THEORY: Jets are targeting Baker Mayfield

House Jet

45 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Sweet jesus. What are you trying to do to us??? We still have 5 weeks of small hope and it's shrinking by the day with stuff like this!

Haha I was going to keep this to myself, known this for a few months. I always assumed it was a Mac pick, I suppose it still is ultimately, but there is that extra level of scared sh*tless now ?.

I wouldn't be overly concerned with the #3 pick because we've been scouting all season, I don't know how in depth Bates went when schouting the 2016 class since he wasn't with a team. May have been "Hey Bates we like Hack whatcha think?" "I think he'd make for a good developmental pick" 

The man power that is going into this selection will likely be 10x more focused than when Hack was picked, at least I hope haha

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Haha I was going to keep this to myself, known this for a few months. I always assumed it was a Mac pick, I suppose it still is ultimately, but there is that extra level of scared sh*tless now ?.

I don't know how in depth Bates went when schouting the 2016 class since he wasn't with a team. May have been "Hey Bates we like Hack whatcha think?" "I think he'd make for a good developmental pick" 

The man power that is going into this selection will likely be 10x more focused than when Hack was picked, at least I hope haha

I also dont know if Bates knew he would be taken with  a second round pick

On 3/19/2018 at 8:18 AM, SMC said:

Macc, who likes tall QBs with strong arms did not move up to 3 to take a weak-armed midget QB.

This is all about getting a shot at either Darnold, Rosen or Allen.

I completely agree with your assessment of Mac's QB preference, but I think Mayfield will be a good one for whoever takes him. I would take Allen over Rosen because I like Allen's mobility over Rosen who is rather immobile.

10 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

@T0mShane I have a story that will give Jets fans nightmares until draft day. 

What if I told you Hack was not a Mac or Bowles pick?

The truth is far more nauseating. This time 2 years ago, after failing to trade up for Goff/Wentz, Brian Heimerdinger was asked who his choice at QB would be after the big two. Heimerdinger requested a laptop from the scouting department and fielded a phone call from a mystery outside source, this source was apparently very high on Hack. Bowles was not high on the pick, saying "this pick is not on me". Hack, after sitting for the entire 2016 season and not showing much in practice or training camp that year, the Jets decided to bring in a new QB coach, a coach who thought he could work with Hack, a coach that received a phone call from Heimerdinger 2 years ago, a coach that is now our OC.

Hack was a Jeremy Bates pick.

It makes my stomach flip and I pray there is no validity to it. Drafting a QB that late doesn't generally bode well in terms of production so hopefully it was just a stab in the dark, I'd like to believe any of the top 4 are far better options than the choices Bates was initially given.

Oh my God (if that’s true).

Anyone (amateurs included) could watch tape of Hackenberg and see that Allan Robinson MADE him in his Freshman year (and ONLY “good” year), by saving numerous inaccurate throws.  Very similar to Marshall and Decker saving probably more than half of Fitzpatrick’s throws.

It’s really disconcerting to think that ANY Jet coach had a hand in picking Hackenberg that high.  I’m no fan of Bowles but I have to cut him some slack for not wanting any of that stench rubbing off on him when he was totally against the pick, although it really would have been best to allow Hackenberg to see some live action in a totally lost season, because maybe the longest shot miracle happens and the light goes on for him.  Now he’ll never see 1 play in the NFL.  This time next year he’ll be part owner of some hunting store in Pennsylvania, using his fresh crisp Jet money.  Some real nice work he has had for the Jets...if you can get it.

Heimerdinger must be the son of Mike.  Too much nepotism in the NFL.  But the worst part is that it was Bates.

This team never stops torturing you.  Last 2 Tannrnbaum drafts, 2 Idzik drafts, and 3 Maccagnan drafts...7 consecutive drafts and almost NOTHING to show for it, and that’s no exaggeration...Jets can’t even field a pro Special Teams Unit at the moment, which makes sense busting on the last 7 drafts.

Now I learn the new OC liked Hackenberg...Jesus. 

Archived