo’ I absolutely love this trade. You gotta go up and get your guy Sometimes. That simple. Eagles did it, Rams did it and they don’t regret anything and they will were able to put the talent around those QB’s. One won the super bowl and the other was the deadliest offense is football. 

ROSEN ROSEN ROSEN ROSEN 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I disagree. Jets have spent a lot of time with him. 

That doesn’t mean much at all at the end of the day.

I can’t see us trading away multiple picks to move up for a 6’0 215 lb QB with maturity concerns who hails from a gimmicky offense.

I’ve been saying for the last few months that I’m still not convinced that Mayfield even ends up going in the Top 10.

30 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Agree...And I'll go one step further...IF IF Gettleman says they're looking at Rosen then Mcc will get up to #2 by throwing in a 3rd or something...

yikes.

Chicago dealt the No. 3 pick, their third round pick (No. 67), one of their fourth round picks (No. 111) and a 2018 third-round pick to move up and take Trubisky, considered one of the draft’s top quarterbacks.

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Every win was Christian Hackenberg, Geno Smith or Devin Smith. Sounds like a great deal for the Jets. 

they should trade away 2nds every year 

Rosen is a smoke screen you guys no one is taking him this high, even if he deserves it 

Well most recently it was Marcus Maye but I hear you.  

Now here's another point to ponder.  I have to assume that we would have offered the Giants the same deal before closing with IND.  And I would have expected the Giants to have preferred to move down to 6 rather than 12 no matter what the other comp just as the Colts were said to.  So that suggests to me that the price the Giants want is going to be even higher than that, even with us off the trade board.  BUF would have to do their top 3 picks plus next year's 1st rounder as a bare minimum and possibly more.  They might ultimately do it, but it will be expensive.

So here's the question...IF we could have moved up to #2 by using the 2019 1st instead of the 2nd, and BUF does that instead, would you rather have made that move or are we good taking whoever gets to us at #3 and keeping 2019 the way it is?  

Here's the second question...if we take Allen and then Rosen drops to #6, and BUF trades up then to get him for less than we spent, will we still love Macc?

Hey, we're Jets fans.  We have to look at the dark cloud inside every silver lining.  It's in the agreement we all signed.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wonder how much influence they’ll give Bates in making this call, because I think if it’s left up to Macc, he’s falling for Allen’s traits every time.

Its easy to rip on Macc, but if it were up to him, he'd be drinking 20 cups of coffee to run to the podium for Rosen.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Chicago dealt the No. 3 pick, their third round pick (No. 67), one of their fourth round picks (No. 111) and a 2018 third-round pick to move up and take Trubisky, considered one of the draft’s top quarterbacks.

That's f'n steep for one spot. I do want Rosen though...

Archived