THEORY: Jets are targeting Baker Mayfield

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Macc also seems to like QBs that suck. Maybe he might want to use the “ phone a friend” option here. 

Macc, who likes tall QBs with strong arms did not move up to 3 to take a weak-armed midget QB. This is all about getting a shot at either Darnold, Rosen or Allen.

There are some genuine concerns with Rosen.  The concussions are the probably the biggest one. You can only have so many before you start looking at serious long-term consequences. The highly int

Posted Images

Macc, who likes tall QBs with strong arms did not move up to 3 to take a weak-armed midget QB.

This is all about getting a shot at either Darnold, Rosen or Allen.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 11
  • Post of the Week 1
1 minute ago, SMC said:

Macc, who likes tall QBs with strong arms did not move up to 3 to take a weak-armed midget QB.

Now that you said that Mayfield will be a Jet. So when it happens it's your fault.

• Haha 3

While I dont care about Rosen wearing the anti-trump hat and dont feel its a big deal, its a bit different for the Jets organization as Woody essentially works for Trump.  Just something to think about

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, jetsons said:

But he is under 6'2"... so are Brees, Wilson & Flutie.

I'm saying that might be a strike for Mac, not for me. 

• Upvote 3
53 minutes ago, SMC said:

I thought Baker had the second strongest arm behind Allen of the big 4?

• Upvote 3

If BigMac traded up this much for Baker Mayfield, I think it would be similar to the feeling of when you're doing one of those scratch offs, where you have to match numbers and you scratch of like a $2,000 and a $20 and then you're scratching of the next and it's like, there's a 2!!!!  Oh sh*t, there's a zero!!!! Oh sh*t, there is another zero!!!!!!!!!  ****!!!!!!!!!!!  It's only $200!!!!!!!!!! but you hit one of those, another free scratch off, so it didnt seem like a total waste of $5 bucks even though you missed on the 20 and the 2,000.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, jetsons said:

But he is under 6'2"... so are Brees, Wilson & Flutie.

Brees - played in SD, and then in a Dome

Wilson - about 5 times the athlete that Baker is, came from a pro style O

Flutie - god forbit this 3rd pic's upside is Doug Flutie

who else you got?

I don't think sitting and 6 and waiting to see who dropped while being prepared to move up depending on how it was going was such a bad position to be in.  Those 2 second rounders were going to go a long way in reshaping our team.  None the less, one of the top 3 ain't half bad for this franchise.  I just think it's a lot to pay for the 3rd choice when a premier player (not necessarily a QB) would have been there at 6.  

So bottom line I'm not crazy about the price we paid for the 3rd choice but I'm very excited to see how it all turns out. 

I would have said fk it if we got a non QB at 6.  Just sit McCown and let Teddy and Hack battle it out for the start.  Our top  3 picks would have been building a team anyway.     

If they traded up this early for mayfield or allen its a horrible decision.  It's pretty logical to say that the jets have a 3rd Qb they love enough at 3 but in my mind the gap between the top 2 and #3 is MASSIVE and not worth 3 2nd round picks.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Allen seems the toughest one to peg where he’d go.

No one would be truly surprised if he went #1 and no one would be surprised if he fell to Denver at #5 (or if another team trades up to grab him there).

The only one of the 4 I think that’d be a shock to go #1 (knowing only what we know today) is Mayfield. 

I agree.I could see the Browns taking him, the Giants taking him, the Jets taking him, the Broncos taking him

Just now, Beerfish said:

If they traded up this early for mayfield or allen its a horrible decision.  It's pretty logical to say that the jets have a 3rd Qb they love enough at 3 but in my mind the gap between the top 2 and #3 is MASSIVE and not worth 3 2nd round picks.

This is why somebody is going to be pissed at who they draft, no matter who it is. Nobody has any clue on who is going to be better than who. Nobody knows. 

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Mayfield's arm is very strong - stronger than Rosen's..

http://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-2018-NFL-Combine/10241/dh/

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I simply cannot see this GM picking Mayfield over Allen.  I'd have to see it happen to believe it.

I think the entire point of this move was to get high enough to get Allen, or possibly Rosen or Darnold if something crazy happened, and to AVOID being left holding the Mayfield bag.

I wouldn't think so, but they keep seeing the guy. they went to his pro day they had an extensive interview than him

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is why somebody is going to be pissed at who they draft, no matter who it is. Nobody has any clue on who is going to be better than who. Nobody knows. 

About 50% of us knew for sure that Hackenburg was a big fat awful dud.  Don't sell us short here dude.

• Post of the Week 2
6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I simply cannot see this GM picking Mayfield over Allen.  I'd have to see it happen to believe it.

I think the entire point of this move was to get high enough to get Allen, or possibly Rosen or Darnold if something crazy happened, and to AVOID being left holding the Mayfield bag.

That's just the question I keep asking - is why?  They seem to very much like Mayfield.  He's the better QB.  

They made the trade becaus there's a good possibility all 4 will be gone by 6. In fact, it's likely that's the case.  

• Upvote 2