WR T. Pryor Visiting Jets

Paradis

5 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

He signed with seahawks

Funny, because a lot of sources still say he is visiting the Jets.  There is a fake account saying he signed of Jason La Canfora but its fake...

I think you are wrong here

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am kind of partial to Anderson based on yards per target.  They both have pretty poor catch rates, but Anderson has close to 2 more ypc.  Comparing Anderson last year to Pryor's "good" year I think Anderson was better.  I like the idea of bringing Pryor in cheap, my main issue is that none of these guys is a particularly efficient WR. Kearse is the only one who has gone over 60% catch rate and he had some bad years even with Russell Wilson.  Could be rough if we end up with Josh Allen. 

How does anybody list Stewart and Hansen with a straight face?  They are hope guys.  I trust Devin Smith as much.  The two 2017 draft picks combined 15 catches on 30 targets for 176 yards and 0TDs.  That is despite being given every opportunity to start out of camp and having other main receiving threats injured or suspended (Forte, ASJ, Kerley).  They played in 30 games between them and did almost nothing.  I'm not writing them off, but I sure as sh*t am not counting on them either.  Surprised you didn't mention Peake. 

Good point although toward the end of the year, Hansen did flash abit and I am high on his potential.  The fact is we have Enunwa coming off a serious injury, Anderson who is suspension waiting to happen, and two guys (Hansen and Stewart) who barely played.   We get a chance to sign Pryor on an incentive laden deal, you do it in a heartbeat.

Would be a big fan of a dice roll here. Super talented athlete who’s been productive while learning the position on the fly and he should come cheap off a bad year. Team needs receiver depth. For all of Macc’s flaws as a GM he does a good job identifying one year projects.

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Good point although toward the end of the year, Hansen did flash abit and I am high on his potential.  The fact is we have Enunwa coming off a serious injury, Anderson who is suspension waiting to happen, and two guys (Hansen and Stewart) who barely played.   We get a chance to sign Pryor on an incentive laden deal, you do it in a heartbeat.

Hope we reel him in.

I like this idea.  If he can regain his form from 2 years ago we'll have a steal.  And don't discount him as a "trickeration" weapon to surprise opponents with a pass.  He'd also be a great emergency QB.  McCown has historically been injury prone and Bridgewater obviously is coming back from a major injury.

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Via Newsday:

Receiver Charles Johnson, who missed last season with the Panthers after surgery on his right knee, visited the Jets

In his first start against the Green Bay Packers on November 23, he caught his first career touchdown on a 22-yard pass from Teddy Bridgewater. In the Vikings' overtime victory against the New York Jets in Week 14, Johnson contributed to the win with his first-career 100-yard performance, ending the day with 103 yards on 4 catches including a career-long 56-yard touchdown

Would love the signing. He seems like the kind of kid that needs to be in the right spot and right system. He was Great in Cleveland but then a Trainwreck with Washington.
Since we've missed out on the more proven WR options he's actually great plan B. An incentive laden deal would make the most sense. 

Is he Kellen Winslow Jr reincarnate?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Just posted this in another thread, but... 

He was a target hog in Cleveland.  They had nobody else to throw to.  He got 1,007 yards, but on 140 targets.  Statistically he was worse in Washington, but his catch rate only dropped from 55% to 54% and his ypc from 13.4 to 12.  Not the night and day difference you'd expect considering the washout. I like him, bu this is not a "don't let him leave without a contract" guy.

but he’s tall and big bodied

10 hours ago, KRL said:

Shocking how low his production was in WAS.  But with the amount of

cap space we still have we should be making these types of "depth

signings", particularly with us having two less picks in the draft.

Maybe our WR coach (Dorrell) could work his magic and develop him

like Enunwa & Anderson

Depth signing?  Pryor is starting week 1

26 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Hearing Costello the idiot Macagnan drone on Joe & Evan gush overhow great a move signing Pryor would be after we let way better FA receivers go by was nauseating

I love Robinson, but there is a big difference between signing Robinson for 42 million or Watkins for 48 million (with guarantees in the 20's and average per year in the 14-16 range) than signing Pryor to a 1 year deal for about 5-8 million. 

If Wakins continues his trend of disappointment the Chiefs are still on the hook for a huge cap hit in 2019 (20 million). 

Pryor caught a grand total of 2 passes before 2016 when he went 77 for 1007 (mostly with mccown). Then he went to Washington and it didn't work at all. It's a little worrying that he couldn't excel with Cousins, but Watkins couldn't excel with Goff and the great Rams offense under McVey. 

I'm thinking the Chiefs paid a ton of cash because they assume the fit in LA wasn't right and  that they will use him differently/more efficiently. 

The Jets are probably thinking the same thing with Pryor. He was emerging in 2016 (in what was pretty much his rookie year) and then 2017 with the Skins was just a bad fit. 

I like the Jets signing of Pyror (assuming it happens) over the Watkins signing by the Chiefs. I'd still prefer Allen Robinson, but that ship as sailed. 

You can bash Macc for Hack and for a couple of other bad picks in the middle/late rounds, but Macc has shown a knack for getting good "bargains" on vets like Claiborne/Davis. Even McCown's contract last  year was well worth it based on his production (although you could argue that it was too good of a signing and cost us 3 2nd round picks....)

18 minutes ago, C Mart said:

New York Jets (@nyjets)

3/20/18, 5:27 PM

UFA WR Terrelle Pryor has visited with the team. pic.twitter.com/D2fhLlPBhF

hmmm....How should we read this?  Would the Jets tweet that he "visited" if they felt they were about to sign him....or would they just not say anything for a couple hours if they thought a deal was close and then just announce that?

Just now, jetstream23 said:

hmmm....How should we read this?  Would the Jets tweet that he "visited" if they felt they were about to sign him....or would they just not say anything for a couple hours if they thought a deal was close and then just announce that?

No other visits announced

Archived