Teddy Bridgewater passes his physical.....

ARodJetsFan

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's been said over and over again.  

Guess clearing this up is more important actually giving the reason why you said it, even if you said it once.  Not getting the issue.  

haha so what happened to me constantly repeating it? Good job fella. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess that takes care of point one on my list.

Now the OC just needs to design a system around Teddy (i.e., what Josh McDaniels has done for Tom for a decade and half - quick pass oriented offense, backs who can operate out of the gun and can catch out of the backfield).

OC does that then if they take a QB at 3, the greenie will be sitting for a long time.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Seriously, what makes you keep repeating this?  Because you actually believe the only reason that Hack or Petty have never won the starting job is because the HC likes vets?  Really? 

See the hordes already want to start a rookie regardless of whether he is ready or not so that they then can boo the hell out of him and claim somehow the Jets blew the pick by picking the very guy they are clamoring for.  

And no you can’t make this up. 

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

See the hordes already want to start a rookie regardless of whether he is ready or not so that they then can boo the hell out of him and claim somehow the Jets blew the pick by picking the very guy they are clamoring for.  

And no you can’t make this up. 

It is amazing the conclusions people come to.  Just twist reality to make it for your agenda.  Ignore the point, who would have played the rookie Petty, the Petty after his stats on year 2 or Hack in either year?  Who would anyone justify either getting the starting job and explaining it to the team while pretending you're trying to win games

Teddy turns out to be a stellar, fully healed franchise QB.  The Jets take Saquon Barkley at #3.  The Jets, with the highest scoring offense in the league, win two consecutive Super Bowls led by these two guys as they franchise Teddy for the 2019 season!

C'mon, everyone can see it coming!

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Teddy turns out to be a stellar, fully healed franchise QB.  The Jets take Saquon Barkley at #3.  The Jets, with the highest scoring offense in the league, win two consecutive Super Bowls led by these two guys as they franchise Teddy for the 2019 season!

You can't trade all those picks for anything else than a QB .

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Another who just wants to argue over nothing.  Have a good day 

That would be you, little fella. Making statements that aren't true, then when busted, turning into... this. Good day little buddy! Can't wait for your response.

Do we have any official word on the terms of the contract?  First I heard 1 year 5MM, then I read that it could be "up to 15MM".  I assume the latter # is for playing incentives and if the knee is still in place by Halloween.  Anyone hear anything official on the #'s? 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

i hope the teddy thing becomes true then we can trade him for some picks back . Not the Barkley part tho 

Albert Breer‏ @AlbertBreer

The $9M in incentives for Jets QB Teddy Bridgewater, per source

• $250K/game he plays 50% of the snaps (max: $4M)

• $250K for 2500 yds;

$500K for 2751 yds;

$1.25M for 3001 yds

• $250K for 10 TDs; 

$500K for 16 TDs;

$1.25M for 21 TDs

• $2.5M for 50% of snaps AND playoffs

This is, of course, on top of the $500K signing bonus, $5M base and $500K workout bonus Bridgewater is getting.

23 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

i hope the teddy thing becomes true then we can trade him for some picks back . Not the Barkley part tho 

Hm but why would we trade him if he turns out to be fully healed and looks like a franchise QB? Isn't that kinda what we've been waiting for?

On 3/18/2018 at 12:25 PM, pointman said:

Seriously. Bowles only likes vets, the older the better. Its going to be sad when our brand new stud qb is drafted and doesn't get a real chance until Bowles is fired.

Is it possible that Bowles does not practice ageism. What if Petty and Hack end up on another team and they still show zero ability to be a starting QB. Does Bowles and his staff get a pass for not developing a player that had no developmental ability?

23 hours ago, darook said:

Do we have any official word on the terms of the contract?  First I heard 1 year 5MM, then I read that it could be "up to 15MM".  I assume the latter # is for playing incentives and if the knee is still in place by Halloween.  Anyone hear anything official on the #'s? 

I heard they signed Teddy for $500,000. If Teddy makes the opening day roster, he gets $5,000,000. And then there are bonuses that can raise the contract to $15,000,000 if the Jets win a super bowl.

2 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Is it possible that Bowles does not practice ageism. What if Petty and Hack end up on another team and they still show zero ability to be a starting QB. Does Bowles and his staff get a pass for not developing a player that had no developmental ability?

Its very possible. Just not seeing any Petty until McCown went down, in a lost season, was tough. And not seeing any of Hack was tough too. Don't get me wrong, I don't think either of them are "it" I just would have liked to of seen them get some playing time in a season that was, really lost.

57 minutes ago, pointman said:

Its very possible. Just not seeing any Petty until McCown went down, in a lost season, was tough. And not seeing any of Hack was tough too. Don't get me wrong, I don't think either of them are "it" I just would have liked to of seen them get some playing time in a season that was, really lost.

If we had seen a lot of Petty and Hack, the Jets would still have those 3 2's

11 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

I heard they signed Teddy for $500,000. If Teddy makes the opening day roster, he gets $5,000,000. And then there are bonuses that can raise the contract to $15,000,000 if the Jets win a super bowl.

I heard the same thing on the radio. Jets are on the hook for 500k if they cut Teddy early in camp? If true it's a great deal for us....

42 minutes ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

I heard the same thing on the radio. Jets are on the hook for 500k if they cut Teddy early in camp? If true it's a great deal for us....

Teddy Bridgewater's one-year, $6 million deal with the Jets contains just $500,000 guaranteed.

The only guaranteed portion of the deal is Teddy's $500K signing bonus. The base value of the one-year contract is $6 million with another $9 million available in incentives, which seem increasingly unlikely for Bridgewater to reach after the Jets traded up to the No. 3 overall pick, almost certainly targeting a quarterback. It's not out of the question that the Jets could end up releasing Bridgewater before the season and going with the rookie and Josh McCown.

Teddy Bridgewater's one-year, $6 million deal with the Jets contains just $500,000 guaranteed.
The only guaranteed portion of the deal is Teddy's $500K signing bonus. The base value of the one-year contract is $6 million with another $9 million available in incentives, which seem increasingly unlikely for Bridgewater to reach after the Jets traded up to the No. 3 overall pick, almost certainly targeting a quarterback. It's not out of the question that the Jets could end up releasing Bridgewater before the season and going with the rookie and Josh McCown.   Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter   http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/374604/teddy-bridgewater-has-only-$500k-guaranteed?ls=roto:NYJ:topheadlines
He could just be a camp arm.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 3/19/2018 at 5:33 PM, RESNewYork said:

Thanks. 

No way he is a camp arm. It’s weird how they signed him and then they traded up. Trade chip for next year. I think it’s a great deal for both parties. If the jets draft a QB(which is prob 95 percent) then you can sit him for a year, have the QB competition between Teddy and Josh and if Teddy wins, it makes for an interesting off season since it’s just a one year deal and Josh will prob join the coaching staff. 

On 3/19/2018 at 5:33 PM, RESNewYork said:

Playoffs, not Super Bowl. And playoffs are only ~$2m of it.

Bridgewater’s signing and contract were worth the gamble, but the McCown re-signing is still submoronic. If he’s ever on the field, we’ve got problems anyway; problems that aren’t solved with him out there instead of a street FA we could find after final roster cutdowns. His value as a QB is for a contender who’d still want a puncher’s chance if the starter got injured late (not totally unlike Foles coming in for Wentz instead of relying upon their own Petty/Hackenberg type). That’s not us, though.

I don’t see a big surprise here with TB passing his physical. He was on Minnesota’s active roster as the #2 QB for the last 8 games of the season last year, and I’m quite sure the team was aware of his previous injury’s severity before doing so. Unless he re-injured himself in his last practice with the Vikings, it would have been unexpected if he then couldn’t pass a physical 3 months later. 

I can already tell you how this will end:

Teddy starts this year and plays very well. Next year we tag and trade him for a second round pick, with plans to start Sam Darnold, who "miraculously" fell to us at #3. Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan both get four year extensions.

Darnold, continuing off of his final year in college, goes on to be a turnover machine. He is out of the league in three years.

Bridgewater on the other hand goes on to have a Hall of Fame career. He leads his new team to two Super Bowls.

Oh and that second round pick that we got for Teddy? Mac uses it on a tweener DE/OLB who can't get to the QB.

The McCown signing really puzzles me as well.  I'm losing all confidence in Mac.  Almost every "name" resigning he's done has been a misstep:  Revis, Cro, Harris, Fitz, Mo, and now McC.  Will this guy every learn.     

11 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

The McCown signing really puzzles me as well.  I'm losing all confidence in Mac.  Almost every "name" resigning he's done has been a misstep:  Revis, Cro, Harris, Fitz, Mo, and now McC.  Will this guy every learn.     

what is the issue w/ McCown? it's a 1 year deal for not big money when we have a boatload of cap room.  He's there to be a vet and help the young guy. 

In 2015 they HAD to spend and they spent to be competitive day 1 which they were. it didn't work year 2 and they tore it down for year 3 for a total rebuild.  If he signed McCown to a 5 year deal I'd understand criticism but what is there to criticize now?

I'm not a superbowl or bust guy.  All I want to see is a team with a really good shot at the post season.  McCown does NOTHING for us.  If McCown is under center we are not a post season team.  IMHO this business about being a mentor is total BS, total feel good BS.  

Each of these players were  grossly overpaid.  Having to spend the cap is one issue but misplacing it is another and Mac is guilty of the later IMHO.  I felt he overpaid each of them at the time but I gave him the benefit of the doubt.  Now for me the jury is in and Mac ain't cutting it.

For me the 2018 McCown contract is the very definition of cap mismanagement.          

Archived