Jump to content

Teddy Bridgewater passes his physical.....


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a Christmas miracle! 

Seriously, what makes you keep repeating this?  Because you actually believe the only reason that Hack or Petty have never won the starting job is because the HC likes vets?  Really? 

Teddy Bridgewater passed his physical with the Jets. Two deals across the league were nixed due to failed physicals last week—Ryan Grant with Baltimore and Bashaud Breeland with Carolina—and ther

6 minutes ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

Does Bates have a QB coach?  I think that's why McCown was signed, to be that QB coach as well as insurance if the Rookie QB, Teddy or Hack fail miserably.  

Why $10m?  Who were we bidding against?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Why $10m?  Who were we bidding against?

I think just because he is a well liked individual and they did not want him going to the Bills.  From what I heard from a coworker a (bills fan) Bills wanted a mentor for their QB's and was looking at possibly McCown. just sayin ...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict that Bridgewater doesn't take a regular season snap for the Jets. He is going to get traded before the season starts, or gets cut at a loss of only 500K. I base this on the fact that the Jets won't cut Hackenberg out of fear that he somehow finds his stroke with another team.  We signed him before the big trade up, so I see the move as insurance, and not a solution to our QB ills.

I'm comfortable with McCown, (Rosen, Mayfield, Allen), and Hackenberg as our 3 QBs. Joel Stave goes to the practice squad.

  • Confused 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd just as soon go with Bridgewater, (Rosen, Mayfield, Allen), and Hackenberg as our 3 QBs.  I don't want the likes of McCown or Fitz on our roster.  Sink or swim.  McCown gets us no closer to a good season.    

Further, how did having a mentor work out for Sanchez?  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I'd just as soon go with Bridgewater, (Rosen, Mayfield, Allen), and Hackenberg as our 3 QBs.  I don't want the likes of McCown or Fitz on our roster.  Sink or swim.  McCown gets us no closer to a good season.    

Further, how did having a mentor work out for Sanchez?  

Teddy is damaged goods, they don't know if he is completely healthy.  if he is and shows what he was showing a couple of years ago he will hopefully get a shot.  if not they have Josh.

Bad example w/ Mark.  he came in w/ Kellen Clemens as his vet mentor.  year 2 he had Brunell and year 2 he was really good and getting better.  year 3 his #s improved but his overall play dipped w/lesser talent around him.  Year 4 we got rid of his OC and his main weapons became Chaz Schilens and Stephen Hill.  There are many factors that help develop a QB, having a respected vet there to help him is a good thing.  it guarantees nothing but it's still a good thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Teddy is damaged goods, they don't know if he is completely healthy.  if he is and shows what he was showing a couple of years ago he will hopefully get a shot.  if not they have Josh.

Bad example w/ Mark.  he came in w/ Kellen Clemens as his vet mentor.  year 2 he had Brunell and year 2 he was really good and getting better.  year 3 his #s improved but his overall play dipped w/lesser talent around him.  Year 4 we got rid of his OC and his main weapons became Chaz Schilens and Stephen Hill.  There are many factors that help develop a QB, having a respected vet there to help him is a good thing.  it guarantees nothing but it's still a good thing.

I repeat, does McCown get us to the post season?  No!  Enough said for me at any rate.  Agree to disagree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I repeat, does McCown get us to the post season?  No!  Enough said for me at any rate.  Agree to disagree.

it's not about postseason, it's about further developing all the young talent and developing the next QB.  The last thing we'd want to do is throw a rookie out there week 1 if he isn't ready and we have no idea physically if teddy will be ready which was why he got a low guarantee. 

I just cannot comprehend how signing mccown is such a bad thing.  The Jets are not winning a SB this year, it's not about this year.  it's about this year and beyond.  He's a bridge to the future.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...