WR T. Pryor Visiting Jets

Paradis

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s big, he’s fast, he’s athletically talented, he spent three years learning this game from the QB position, and when he switched over to WR he passed 1,000 yds....with a QB that we have on roster. 

And some y’all are like, “nah”. 

Here’s a list of our 1,000 yard receivers over the last two years:

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Would love the signing. He seems like the kind of kid that needs to be in the right spot and right system. He was Great in Cleveland but then a Trainwreck with Washington.

Since we've missed out on the more proven WR options he's actually great plan B. An incentive laden deal would make the most sense. 

Injuries

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I’ll wait too see if he makes out of Seattle . Russ has been recruiting him heavy .

but I would love Pryor next too Anderson . 2 dudes that can take the top off the defense .

PFT reports this morning that he has left Seattle and is headed for discussions with the Jets. Hope we don't let him leave without his signature.

52 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i'm guilty of labeling the WSH sabbatical a wash, but if you compare the numbers and the film with Pryor & McCown in 2016 to Anderson last year, it's Pryor all the way for me. 

I am kind of partial to Anderson based on yards per target.  They both have pretty poor catch rates, but Anderson has close to 2 more ypc.  Comparing Anderson last year to Pryor's "good" year I think Anderson was better.  I like the idea of bringing Pryor in cheap, my main issue is that none of these guys is a particularly efficient WR. Kearse is the only one who has gone over 60% catch rate and he had some bad years even with Russell Wilson.  Could be rough if we end up with Josh Allen. 

49 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm in the minority but I like the pieces we have at receiver. Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse, Stewart and Hansen -- I don't think that's a bad group in the short term. Hell, maybe we get something out man of glass Devin Smith.

Pryor might be worth a flier for low cash but he's not really a receiver he's just an athlete. No route running, hands like frying pans. I don't really think he's an upgrade.

How does anybody list Stewart and Hansen with a straight face?  They are hope guys.  I trust Devin Smith as much.  The two 2017 draft picks combined 15 catches on 30 targets for 176 yards and 0TDs.  That is despite being given every opportunity to start out of camp and having other main receiving threats injured or suspended (Forte, ASJ, Kerley).  They played in 30 games between them and did almost nothing.  I'm not writing them off, but I sure as sh*t am not counting on them either.  Surprised you didn't mention Peake. 

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

PFT reports this morning that he has left Seattle and is headed for discussions with the Jets. Hope we don't let him leave without his signature.

Rap sheet says he is visiting Seattle today . Jets tomorrow . But things change I might of missed the report he left Seattle 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

For those that know me - they know I go 6 to noon for tall big bodied receivers... AND I love me some Pryor... AND Josh turned him into a 1000 yard receiver with CLE...

Still; mixed feelings. I wanted to see him go back and be successful in CLE. That was a good story in believeland. Should have finished there. 

30 minutes ago, KRL said:

Shocking how low his production was in WAS.  But with the amount of

cap space we still have we should be making these types of "depth

signings", particularly with us having two less picks in the draft.

Maybe our WR coach (Dorrell) could work his magic and develop him

like Enunwa & Anderson

20 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Pryor was hurt all of last season: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/18/for-terrelle-pryor-health-will-be-a-key-ingredient-to-a-potential-2018-rebound/

This probably explains the dip in production. 

15 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Would like if the contract is 2 years

kearse enunwa and amdersons deals all expire at the end of the year

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Worth a visit. Good size and athleticism. 

With few draft picks we need to buy players 

Mac could have signed him what, 2 seasons ago? but didn't. 

Anyway, I would be fine with it dependent on contract. We still don't know enough about Q, so why not get another bigger WR in here.

I also think it would be nice to get another OLineman... just a random statement.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

So if they sign Pryor we're getting another "potential" Qb. How many do you guys want. The entire roster all Qbs?

Would you prefer all safeties?  Because Bowles and Mac would be delighted to accommodate you!

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

We have the money available to take a chance on a guy like him. Definitely would be an interesting signing. He's got great size and speed and was very effective for the Browns. In the right scheme he could be a legitimate threat.

What scheme is that?

When the Jets do take a QB, I would like to hear Bates discuss why that QB fits the scheme they plan on running.  

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Rap sheet says he is visiting Seattle today . Jets tomorrow . But things change I might of missed the report he left Seattle 

They were quoting Mary Kay Cabot from the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Who the hell knows?

I haven't really seen him play much but I do remember him having a pretty good game against us in CLE. I want our young guys to see the field so we can see what we have in them but competition never hurt anyone. If we sign him, may the best man win. 

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

What scheme is that?

When the Jets do take a QB, I would like to hear Bates discuss why that QB fits the scheme they plan on running.  

Probably something similar to what the Browns did when he was actually effective. I thought I read something about him a while back that Washington wasn't using him right. But it could have also just been the fact that he hit a second year wall as a receiver. That does happen. He's new to the position. 

I'm not saying he's a great player or that the Jets should sign him. But he's an interesting option. That's all. They have the cap room available to them if they want to take a chance on a player.

How does anybody list Stewart and Hansen with a straight face?  They are hope guys.  I trust Devin Smith as much.  The two 2017 draft picks combined 15 catches on 30 targets for 176 yards and 0TDs.  That is despite being given every opportunity to start out of camp and having other main receiving threats injured or suspended (Forte, ASJ, Kerley).  They played in 30 games between them and did almost nothing.  I'm not writing them off, but I sure as sh*t am not counting on them either.  Surprised you didn't mention Peake. 
Anything new on Devin Smith injury front?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Best available FA WR with no WRs on the cap cut or trade block other than Dez Bryant

7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

@#27TheDominator 

Where do you go to get your drop-rate stats?

Big difference between drop rate and catch rate.  Catch rate is catches per target.  Drops are entirely different.  Catch rate can be very QB dependent, but since Anderson in 2017 and Pryor in 2016 were both mainly working with McCown it seems pretty fair. 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Respect your opinion -- but also respect the fact that he's better than everyone you listed. 

I respect that you respect my opinion. I wish I could say the same thing about your opinion. No disrespect. 

Archived