JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The Bills can still jump them, so that kind of has no meaning

Where are the draft slot geeks? How much would it take for Buffalo to move up to the #2 spot? Hopefully CRAZY amount of ammo & considering the Bills are rebuilding too, it doesn't make sense based on them getting McCarron, giving up so much. They would have to give up double what the Jets did plus next years #1 correct? If the Giants didn't want to move out of 2 to 6, I highly doubt they would move to 12, which in this draft could be no mans land & a spot where your easily overdrafting & may lose value.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CTM said:

what is the wolf pack and what were they wrong about?

the wolfpack is a nefarious organization of know-it-all uber pessimistic posters led by the sinister Dom Shame.  They were formerly known as the Ilk.

recently they've accepted new pups in JiF and JetFruit80.  

It's a pretty gross conglomerate. 

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If they really wanted Allen, they wouldnt have done this before his pro day

Teams do schedule secret/private/unlisted workouts. Pro days don't tell you much, its a planned workout and they know Allen can rip it when theres nothing else to take into consideration. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

michael lombardi doesn't know sh*t

We know Macc loves Rosen. We know that they like Mayfield, and Allen somewhat as well. Macc was at Mayfields Proday... i feel like it's going to 1a Rosen 1b Mayfield.

Couldn't be happier

Macc also brought Bates WITH him to Rosen’s pro day.

Spoke volumes.

3 minutes ago, faba said:

Well give credit to Macc able to pull the trigger now and not wait until draft day which itself is surprising the Colts ddid not wait it out. \

Oh look at Charlie Homer here parachuting in to share in the spoils.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

michael lombardi doesn't know sh*t

We know Macc loves Rosen. We know that they like Mayfield, and Allen somewhat as well. Macc was at Mayfields Proday... i feel like it's going to 1a Rosen 1b Mayfield.

Couldn't be happier

His son, Mick, is the Jets Asst QB coach. I'm sure he knows what the Jets plans are but won't divulge them and risk his son losing his job..So he speaks in general regarding the Jets

Just now, Toua77 said:

Teams do schedule secret/private/unlisted workouts. Pro days don't tell you much, its a planned workout and they know Allen can rip it when theres nothing else to take into consideration. 

Maybe but it seems to be a pattern of his. Would he break pattern?

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Almost as gratifying as the move itself is watching the vile wolfpack scramble to make sense of it all.  How could they have had it so wrong for so long? 

Water under the bridge boys..  just next time take time to think things through and don't be so quick to bash.

If there was any doubt before this post, we are now 100% taking Josh Allen

What a load of crap -- three 2s is not giving up too much for a shot at a franchise QB.  Deal may look bad on the Value Chart, but that goes out the window when a QB is involved and you are bidding against other QB needy teams.

47 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Don't love next year's two - but honestly could have been much worse.

nice move Mac.

Love the bold move.  I do wish we were able to keep one of this year's 2's.  I would have included a 3 this year and another pick in 2019.  2nd round this year is a great spot to add either OLine, RB or CB.  But oh well, I won't complain.  This is the move that we've been clamoring for.

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

His son, Mick, is the Jets Asst QB coach. I'm sure he knows what the Jets plans are but won't divulge them and risk his son losing his job..So he speaks in general regarding the Jets

well in that case, he couldn't be more in the know.. lol

which is maybe why they intentionally left out Mayfield ;)

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Mayfield had a great workout too. Basically this is Mac saying we’ll take the best of Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen that drops to 3. I wouldn’t complain about any of the 3 of them.

Yes. Allen would get mccags fired. It also puts immense pressure on Bowles to play the rookie and you get the feeling Bowles may not last the season. 

In the new worst case scenario, the jets take mayfield. 

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The great thing about this is that the Jets really just gave the Colts the 6th pick in the draft to move up 3 spots (From a Jets perspective). 

Think about it. Look at the Jets history with 2nd round picks. If this works out no one will care, if it doesnt no one should point as much as a finger at Macc given our history with 2nd rounders. 

I rag on Macc alot, especially this past week, but he played this perfectly. Kudos to that man for making this happen. 

You don't make this move unless you are comfortable with 3 QB prospects. 

This is a crazy question for the board.  If, and this is a huge if. If Darnold and Rosen are taken 1 and 2, and the Jets are only happy with those 2 prospects, do you trade down with the Bills for their two 1s, two 2s, two 3s?

So you mean to tell me not only are we getting another crack at developing a franchise QB(trading up without giving up a 1 next year)......we are not throwing him to the wolves early because we have QB solved for this season?

And we have cap to rollover into next year to finally build an offense around the guy?

Well played by Mac and the Jets for a change 

26 minutes ago, CTM said:

Darnold mechanics suck and he plays like a cowboy. Maybe he lands with a coaching staff that can coral him and turn him into Favre but that isn't here.

Mayfield I don't think is worth trading up for. There's some things to like for sure but a lot not too as well.

Rosen or bust

From day 1 Rosen seem to be the most NFL ready. With this damn coaching staff we need all the most NFL ready we can get.

Just now, dbatesman said:

If there was any doubt before this post, we are now 100% taking Josh Allen

ilk >  wolf pack, what cornball came up with that?  I don't understand what anyone has been proven wrong about anything. To me, the only way this makes sense on draft day is if we land Rosen and couldn't have got him at 6. If we get Allen it's very likely to be the worst thing we've ever done unless Allen does something his college stats indicate he won't do.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’d really, really have to think that the Jets sitting at three knocks the Giants off the fence if they’re waffling on taking Rosen at two. It’s one thing if they passed on Rosen and he ends up in Denver, but no way they can cede a quarterback of that caliber to their crosstown rivals.

We attempted to get the 1st and the 2nd pick and were told that neither was available.  It's, genuinely, safe to say that they must know whether or not the Giants are making that move.  Unfortunately, I don't have the answer to that, but the fact that they pulled the trigger on a trade says to me they intel on who will be around and they want that guy.  Bad.  

Look, I'm going to say this once for Macc because I don't want to crown him, but I also don't want to do nothing but trash him.  Regardless of what QB we take out of Darnold, Rosen, Allen (I'll still literally be throwing up until our pick), Mayfield....he showed me something today that I didn't think he had in him...and for that he deserves a top of the cap.  He needs to get the right one, no doubt...but he shut a lot of us up today.

11 minutes ago, faba said:

The Giants signed Stewart certainly not the answer at RB  they still may go with Barkley

It's still what their internal opinion and plans are for Eli...Eli's has a cap hit of approx $15m if cut at the end of '18.

I have a hard time believing they would sit Rosen (the #2 overall pick) for two years. So they either take the cap hit after '18, release Eli and then play Rosen '19. Or take a QB in round 2 to develop and have Davis Webb and 2nd rounder to choose from in '20 

Extremely surprised and happy that Mac pulled this off.  I'm glad we're gonna definitely grab a QB now, something I wasn't convinced of before, and I'm also very glad we didn't have to give up next year's number 1.  My only worry is that both Darnold and Rosen will be off the board and we essentially traded up for Allen or Mayfield. I'd still be very happy with either, but some here will not be, that's for sure.

Whatever is going to happen will happen, but the Jets put their best foot forward and that's all a fan can ask for. 

This was the best day this franchise has had in a long time. 

P.S.  If the Giants aren't planning on taking a QB, the Jets still might be willing to trade up one more slot to ensure they get who thy want.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I legitimately have to believe that if the Giants are going QB, the Jets know now.  Especially since we attempted to move up to one.  They decided to do whatever it takes to climb the board.  We were, clearly, willing to go higher than #3.  It sounds like #3 was the earliest pick available and they have good reason to believe that their guy will be there.  If it falls right, it will be for Rosen.

Yeah, but to game that out, if the Giants are turning down a package of picks to move down to 6, where they could ostensibly still grab Nelson (especially with the Jets coming up for a QB), it would lead you to believe that the Giants are either 1. standing pat to draft quarterback or 2. they’re absolutely in love with Barkley and know they’d lose him to Cleveland at 4. 

Archived