Kevin Pierre-Louis' two-year deal will be worth $6M, per source.

C Mart

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article196870209.html

January 26, 2018 01:10 PM
Chiefs linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis was arrested Thursday night and charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana, THC and drug paraphernalia, driving without a valid driver’s license and failure to display a valid license plate or current registration.

Kansas Highway Patrol made the traffic stop in Johnson County.

Pierre-Louis, 26, appeared in Johnson County District Court Friday and pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Pierre-Louis was released from custody after posting a $2,500 bond.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, prime21 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article196870209.html

Chiefs linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis was arrested Thursday night and charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana, THC and drug paraphernalia, driving without a valid driver’s license and failure to display a valid license plate or current registration.

Pierre-Louis, 26, appeared in Johnson County District Court Friday and pleaded not guilty to all charges.

More accurately...

Report: Human Locked In Cage For Owning Plant

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Or: Brown human locked in cage for being brown.

It’s definitely that. I got pulled over with weed by the KHP on my way home from Colorado in December and the trooper just made me toss it. I’m sure it didn’t hurt that I had a kitten with no carrier and a stripper in a unicorn onesie that he didn’t want to be responsible for if he put me in custody.

The Chicago Bears are not done with trying to improve their roster via free agency. According to ESPN's Field Yates, the team hosted linebacker Kevin Pierre-Lewis on Friday. Yates noted Pierre-Lewis also met with the New York Jets on Thursday. After losing linebacker Christian Jones in free agency, the Bears need to add more depth at the inside linebacker position.

A fourth-round pick of the Seattle Seahawks in 2014 out of Boston College, Pierre-Lewis appeared in seven games in his rookie season. In those seven games he recorded 13 tackles. In 2015 he appeared in 14 games with one start, registering 18 tackles and one pass deflection. The following year he appeared in 13 games, recording 12 tackles. Last offseason the reserve linebacker/special teams maven was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for D.J. Alexander.

In 14 contests with Kansas City last year he appeared in 41 games and recorded two pass deflections. According to Pro Football Focus, Pierre-Lewis played 272 snaps last season, the most in his NFL career. Prior to last year he had played 71 snaps in 2016, 107 snaps in 2015 and 83 snaps in 2014. In late January he was arrested and charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana, THC and drug paraphernalia, driving without a valid driver's license and failure to display a valid license plate or current registration. He was later released from custody after posting bond, according to the Kansas City Star. That arrest could have an impact on his availability for games during the 2018 season.

While at Boston College he was a four-year contributor. In his freshman year he appeared in 13 games, recording 93 total tackles and 2.5 tackles for loss. He backed that up in his sophomore season by recording 74 tackles and six tackles for loss in nine games. In 2012 he registered 85 tackles, four tackles for loss and two sacks. Capped off his final year at BC was an impressive season in 2013. That year he recorded 108 tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, six sacks and one interception in 13 games.

As part of the class of 2010 he was viewed by 247Sports as a four-star recruit with a 0.9101 composite score. He was ranked 234th in the country overall, 16th as an outside linebacker and third in the state of Connecticut.

Rich Cimini (@RichCimini)

3/17/18, 8:11 PM

Souce confirms the Jets plan to sign LB Kevin Pierre Louis to a two-year deal, as @DraftDiamonds said. He’s a “sub” linebacker who can complement Avery Williamson. Also a good special teamer. 

Strengths

Tight-skinned, muscular build. Athletic knee-bender. Flows well laterally. Protects his legs and slips blocks. Motivated and hardworking. Productive four-year starter. Combine all-star put on a show in Indianapolis -- ran in the low 4.5s, pumped 28 bench-press reps, posted a 39-inch vertical, recorded a 10-foot, 8-inch broad jump, finished the short shuttle in 4.02 seconds and ran a 6.92-second 3-cone drill.

Weaknesses

Needs to improve functional strength. Average eyes and diagnostic skills. Loses sight of the ball, gets sucked in by playaction and takes false steps. Gets knocked out of the hole at the point of attack. Stays wired to blocks. Has man-cover limitations. Has tweener traits -- lacks ideal bulk for linebacker and speed for safety.

Draft Projection

Rounds 5-6

Bottom Line

Small-framed, experienced, productive, finesse weakside linebacker who has bulked up 15-20 pounds in the last year. Helped himself with an outstanding combine performance, and is best-suited in a fast-flow scheme in which he can utilize his athleticism to run and hit. Has traits to be used on special teams and develop as a nickel linebacker.
-Nolan Nawrocki

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

First Robbie Anderson, now this. Can the Jets please sign a player with a clean driving record???

20 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Strengths

Tight-skinned, muscular build. Athletic knee-bender. Flows well laterally. Protects his legs and slips blocks. Motivated and hardworking. Productive four-year starter. Combine all-star put on a show in Indianapolis -- ran in the low 4.5s, pumped 28 bench-press reps, posted a 39-inch vertical, recorded a 10-foot, 8-inch broad jump, finished the short shuttle in 4.02 seconds and ran a 6.92-second 3-cone drill.

Weaknesses

Needs to improve functional strength. Average eyes and diagnostic skills. Loses sight of the ball, gets sucked in by playaction and takes false steps. Gets knocked out of the hole at the point of attack. Stays wired to blocks. Has man-cover limitations. Has tweener traits -- lacks ideal bulk for linebacker and speed for safety.

Draft Projection

Rounds 5-6

Bottom Line

Small-framed, experienced, productive, finesse weakside linebacker who has bulked up 15-20 pounds in the last year. Helped himself with an outstanding combine performance, and is best-suited in a fast-flow scheme in which he can utilize his athleticism to run and hit. Has traits to be used on special teams and develop as a nickel linebacker.
-Nolan Nawrocki

Ho me lady for I love tight skin.  Athletic knee bender..?  Suppose it can’t hurt.

For as long as she flows well laterally.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It’s definitely that. I got pulled over with weed by the KHP on my way home from Colorado in December and the trooper just made me toss it. I’m sure it didn’t hurt that I had a kitten with no carrier and a stripper in a unicorn onesie that he didn’t want to be responsible for if he put me in custody.

I believe this happened.  All of it.

42 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

First Robbie Anderson, now this. Can the Jets please sign a player with a clean driving record???

we traded one bad driving record away last season so we are getting back to par

57 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

So stupid ass drives a car with no plates and no license gets pulled over and you jump right to this crap.  Come in, you should do better

I think that post was nearly perfect.

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

Maybe they want him to keep Anderson company. 

So he's a really good athlete:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kevin-pierre-louis?id=2543563

Eveything since the combine suggests a STs player, but the competition at LB on the Jets is not exactly strong enough to rule out earning playing time. After Lee, I think Josh Martin got the next most snaps last year at the position. Guy was picking between Stanford and BC for college, chose BC, so that's nice and interesting.

Archived