You are the Browns GM

10 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

That is tough, but IMO Gettleman talks too much, and unless he is a devious fellow, the Giant are only taking a QB at 2 if the Browns do not take Darnold. So, it is Barkley, Chubb, or a trade. I don't see the Giants trading down any farther than Denver, and I get the feeling Denver has no desire to trade up. While I have been convinced the Giants will take Barkley, despite Eli's contributions to their SB wins, the fact is the Giants won every one of their SB's because they had a really good D that could get after a QB. Right now I'm 50/50 on whether it will be Chubb or Barkley at #2. 

I think Denver is confident that Allen or Mayfield will be there at 5 so why trade up... So you're 100% that the Giants are not taking a QB. That sounds great to me. I'm still undecided on what QB i want. haha

they should take Darnold at 1 and Allen at 4 and make them fight to the death

For real tho either Chubb/Barkley at 4 is fine. Don't over think it, they need more edge rushers still after Garrett and Carlos Hyde isn't a reason to pass on Barkley, if he's even there. 

On 3/17/2018 at 10:31 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

With picks 1 and 4, what is your strategy? They are in a position to fleece multiple teams out of picks and players. Unless they truly feel that Darnold is the next big thing, they could set their team up to become a dynasty.  I hope that they fleece the Bills and their pick makes Ryan Leaf look like Johnny Unitas.

Draft your #1 QB at 1.

At 4 take Barkley, or I'd take Chubb.   Get the 2 monster pass rushers, one on either end, and set em loose.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Terrible strategy. You risk losing out on Barkley. You don't risk losing out on the best QB in the class. Take the QB. Theres a strong possibility Barkley is there at 4. Giants are just as likely to take Chubb, Nelson, or a QB as they are Barkley. 

I made my post before we moved up, and before the urgency to take a QB at 1.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:34 AM, Grandy said:

Browns need to take Barkley #1, or else the Giants will take him. They are still guaranteed a QB at 4.

The Browns realistically would take Barkley, and Allen at 4

been saying that for weeks Barkley will make the Browns a playoff contender with the other players they have added and take a ton of pressure off any QB they may draft ...see Zeke and Prescott

Most likely scenario for me would be to draft Sasquon Barkley, and hope the Giants take Chubb.  That still leaves me one of the top 2 QB's in the draft.

Of course, there could be enough insider information to sway that decision.  However, if I take Barkley one, and I don't like the QB that is there, I can still get a kings ransom for 4, and ride it out with Taylor in 2018.

Taking a running back no matter how good over a franchise QB is the dumbest thing anyone could do!

If the Browns are that stupid, the Draft will explode along with the Giants phone. As the likes of the Bills, will offer everything they have, plus next two years worth of firsts to move up.

Personally the JPP trade makes me hope Giants are going Chubb. I personally just want Rosen, with Mayfield the fall back. 

Looking into my crazy 8 ball it says....QB at number 1.

Rosen with the first pick. (Looks seasenational in pre- season. Taylor excels as starter. Josh sits a year. Complains to media is traded to Denver next offseason).

Giants take Darnold (small hands haunt him, top 15 QB but turnover prone).

Jets take Allen (sits behind Teddy for 2.5 years until devastating injury to TB. Goes on to become a HOF QB, winning 2 SB's).

Cleveland takes Barkley (combines with tyrod tailer to create a fearsome 1-2 punch out of the backfield - Cleveland wins their division this year).

FWIW, Mayfield goes to Buffalo and becomes a thorn in our side for 12 years. Mason Rudolph goes to Miami . Patriots take White. 

On 3/17/2018 at 11:31 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

With picks 1 and 4, what is your strategy? They are in a position to fleece multiple teams out of picks and players. Unless they truly feel that Darnold is the next big thing, they could set their team up to become a dynasty.  I hope that they fleece the Bills and their pick makes Ryan Leaf look like Johnny Unitas.

#1 - Best QB (probably Darnold)

#4 - Best RB (probably Barkley) or Best Oline (if Barkley is taken at #2)

Easiest draft ever. Even the Browns can’t screw this up.

On 3/23/2018 at 8:52 AM, Scott Dierking said:

The Browns owner was at Darnold's workout (unusual), spoke to him and his parents.

He was also at Allen’s pro day and spent time with his parents as well, just like he did with Darnold. The Play Like a Jet podcast did a show with a Wyoming reporter right after Allen’s pro day and talked about who was there.  Apparently the Browns sent 8 people to the Wyoming pro day. The Jets and Bills sent 5 people each and another team or 2 who was in the top 15 (can’t remember who now) also sent 5 people.

On 3/17/2018 at 12:28 PM, Sonny Werblin said:

Easy. Pick their highest rated QB at 1 and Chubb at 4

They won't take Chubb. They took Garrett #1 last year. The Browns should take their QB at #1. The position has nearly twice the value of any other position on a football team. It's critical to get it right. You don't mess with the chance to name your guy in a strong QB year. Waiting until #4 would be suicidally dumb. At #4 they will still have tremendous picks available -- Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Ward. If they desperately want Barkley, the Browns should consider trading their #4 UP with the Giants. They have the capital to do it and the Giants would drop to #4 and still have a choice of the 3rd QB off the board or Chubb or Nelson. Win-Win.

The Browns GM has a history of selecting defense in the first. I would guess they are going to pick a QB and then Chubb or Barkley. Minkah is a dark horse though, especially if they trade down a little.

45 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

What if the BPA in their board at 4 is a QB?

Their board shouldn't have that - You build a draft board with a lot of factors in mind - position and need should play a part in how you build your board.  When I say BPA I don't think it's actually that black and white - as it can be adjusted through the draft as needs changes i.e. if you take a Safety in the first round, safety should be off your board in the 2nd...

Just like if you take a QB at 1. QB is of the board at 4...

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

The Browns GM has a history of selecting defense in the first. I would guess they are going to pick a QB and then Chubb or Barkley. Minkah is a dark horse though, especially if they trade down a little.

Yes this is their obvious move.

Archived