Josh Allen

T0mShane

Josh Allen   

176 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts on Josh Allen

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Which is ? Rosen? darnold ? So we paid a lot to get to a spot we still may not get the guy we want ? Something tells me this is Mac getting cute again, instead of going all in. He never trades up unless it’s a good deal. I’m sure he tried to get the 1st or 2nd pick, but 3rd pick was the “better bargain. “ 

No.  What if mccags would only take 3 qbs but not allen?  Then trading up makes more sense.  Most think the jets would be happy with any of the 4 qbs, but what if that's not the case?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Augustiniak said:

No.  What if mccags would only take 3 qbs but not allen?  Then trading up makes more sense.  Most think the jets would be happy with any of the 4 qbs, but what if that's not the case?

So you are saying he equals baker mayfield to Rosen and darnold ? Ohkk lol. I like baker, but do not think he was worth trading 3 premium picks for. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

So you are saying he equals baker mayfield to Rosen and darnold ? Ohkk lol. I like baker, but do not think he was worth trading 3 premium picks for. 

No.  I'm defending trading up if you don't like all 4 qbs.  If you're only intent on drafting 3 of them it makes more sense to trade up.  

23 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

This is why most teams wait last min on draft day to make these trades. I know the price could go up, but if darnold, Rosen did go 1 and two I don’t trade up and stay at 6. Either Allen or mayfield fall to 6 or I take a tremendous DE pass rusher in chubb, or a once in a lifetime RB in Barkley. If we take Allen or mayfield at 3, why didn’t we just take 1 at 6 and still have 3 premium picks still ? A trade this early only makes sense if it’s 1 or 2, or  you know will get darnold or Rosen at 3. 

I get your point, but that's only if you have Allen and Mayfield graded similarly AND your comfortable that one will fall to you at 6.

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Bingo. I think this is it. If the Jets were comfortable with 4 of the QBs, they would have traded with Cleveland. The fact that they jumped to #3 makes me think they only like 3 (question is who is the third) OR they have great intel in the Giants not selecting a QB and not desiring to trade their pick.

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Excuses should never be the basis for selecting a player in the top 10 of the draft.

T

1 minute ago, Persiussa said:

Wow!

They are not excuses.  They are realities.  They have to be considered.  They may still not like what they see, but they should bear them in mind.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re going off the Senior Bowl, then Kyle Lauletta is the number one pick in the draft.

In my nightmares, Kyle Lauletta, #11 for the New England Patriots, drafted in the 2nd round of the 2018 draft, wins the 2020 Super Bowl MVP. 

50 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Bingo. I think this is it. If the Jets were comfortable with 4 of the QBs, they would have traded with Cleveland. The fact that they jumped to #3 makes me think they only like 3 (question is who is the third) OR they have great intel in the Giants not selecting a QB and not desiring to trade their pick.

Mehta?

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

And OL that could get any QB playing for the Jets killed. 

Can anyone explain to me why the Jets gave Ben Ijalana $5Mill AGAIN, and penny pinched with their starting TE ASJ, wouldn’t go above $4Mill?  He was 1/2 a TE, but more of a TE than we’ve had for 30 Years...now we have NO TE.

Then ASJ signs for the SAME money they give this bad RESERVE Olineman who didn’t even play last year.

Maybe Maccagnan will draft an Olineman higher than the 5th Rd for the first time smh.

Jesus, the “logic” of this front office.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So you are comfortable with Mac proclaiming mayfield or Allen are on same page as darnold /Rosen ? This is the guy who was sweating bullets hoping nobody picked Christian Hackenberg before us lol. Now we know hack would have most likely could have been aquired with our 3rd round pick   

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Lol, you and me both my friend!

Maybe I'm trying to convince myself of something that isn't there, but it does seem very coincidental that the jets made this move right after the Rosen and mayfield pro days.  And i think with those 2 guys, you know what you're getting on the field.  I wonder if mccagnan wanted to talk to these guys one more time before making the trade, since many of the concerns with these guys are of a character nature.  I combine this with mcagnan's swing and miss with hackenberg, and I'm just not buying the allen to the jets logic.  Allen may have a higher ceiling than mayfield but mayfield to me seems like if he does what he did in college, he's a slightly better version of what keenum is right now, which is decent to good.  And that's a win for this franchise.

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If you listed the reasons not to draft each of the top 5 QBs and then listed the reasons to draft each of the top 5, what would it look like? And would Allen's pros have anything worthy to note other than his size and arm strength?

Read up on the kid. He runs more of a pro style offense with pre snap responsibilities and read progressions. He is also a very good athlete. 

The Jets are sitting whoever they draft 

The question is who will be the best NFL QB down the line 

I'm not saying it's Allen, but he checks some sexy boxes 

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Read up on the kid. He runs more of a pro style offense with pre snap responsibilities and read progressions. He is also a very good athlete. 

I know this board will explode but I fully expect the Jets to take Allen too. Rosen has been too injury prone, doesn't seem to be a good lockerroom Guy and is not very good throwing on the run, which he will probably need to do a lot of with our offensive line.   Mayfield could be the guy but again, how many 6'0 guys really succeed at quarterback in the NFL?   Allen has the size, mobility, arm strength an athleticism to develop into a true franchise quarterback, especially one who plays in the Northeast.   They will need to have patience and since we just signed Bridgewater and McCown, there will really is no need to rush unless he significantly outplays them.   I personally on board with this but like said, I know this board with explode if they go this route, especially if both Rosen and Mayfield are also available (which is very likely). 

Everyone in this board mentions Hack and his accuracy issues - but they dont seem to mention Petty and his struggles transitioning from a spread offense to the NFL. Allen doesnt have mechanics issues like Hack had btw. He played in a pro style offense outdoors, in North Dakota. These factors will naturally drop a completion percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

That's the scariest part of all this.  The Jets need the most developed / pro ready QB available at #3.  If they need to teach and develop a QB prospect (even a physically gifted one like Allen) then my confidence in this working out longterm drops like a rock.  In terms of pure readiness (guys who required the least development) I think it's Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, then Allen.  

Why? Bates is supposed to be great at developing QBs if they have the talent. Also, stop with the Kyle Boller references. Never was he considered a #1 overall talent. When Allen got to the Senior Bowl they said he improved a great deal in one week. He had nice touch on his throws and obviously has amazing arm talent. First time he had really good receivers and he played very well. People are too stuck on stats. If he played for Oklahoma, all of the screen passes and short, quick reads would have ballooned his %. So why isn't everyone worried that Mayfield's % is a product of easy throws and a much, much better team and talent around him? Cousins has a high % but has yet to elevate the players around him and his won/loss record against good teams is abysmal. I think Allen is a lot like Cam Newton - can deliver big plays and wins. Marino couldn't reach 50%, and that was at Pitt. Yah, he sucked too.

8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I know this board will explode but I fully expect the Jets to take Allen too. Rosen has been too injury prone, doesn't seem to be a good lockerroom Guy and is not very good throwing on the run, which he will probably need to do a lot of with our offensive line.   Mayfield could be the guy but again, how many 6'0 guys really succeed at quarterback in the NFL?   Allen has the size, mobility, arm strength an athleticism to develop into a true franchise quarterback, especially one who plays in the Northeast.   They will need to have patience and since we just signed Bridgewater and McCown, there will really is no need to rush unless he significantly outplays them.   I personally on board with this but like said, I know this board with explode if they go this route, especially if both Rosen and Mayfield are also available (which is very likely). 

This class is kinda weird, all the prospects have pretty obvious weaknesses. 

Allen is a late bloomer. If his last season was clearly better than the one before, he is probably the first pick easy 

Looking over his highlights I see Elway, then Hackenberg 

If they pick Allen I will support it and start getting behind teddy to play 

In the meantime what comes out of his pro day and his personal workout with the Jets will have a lot to do with where he goes. 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

So you are comfortable with Mac proclaiming mayfield or Allen are on same page as darnold /Rosen ? This is the guy who was sweating bullets hoping nobody picked Christian Hackenberg before us lol. Now we know hack would have most likely could have been aquired with our 3rd round pick   

No, I think he has Darnold and Rosen as the top 2 and then either Mayfield or Rosen a tier below but still worthy of the #3 pick for a QB desperate team.

46 minutes ago, Larz said:

I'm intimately familiar with all 5 QBs. Allen has all the tools. The fact that he couldn't put it together and dominate against college kids is a very very bad sign. 

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

For all the people killing Allen because of his completion percentage Jay cutler had a similar completion percentage playing with nobodies at vanderbilt

a part of completion percentage is the receiver actually catching the ball

Yeah and he carried Vanderbilt playing against SEC teams every week. Allen plays like garbage when he faces decent competition let alone SEC defenses every week. 

Archived