WR T. Pryor Visiting Jets

Paradis

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll bet both teams offered a cheap 1 year prove it deal (like he had last year, only for less money this time).  He's looking for a longer contract and if he doesn't get one, he might consider a team giving him a 1-year.  If he ultimately takes a 1-year prove it, he should go to the team with the better QB if he is smart

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'll bet both teams offered a cheap 1 year prove it deal (like he had last year, only for less money this time).  He's looking for a longer contract and if he doesn't get one, he might consider a team giving him a 1-year.  If he ultimately takes a 1-year prove it, he should go to the team with the better QB if he is smart

Coming off a 77-1000 season he only got a 1yr/8 million prove it deal. There is no way he is getting more than that. 

22 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love Robinson, but there is a big difference between signing Robinson for 42 million or Watkins for 48 million (with guarantees in the 20's and average per year in the 14-16 range) than signing Pryor to a 1 year deal for about 5-8 million. 

If Wakins continues his trend of disappointment the Chiefs are still on the hook for a huge cap hit in 2019 (20 million). 

Pryor caught a grand total of 2 passes before 2016 when he went 77 for 1007 (mostly with mccown). Then he went to Washington and it didn't work at all. It's a little worrying that he couldn't excel with Cousins, but Watkins couldn't excel with Goff and the great Rams offense under McVey. 

I'm thinking the Chiefs paid a ton of cash because they assume the fit in LA wasn't right and  that they will use him differently/more efficiently. 

The Jets are probably thinking the same thing with Pryor. He was emerging in 2016 (in what was pretty much his rookie year) and then 2017 with the Skins was just a bad fit. 

I like the Jets signing of Pyror (assuming it happens) over the Watkins signing by the Chiefs. I'd still prefer Allen Robinson, but that ship as sailed. 

You can bash Macc for Hack and for a couple of other bad picks in the middle/late rounds, but Macc has shown a knack for getting good "bargains" on vets like Claiborne/Davis. Even McCown's contract last  year was well worth it based on his production (although you could argue that it was too good of a signing and cost us 3 2nd round picks....)

i rather have amari cooper next year :)

Archived