Loving Josh Rosen (merged)

Grandy

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

At 235 he also has better speed than both Mayfield and Rosen. He's got no injuries unlike Rosen, who is always banged up. He doesn't come from the gimmicky Mayfield system surrounded by 5 star preps. 

I love these "I don't know why but Allen is a bust" threads

"OK EXCEPT FOR HIS HEIGHT, WEIGHT, SPEED, AGILITY, ARM STRENGTH and his own table at the CRACKER BARRELL what else does he HAVE? HUH?! I HATE HIM SO MUCH"

What are you even talking about? Nobody who doesn't like Allen doesn't know why.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Allen would be as bad as some make it out to be. I just think he would be a incredibly frustrating. I can see him making a ton of plays, but then throws a drive away because he just flat out misses a guy wide open. Thing I like is he sounds like he wants to be great and is willing to do whatever to get there, not cocky about his ability, wants to be coached. Sounds great for a team like the Giants who can sit him....not the Jets. 

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

WOW a top 5 prospect as a freshman. :hump: How about when it was relevant like when he was draft eligible ? We need to be comparing apples to apples. Get real. We reached for him picking him in the 2nd round and everyone knew it at the time. . 

Does that really matter? I stated a fact. You didn’t like it as it relates to current time. Cool. We all know where you stand in this QB debate. Cry some more about how Allen wasn’t genetically cloned from Hackenberg’s genes by an intermediate level scientist some where on a small remote island near Madagascar.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

I don't think Allen would be as bad as some make it out to be. I just think he would be a incredibly frustrating. I can see him making a ton of plays, but then throws a drive away because he just flat out misses a guy wide open. Thing I like is he sounds like he wants to be great and is willing to do whatever to get there, not cocky about his ability, wants to be coached. Sounds great for a team like the Giants who can sit him....not the Jets. 

Or the browns.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

When people ask "why didn't he win more?" or "why couldn't he pull off more comebacks?", all they need to do is go back, watch the games, and realize that Rosen was basically asked to do this exact type of thing.  Every. Single. Week. 

That type of performance was needed just to keep them in games.  His college career has a scary resemblance to Matt Ryan's, a guy I compare Rosen heavily to.

Agree.

I don't know the player's names but UCLA #2 the WR dropped at least 1 pass every game. The TE #81 looks like a terrific player but I believe he was out injured most of the 2nd half of the season..#1 the big RB looks like he has potential. The LT was inconsistent.The C appears to be a jag..But that's about it from a talent perspective.

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

If I know that Rosen is going at 2, so does Mac.  I think he traded up to get Mayfield.  And I am fine with that.

I agree completely.  The wildcard is if the browns wind up taking allen, but if that happens then mccagnan looks even better.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

If I know that Rosen is going at 2, so does Mac.  I think he traded up to get Mayfield.  And I am fine with that.

think about this too ... IF the browns really want Barkley ... we could say we were going to take him and then trade with them for the number one. That is assuming they are ok with 3 QBs of course .. and we are sold on only 2.

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

At 235 he also has better speed than both Mayfield and Rosen. He's got no injuries unlike Rosen, who is always banged up. He doesn't come from the gimmicky Mayfield system surrounded by 5 star preps. 

I love these "I don't know why but Allen is a bust" threads

"OK EXCEPT FOR HIS HEIGHT, WEIGHT, SPEED, AGILITY, ARM STRENGTH and his own table at the CRACKER BARRELL what else does he HAVE? HUH?! I HATE HIM SO MUCH"

It’s like you don’t read the actually words in the posts. LOL. You have had 5 people tell you exactly why they don’t like him and think he will be a bust and yet you still act as if no one said anything at all.(btw. this is a Rosen thread, not an Allen is a bust thread)

But then you have this guy over here that can’t even explain why he does like Allen!!

17 minutes ago, Jazy8ball said:

I can’t explain it. I am nothing close to an evaluator of football talent. I just read what experts think.

JetNation.. you are better than this.

16 hours ago, Grandy said:

Rosen is a beautiful passer -- just really impressive mechanically. But he does not have great arm strength, despite your link. He's still the most NFL ready QB of the bunch, but he's far from perfect.

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Oh man I really hope Macc doesn’t chase bad money with good money over drafting Mayfield or Allen if his gamble to get Rosen doesn’t pay off, and does the smart thing, and takes Barkley.

Mahomes was the pick at 6 but Allen or Mayfield would be stupid at 3?  

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s like you don’t read the actually words in the posts. LOL. You have had 5 people tell you exactly why they don’t like him and think he will be a bust and yet you still act as if no one said anything at all.(btw. this is a Rosen thread, not an Allen is a bust thread)

But then you have this guy over here that can’t even explain why he does like Allen!!

JetNation.. you are better than this.

I don’t be know if you’re talking about me. But I like Allen due to his arm strength, experience playing cold weather football and mobility. 

3 minutes ago, Jazy8ball said:

I don’t be know if you’re talking about me. But I like Allen due to his arm strength, experience playing cold weather football and mobility. 

First half of my post was towards Bit, not you. 

Second part was for you. And I don’t even mean to pick on you, honestly, you were just the best example of what I was trying to articulate and that still is the case regarding your last post.

Arm strength is not enough for me. Playing in cold weather is not enough for me and mobility is highly overrated yet analysts cling to his d*ck like he is a god. He throws a ball far..cool. He is a little bit more tolerant to cold weather..cool. He has slightly better wheels than expected...cool.

my biggest turn on in a QB is accuracy andf footwork. They need that to succeed.

8 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Oh man I really hope Macc doesn’t chase bad money with good money over drafting Mayfield or Allen if his gamble to get Rosen doesn’t pay off, and does the smart thing, and takes Barkley.

Geez.  you don't trade three round 2 picks to move up for Barkley or any RB. 

22 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Agree.

I don't know the player's names but UCLA #2 the WR dropped at least 1 pass every game. The TE #81 looks like a terrific player but I believe he was out injured most of the 2nd half of the season..#1 the big RB looks like he has potential. The LT was inconsistent.The C appears to be a jag..But that's about it from a talent perspective.

UCLA is stacked with talent every year. They have prospects up and down the roster. The inconisistent LT could be a mid first rounder. The C had SPARQ scores through the roof. The WR lasley is going rd 2-3. There's another WR not on the radar Eldridge Massington just ripped it up too 

https://dailybruin.com/2018/03/16/josh-rosen-other-nfl-draft-prospects-participate-in-ucla-pro-day/

Shoot Rosen might have had more talent around him than Darnold this year 

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

When people ask "why didn't he win more?" or "why couldn't he pull off more comebacks?", all they need to do is go back, watch the games, and realize that Rosen was basically asked to do this exact type of thing.  Every. Single. Week. 

That type of performance was needed just to keep them in games.  His college career has a scary resemblance to Matt Ryan's, a guy I compare Rosen heavily to.

Not only that, Moggs. But this performance was against STANFORD. The vaunted defense of Stanford got tore the hell up by Rosen for 40 completions out of 60, 480 yards and 3 touchdowns.

@Villain The Foe look at the second play of this video. I mean, you see this as soon as the video comes on. He is a lot better under pressure than people say he is. There are a lot of throws he makes under pressure in this specific video where he has to move laterally and throw on the run. He started out sloppy and winded up having a huge bounce back and that is what you need out of your QB. A guy who can bounce back that easy. His team wasn’t helping him do anything though.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

First half of my post was towards Bit, not you. 

Second part was for you. And I don’t even mean to pick on you, honestly, you were just the best example of what I was trying to articulate and that still is the case regarding your last post.

Arm strength is not enough for me. Playing in cold weather is not enough for me and mobility is highly overrated.

I don't hate Josh Rosen but the fans of Rosen seem to hate Josh Allen and make it a job to bash these other prospects. 

since this is a rosen thread do you have any concerns about his injuries or his lack of mobility? 

how bout all the throws he missed to the left at his pro day

Let's talk about Rosen but not just the film you like. Let's talk about the entire prospect. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

Probably the only trade the Giants would do with the Jets provided they're not interested in a QB there. They'd get to say they fleeced the Jets for a pick and still got their guy. 

just like the 49ers and the Bears last year.

36 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Does that really matter? I stated a fact. You didn’t like it as it relates to current time. Cool. We all know where you stand in this QB debate. Cry some more about how Allen wasn’t genetically cloned from Hackenberg’s genes by an intermediate level scientist some where on a small remote island near Madagascar.

Now you've totally lost it. Of course it matters. Why not then bring in someones star ranking from high school ? Apples to Apples bud.

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't hate Josh Rosen but the fans of Rosen seem to hate Josh Allen and make it a job to bash these other prospects. 

since this is a rosen thread do you have any concerns about his injuries or his lack of mobility? 

Let's talk about Rosen but not just the film you like. Let's talk about the entire prospect. 

I have continually spoke about the entire scouting report to the T. Idk what you think this is or why you are trying to categorize “Rosen fans” like a political party or why you think “we” like to bash other prospects but sure run with that notion. I very much like Baker Mayfield and I think Darnold has the tools. 

I do have a few injury concerns but they do not outweigh the reward of a QB like him. He is absolutely worth the risk. You will regret it massively if you don’t take Rosen because of that  and then he winds up being squeak clean for the most part of his career. These injuries could foreshadow his career or they could be nothing at al.

His talent is too intriguing to pass on imo. 

Pro day really doesn’t bother me. He show up and showed out for the most part. I didn’t get to see the whole thing but I seen enough.

I just don’t think missing throws to the left should be even brought up from someone who likes a prospect that misses throws to the left, right, right, left and any where else lol. 

Obviously missing throws isn’t a concern for you.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I do have a few injury concerns but they do not outweigh the reward

Pro day really doesn’t bother me. He show up and showed out for the most part. I didn’t get to see the whole thing but I seen enough.

I just don’t think missing throws to the left should be even brought up from someone who likes a prospect that misses throws to the left, right, right, left and any where else lol. 

Obviously missing throws isn’t a concern for you.

The thread is called "So not totally sold on Josh Rosen, get in here" 

I got in here. I want to be sold.  It seems like a hype thread where criticism is not allowed

Allen's pro day is today or tomorrow you are the one who keeps bringing him up not me 

What are your injury concerns specifically? Here's the pro day highlights

there were like 70 throws and 8 missed.  tbh I am worried more that he's Kenny O or Drew Bledsoe not able to function without a clean pocket

he doesn't look like that special of an athlete 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't "hate" Josh Allen but based on his performance in 2017 he doesn't deserve to be drafted anywhere near the top of the first round. 

You mentioned film, ok. I have attached the video of Wyoming vs Oregon from last season where you will see Josh Allen do his thing. After watching this game if you still think he is a top prospect we'll just have to agree to disagree. BTW, after this game he deleted his Twitter account because of the criticism he was receiving for his performance, not a good sign if you might have to deal with the pressure of playing in NYC.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

The thread is called "So not totally sold on Josh Rosen, get in here" 

I got in here. I want to be sold.  It seems like a hype thread where criticism is not allowed

Allen's pro day is today or tomorrow you are the one who keeps bringing him up not me 

What are your injury concerns specifically? Here's the pro day highlights

there were like 70 throws and 8 missed.  tbh I am worried more that he's Kenny O or Drew Bledsoe not able to function without a clean pocket

he doesn't look like that special of an athlete 

Criticism is absolutely allowed. He isn’t a flawless prospect. No one is unless you are Andrew Luck.(who btw, never had an injury concern and then now is in deep waters)

Go look at the video I just posted a few posts above versus a top college defense in Stanford. He absolutely makes throws without a clean pocket. Absolutely does.

my specific injury concerns? Well for starters I feel like the concussion thing won’t matter as much. Yes, it can be chronic in some cases but that is a rare group. What does give me actual concern is the shoulder injury but he rebounded well, I just don’t like the idea of a ahoulder on a QB being injured. Then again Brees tore his shoulder bad and went on to be one of the most accomplished passers in NFL history.(also the most accurate in NFL history.)

I dont get this at all....... can someone explain?

we moved up paying a big price to 3. Now the rumors are were in love with josh allen? The kid from a sh*tty system, with sh*tty mechanics, never won big games and is inaccurate? WHY? wHY? WhY?????????

All because hes got a " tall hot" body and muscular arms? Are we a football team or a bunch of fags on 10 night gay cruise to cozumel? I mean seriously, is it his looks that mac likes? 

Can see rosen darnold or mayfield ( my fav because hes a warrior with attitude). Id be ok with any of those 3 but seriously whats all the allen love? And with macs huge bluder with hackenburg, why would he move up for hackenburg 2????????

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me. We know Mac tried to get to 2 is the rumor ? If he thought equally about 3, then 3 is definitely high enough. I think he may not quite sold on Allen, wants darnold or Rosen. If those 2 are gone 1 and 2 it wouldn’t be a stretch to think Mac goes back to BPA and picks a once in 15 yrs rb for his hc who wants to run the ball more than any other team. Maybe he thinks bridgewater can be our guy beyond next yr, wants to try him out. I want darnold or Rosen now also, especially after trading away 3 premium picks 

not in a million years.  Mac won't be that guy who trades 3 2nd round picks to move up 3 spots for a freaking RB.  Especially when there is really good talent for RBs in rd 2.  Not a chance.  If Barkley is there at 3, see if you can sucker Cleveland into trading a pick to move up from 4 to 3.  Maybe Mac could land a 3 or even a low 2 or a 2 next year.  Notwithstanding the $8 million guaranteed given to Hyde, Cleveland won't be able to walk away from Barkley.  

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

You are wildly inaccurate(As is Josh Allen) if you think the media doesn’t hype up Allen’s arm strength and his draft position. I had to sit here for 3 whole days during Senior Bowl week and hear Andrew Sicliano and Mike Mayock repeatedly mention the same words over and over again about Josh Allen.

”Oh boy, the arm strength of this kid.” 

“Tell ya what, Mike, I never seen the ball go that far.”

”Allen has the strongest arm I have ever seen, I sometimes think about how hard he beats his meat with that arm. To an Inhuman extent I tell ya!”

It’s a fooking joke to me, and I see no value in him besides the very thing that they hype him up with. Does he have Baker marketability? Of course not. That really is nothing new. But what he does have is media agenda behind his name whether he knows it or not. They love this man for zero reason besides arm strength and measurables. As a Jets fan have we not learned that it means nothing in the long run? 

The difference is that we've seen Josh Allen make beautiful/accurate throws, throws that probably only Darnold could make in this draft class. If you want an analysis on why he's loved watch the videos below. Yeah they're long, but it gives a good breakdown on Allen, his strengths/weaknesses/etc. And for the idiots who keep using box stats and the completion % as a critique, Brett Farve completed what 52% of his passes in college? And don't give me that it was a different era bullsh*t either, cause Josh Allen plays in a pro style offense. Here's also a few articles by Miller on Allen regarding scouts opinions, improvements since senior bowl, etc. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762483-is-josh-allens-offseason-improvement-enough-to-solidify-spot-as-drafts-top-qb

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2760902-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-scouts-latest-takes-comparisons-for-top-qbs

23 hours ago, Mackman55 said:

Who he really reminds me of with his throwing motion and arm strength is Bert Jones of the old Baltimore Colts. I would still be very cautious  of drafting him this high due to his injury history.

bert jones was awesome right from the get go.  his problem was wanting to go toe to toe with lbs.  rosen may be a really good qb but bert jones he isn't.

Archived