Kevin Pierre-Louis' two-year deal will be worth $6M, per source.

C Mart

helmet.jpg

In an effort to bolster their depth at linebaker while upgrading their special teams play, the Jets have come to terms on a new deal with former Seahawks and Chiefs linebacker Kevin Pierre-Lewis.

The deal is expected to be a two-year agreement, worth $6 million.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
k0Gkiv9XHyA

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/17/2018 at 9:24 PM, C Mart said:

Strengths

Tight-skinned, muscular build. Athletic knee-bender. Flows well laterally. Protects his legs and slips blocks. Motivated and hardworking. Productive four-year starter. Combine all-star put on a show in Indianapolis -- ran in the low 4.5s, pumped 28 bench-press reps, posted a 39-inch vertical, recorded a 10-foot, 8-inch broad jump, finished the short shuttle in 4.02 seconds and ran a 6.92-second 3-cone drill.

Weaknesses

Needs to improve functional strength. Average eyes and diagnostic skills. Loses sight of the ball, gets sucked in by playaction and takes false steps. Gets knocked out of the hole at the point of attack. Stays wired to blocks. Has man-cover limitations. Has tweener traits -- lacks ideal bulk for linebacker and speed for safety.

Draft Projection

Rounds 5-6

Bottom Line

Small-framed, experienced, productive, finesse weakside linebacker who has bulked up 15-20 pounds in the last year. Helped himself with an outstanding combine performance, and is best-suited in a fast-flow scheme in which he can utilize his athleticism to run and hit. Has traits to be used on special teams and develop as a nickel linebacker.
-Nolan Nawrocki

Reading scouting reports is a painful exercise. These "scouts" are literally meeting word-count minimums by typing sentences that have zero meaning behind them.

"Needs to improve functional strength." - What in the f*ck does that mean? What is "functional strength"? Does it mean that he needs to stop bench-pressing and start flipping tires? What is "strength" vs "functional strength"?

"Tight skinned, muscular build." Alright dude, the guy is in shape, but this isn't a Mr. Olympia contest. This makes it sound like the dude is strong as f*ck, but his next sentence the author claims that he needs to improve his "functional strength," so which one is it?

• 1 month later...

Rich Cimini (@RichCimini)

5/14/18, 5:51 PM

Jets LB Pierre-Louis makes deal on drug charge espn.com/nfl/story/_/id…

s linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louismade an agreement Monday with Johnson County, Kansas prosecutors to have a drug-possession charge dropped if he successfully completes a one-year probationary term, his attorney, Trey Pettlon, confirmed.

Pierre-Louis was a member of the Kansas City Chiefs when he was charged in January with several misdemeanors, including marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.

10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini (@RichCimini)

5/14/18, 5:51 PM

Jets LB Pierre-Louis makes deal on drug charge espn.com/nfl/story/_/id…

s linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louismade an agreement Monday with Johnson County, Kansas prosecutors to have a drug-possession charge dropped if he successfully completes a one-year probationary term, his attorney, Trey Pettlon, confirmed.

Pierre-Louis was a member of the Kansas City Chiefs when he was charged in January with several misdemeanors, including marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.

And BOOM, it all goes away.

Now sack Brandy dammit!

On 3/17/2018 at 8:33 PM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It’s definitely that. I got pulled over with weed by the KHP on my way home from Colorado in December and the trooper just made me toss it. I’m sure it didn’t hurt that I had a kitten with no carrier and a stripper in a unicorn onesie that he didn’t want to be responsible for if he put me in custody.

interesting 3-way.  But of course, useless post without pics.

So this guy was caught driving without a license and without a valid license plate and no registration .....hmmmm sounds pretty dumb also had pot and a pipe in the car while he was driving without a valid plate and no registration and no license....dumber. A little bit of pot and maybe a pipe - no big deal! Driving without that other stuff is just plain dumb and doing it all at the same time even dumber! THE JETS PAYING THIS GUY 6 MILLION -Dumbest move out of all of them!

So this guy was caught driving without a license and without a valid license plate and no registration .....hmmmm sounds pretty dumb also had pot and a pipe in the car while he was driving without a valid plate and no registration and no license....dumber. A little bit of pot and maybe a pipe - no big deal! Driving without that other stuff is just plain dumb and doing it all at the same time even dumber! THE JETS PAYING THIS GUY 6 MILLION -Dumbest move out of all of them!

On 3/17/2018 at 8:23 PM, Integrity28 said:

Or: Brown human locked in cage for being brown.

The main thing I enjoyed about this post was reading it, and then saying, I bet this gets negative rep from jetsons and being right.

20 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The main thing I enjoyed about this post was reading it, and then saying, I bet this gets negative rep from jetsons and being right.

Yup, I had 2-3 specific guys in mind when I wrote it.

On 3/17/2018 at 8:04 PM, prime21 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article196870209.html

January 26, 2018 01:10 PM
Chiefs linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis was arrested Thursday night and charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana, THC and drug paraphernalia, driving without a valid driver’s license and failure to display a valid license plate or current registration.

Kansas Highway Patrol made the traffic stop in Johnson County.

Pierre-Louis, 26, appeared in Johnson County District Court Friday and pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Pierre-Louis was released from custody after posting a $2,500 bond.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

whats marijuana?

On 3/17/2018 at 8:25 PM, Jet9 said:

As a white guy arrested for it, Im kinda over that one. Just saying. 

Well, you shouldn't be 'over it'. Rather, you should understand what a MASSIVE problem it is.  

On 3/17/2018 at 9:29 PM, Freemanm said:

First Robbie Anderson, now this. Can the Jets please sign a player with a clean driving record???

Weed and traffic infractions. If that’s the only skeletons in his closet...no big deal. If he can play sign him up.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, C Mart said:

Strengths

Tight-skinned, muscular build. Athletic knee-bender. Flows well laterally. Protects his legs and slips blocks. Motivated and hardworking. Productive four-year starter. Combine all-star put on a show in Indianapolis -- ran in the low 4.5s, pumped 28 bench-press reps, posted a 39-inch vertical, recorded a 10-foot, 8-inch broad jump, finished the short shuttle in 4.02 seconds and ran a 6.92-second 3-cone drill.

Weaknesses

Needs to improve functional strength. Average eyes and diagnostic skills. Loses sight of the ball, gets sucked in by playaction and takes false steps. Gets knocked out of the hole at the point of attack. Stays wired to blocks. Has man-cover limitations. Has tweener traits -- lacks ideal bulk for linebacker and speed for safety.

Draft Projection

Rounds 5-6

Bottom Line

Small-framed, experienced, productive, finesse weakside linebacker who has bulked up 15-20 pounds in the last year. Helped himself with an outstanding combine performance, and is best-suited in a fast-flow scheme in which he can utilize his athleticism to run and hit. Has traits to be used on special teams and develop as a nickel linebacker.
-Nolan Nawrocki

tight-skinned? What is this, a cosmetic surgery ad? :)

Archived