Loving Josh Rosen (merged)

Grandy

Let us accept our Josh Rosen overlords, for he will be a Jet.

Macc decided to make this move after seeing both him and Mayfield in person.

Rosen is the best fit for our system out of all the guys.

With Rosen being the most pro-ready guy, it helps solve Bowles issue with not wanting to deal with underdeveloped rookies.

Josh Rosen is our guy, and the answer we've been waiting for.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m scared to get my hopes up. I think Rosen is the best qb in the draft so who knows if he will make it past 1. I’m just happy we will have a chance at one of the top 3 but hoping it’s Rosen!!!

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

After hearing comparisons of Rosen to Dan Marino, sign me up!

Who he really reminds me of with his throwing motion and arm strength is Bert Jones of the old Baltimore Colts. I would still be very cautious  of drafting him this high due to his injury history.

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Giants gonna take a QB? Doubt it right ? 

I doubt it, I'd expect Barkley 100% if the browns don't take him, if not then Nelson. If they do take a QB, I'd expect Darnold or Allen.

8 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Dorsey said himself that he would stay away.

I wish I could believe what anyone says this time of year. My best friend is a Browns fan and loves Mayfield. I'd love to see that happen.

7 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

Who he really reminds me of with throwing motion and arm strength is Bert Jones of the old Baltimore Colts. I would still be very cautious  of drafting him this high due to his injury history.

I'll take Bert Jones!   I hear you about the injury history but considering what we've been rolling out there at QB, I'm thrilled to just roll the dice and hope.  

8 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I can live with Rosen if they draft him. They just need to stay away from Allen. He's the guy I would be upset about. I just hope Macc has learned from his mistake with Hack and doesn't draft a QB who has accuracy issues. 

I think those are the 2 realistic choices for us.  Seems like Darnold will be the 1st QB off the board.  That leaves us with Rosen/Allen/Mayfield but I get the feeling teams consider Mayfield the 4th best.

There are reasons to like and dislike all of the top prospects. With Rosen it seems to be concussion history, father is a neorologist might retire early, and speaks his mind on any issue 

I can live with the talking, and it's impossible to predict concussions so I think he is worth the risk. 

I think we all need to calibrate our expectations of starting early 

The most likely scenario is McCown plays 6 or more games 

With Allen or Mayfield it may be 12 games 

Just now, Larz said:

There are reasons to like and dislike all of the top prospects. With Rosen it seems to be concussion history, father is a neorologist might retire early, and speaks his mind on any issue 

I can live with the talking, and it's impossible to predict concussions so I think he is worth the risk. 

I think we all need to calibrate our expectations of starting early 

The most likely scenario is McCown plays 6 or more games 

With Allen or Mayfield it may be 12 games 

I think if we get Rosen he's the opening day starting QB.  McCown can be his mentor and eventually move into an actual coaching role next year.  Teddy B seems like he has no role here.  And Hack/Petty will both be cut.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think those are the 2 realistic choices for us.  Seems like Darnold will be the 1st QB off the board.  That leaves us with Rosen/Allen/Mayfield but I get the feeling teams consider Mayfield the 4th best.

I think it's a mistake for teams to sleep on Mayfield. If he was 2 inches taller I don't think people would rank him 4th. The only guy I would consider drafting over Baker at QB would be Darnold because he's got all the tools and is only 20 which could explain some of his struggles last season. 

Baker checks all the boxes except for his height. Rosen I like but I worry about his health. Allen has a major red flag with his accuracy. I think he's a bust waiting to happen. JMO.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think it's a mistake for teams to sleep on Mayfield. If he was 2 inches taller I don't think people would rank him 4th. The only guy I would consider drafting over Baker at QB would be Darnold because he's got all the tools and is only 20 which could explain some of his struggles last season. 

Baker checks all the boxes except for his height. Rosen I like but I worry about his health. Allen has a major red flag with his accuracy. I think he's a bust waiting to happen. JMO.

You might be right about Baker.  I'll root for whoever we draft and am just excited we're actually doing the right thing for once.

25 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Height isn't the only issue. His being short is compounded by the way drops the ball down before release, potentially resulting in batted passes. He also has the knock of lacking the speed to escape tacklers at the NFL level.  The question is whether he is more Drew Brees or Doug Flutie at the pro level.   Mayfield and Allen are the biggest crapshoots at QB for entirely different reasons.  

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

Let us accept our Josh Rosen overlords, for he will be a Jet.

Macc decided to make this move after seeing both him and Mayfield in person.

Rosen is the best fit for our system out of all the guys.

With Rosen being the most pro-ready guy, it helps solve Bowles issue with not wanting to deal with underdeveloped rookies.

Josh Rosen is our guy, and the answer we've been waiting for.

only it's likely that Giants take Rosen before us.

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I’m scared to get my hopes up. I think Rosen is the best qb in the draft so who knows if he will make it past 1. I’m just happy we will have a chance at one of the top 3 but hoping it’s Rosen!!!

he's not getting past the NY Giants.  

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

My thoughts are the same.   Eli is at the end of the road and being in the #2 overall position is a gift the Giants are unlikely to see again in the near future.  They would have to be out of their minds to not take one of the two highest rated QB's. So, the Jets will wind up with one of two guys with different types of warts, hoping for the best.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I highly doubt the Giants pick a QB. They have so many holes and just signed a 30 year old LT. Seems to me they will try to build for one more run with Eli and see if that kid they picked last year develops.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't feel they're a threat to take a QB. I think they'd be foolish not to improve one of their other holes. OG or RB would be the way I'd go if I was them. They can find value in the 2nd/3rd at QB and let Webb and Falk or whoever battle it out over the next few years.

21 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Height isn't the only issue. His being short is compounded by the way drops the ball down before release, potentially resulting in batted passes. He also has the knock of lacking the speed to escape tacklers at the NFL level.  The question is whether he is more Drew Brees or Doug Flutie at the pro level.   Mayfield and Allen are the biggest crapshoots at QB for entirely different reasons.  

Agreed. He also has a tendency at times for holding onto the ball to long. But he led the nation in passer rating when blitzed at 139.9. He has the arm to make all the throws and has shown an ability to be a playmaker at the position. Was an accurate deep ball thrower. Had the highest grade in the nation throwing from both a clean pocket and pressured pocket. I just think he's the real deal but I understand the concerns. 

I could understand taking Darnold or Rosen over him. But I can't understand Allen. He's a guy with all the tools but the production is not there. That's to big of a red flag for me mainly because of his accuracy issues. 

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

The Rosen One 

or

Mayfield

I couldn’t complain about either pick.

Jets didn't trade up for Mayfield.

They're obviously taking their chance to get either Darnold, Rosen or Allen.  It looks like a lock Giants take Barkley so Jets will have a choice of any of those 2.

Archived