Bit's 2018 Mock 3.0 (BAH GAWD! THAT'S BAKER MAYFIELD'S MUSIC!)

bitonti

BAH GAWD THAT'S BAKER MAYFIELD'S MUSIC

1 - CLE - QB Sam Darnold, USC 
2 - NYG - QB Josh Allen, Wyoming 
3 - NYJ - QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma  
4* - BUF - QB Josh Rosen, UCLA
5 - DEN - RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
6 - IND -  OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
7 - TB -  ER Bradley Chubb, NC State
8 - CHI - LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech 
9 - SF - DB Derwin James, Florida State   
10 - OAK - ER Marcus Davenport, UTSA  
11 - MIA - DT Vita Vea, Washington
12* - CLE - CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
13 - WAS - CB Jaire Alexander, Louisville  
14 - GB -  ER Harold Landry, Boston College 
15 - ARZ - LB Roquan Smith, Georgia
16 - BAL - WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama  
17 - LAC - OG Isaiah Wynn, Georgia  
18 - SEA - RB Derrius Guice, LSU 
19 - DAL - DT Da'Ron Payne, Alabama
20 - DET - DT Bryan Taven, Florida
21 - CIN - QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville
22* - CLE - CB Josh Jackson, Iowa
23 - LAR - LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State
24 - CAR - OG Will Hernandez, UTEP 
25 - TEN - LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama  
26 - ATL - DT Tim Settle, Virginia Tech 
27 - NO - TE Dallas Goedert, South Dakota State
28 - PIT - DB Justin Reid, Stanford 
29 - JAX - WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
30 - MIN - OT Kolton Miller, UCLA
31 - NE - TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State
32 - PHI - WR DJ Moore, Maryland 

* Projected trade - BUF trades 1.12 and 1.22 for CLE 1.4 and 4.4 

So, for real, if you’re the GM of this godforsaken football team and you positioned yourself to pick a quarterback, but the phone rings and it’s your owner telling you not to pick a kid because one time he dared to wear a hat that impugned a president with a -50 favorability among millenials, don’t you just quit and leak to Mehta that the owner is a partisan ****bag who forced your hand? 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So, for real, if you’re the GM of this godforsaken football team and you positioned yourself to pick a quarterback, but the phone rings and it’s your owner telling you not to pick a kid because one time he dared to wear a hat that impugned a president with a -50 favorability among millenials, don’t you just quit and leak to Mehta that the owner is a partisan ****bag who forced your hand? 

We are taking Rosen if he is there at 3. It’s really that simple. Anyone who doesn’t think so is fooling themselves.

On 3/17/2018 at 9:01 PM, Sonny Werblin said:

What would buffalo give Cleveland for the 4th pick. The browns already have a sh*t ton of picks. They need playmakers. You get those guys with the 4th pick, not the 12th.

I agree... but they're the browns.:)

On 3/19/2018 at 4:24 AM, Patriot Killa said:

We are taking Rosen if he is there at 3. It’s really that simple. Anyone who doesn’t think so is fooling themselves.

When Mac looks at these guys all he thinks is "How will taking this guy get me fired." 

It's easy to imagine a scenario where Mac regrets Rosen. For football reasons and for non football reasons. 

He's got a boss he's got to explain these moves to and the idea of Rosen has to scare the balls off him. 

Josh Rosen could get another concussion and decide to walk away from the game Chris Borland style. he really could. Out of the top 5 QB prospects, he's the slowest and already the most injured. Or he could decide that Colin Kaepernick is his best friend and tweet about it all night. 

Baker Mayfield (who I project as a personal hope in this mock) also scares the Pants off of Mac. He's got a documentary crew following him around and he's short by NFL standards.

Darnold and Barkley are picks he can defend to Woodrow or Christophus or whoever is in charge, whether they work out or not. 

Allen is a risk as a prospect but as a human he's got far less drama and is actually the best physical specimen of the group. Again that's how GMs think not what I want to happen 

i guess what I'm saying is Mock 3.1 would have Barkley to NYJ in this scenario. I don't believe Mac has teh stones for Baker or Rosen. whatever we want aside 

On 3/19/2018 at 4:24 AM, Patriot Killa said:

You might need a straight jacket for the draft bc I'm already setting myself up for this sh*t to happen. It's the Jets. I can at least get into the Mayfield pick more than Allen though. 

On 3/19/2018 at 12:01 AM, T0mShane said:

I cant believe this to be a real thing.  I cant.  90% of the Jets dont share the same political views of the Owner.  I'm sure they all hate Trump just as much as Rosen.  I know this is the Jets we're talking about this just cant be a thing.

And to answer you question, hell yes you leak it to Mehta if this is real.

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

I cant believe this to be a real thing.  I cant.  90% of the Jets dont share the same political views of the Owner.  I'm sure they all hate Trump just as much as Rosen.  I know this is the Jets we're talking about this just cant be a thing.

Agreed.  We just signed a back-up RB who posted an Instagram picture of a guy killing a cop.  And we are going to pass on a potential franchise QB in the draft because of a hat???  I just don't see it.

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think it's a thing only in as much as he thinks it would somehow cost him money. TV ratings are down, if that's being pinned on politics then taking a political player will be seen as a liability imo

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I cant believe this to be a real thing.  I cant.  90% of the Jets dont share the same political views of the Owner.  I'm sure they all hate Trump just as much as Rosen.  

There are successful NFL players with beliefs that would take the paint off your garage

it's not about Rosen's opinions. It's about his audacity to share them in public and not have a filter. 

also the QB is held to a higher standard for whatever reason. It's ok for Sherman to say whatever I wonder if he was playing QB if he'd get the leash. 

Archived