Jets Reportedly Agree to Terms With DL Xavier Cooper

JetNation

23 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Xavier Cooper was a solid, solid wavier wire pick up. Loved what he did down the stretch as a rotational guy. Really disrupted some plays. 

Good signing..now go lock down Kony Ealy and grab the Ex-Colt Jonathan Allen to start next to Leo.

Leo/Allen/Cooper/Ealy is a solid ass line up.

Is this Allen guy of whom you speak a former Crimson Tide star ?

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Crazy thing is the bust frequency should be even less for him as Mr. BAP. Expect it more when you're reaching in an endeavor to force-feed a position of need. 

True that. But the BAP mentality truly has backfired. Watson could have been plucked instead of Adams, Gurley instead of Big Cat (who I love though). And was Lee the smurf BAP at 20 in ‘17?  ??‍♂️

6 minutes ago, BigO said:

The lack of a pass rusher really hurt this DL. And the secondary wasn’t much help either. I’m sure many still grieve at what could have been.

You spend 1st round picks on defensive linemen and 3rd day picks on outside linebackers and you run a 34 defense .  Do you comprehend why you have no pass rush ?  Do you comprehend why you are a beast against the run but can't stop the passing game ? 

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

You spend 1st round picks on defensive linemen and 3rd day picks on outside linebackers and you run a 34 defense .  Do you comprehend why you have no pass rush ?  Do you comprehend why you are a beast against the run but can't stop the passing game ? 

Don’t tell me tell Mac.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Meant to say Jonathan Hankins. Recently cut from Indy because of scheme change. Top 20 DL-man

We sign him and it means we have to cut McLendon who this team needs in the locker room . 

The Jets need to use this draft to find a QB, the best pass rusher they can find even if he's from a small school  and some offensive linemen. That's why I would take 2 QBs from this draft and 2 edge rushers and 2 linemen with our 6 picks .

Just now, Tinstar said:

We sign him and it means we have to cut McLendon who this team needs in the locker room . 

The Jets need to use this draft to find a QB, the best pass rusher they can find even if he's from a small school  and some offensive linemen. That's why I would take 2 QBs from this draft and 2 edge rushers and 2 linemen with our 6 picks .

Why would we have to cut McLendon? Doesn’t McLendon play DT and Hankins plays DE.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

F*ck, meant Jonathan Hankins lmao. Sorry. But he is impressive and was only released due to scheme change..young player as well..could be a long term solution.

42E1B8A9-DAFA-4596-A264-C9D9C0981A6F.jpeg

Before you get a stiffy over PFF's player rankings, here's what PFF thinks of our $31 million CBs' play from last year

Trumaine Johnson

Buster Skrine

Morris Claiborne

Rounding out the rest of the secondary, at least we had a top-40 safety, at the mere cost of the #6 overall pick in the draft:

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Before you get a stiffy over PFF's player rankings, here's what PFF thinks of our $31 million CBs' play from last year

Trumaine Johnson

Buster Skrine

Morris Claiborne

Rounding out the rest of the secondary, at least we had a top-40 safety, at the mere cost of the #6 overall pick in the draft:

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye

Yeah but see I have actually seen our teams players in action, so PFF was honestly one of the only tools I have at my disposal to get an idea of how Hankins plays.

9 minutes ago, BigO said:

True that. But the BAP mentality truly has backfired. Watson could have been plucked instead of Adams, Gurley instead of Big Cat (who I love though). And was Lee the smurf BAP at 20 in ‘17?  ??‍♂️

No way. You see, Watson had a BAP rank of 14 on Macc's board, while Adams was way up at #2. No-brainer, really. That much of a discrepancy makes safety more important than QB. A year later it's only costing us the #6 overall pick and three 2nd round picks to draft the leftover 3rd QB this year. Oh yeah, almost forgot -- it also cost the fans a blatant tanking the 2017 NFL season. 

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Trumaine Johnson

Buster Skrine

Morris Claiborne

Jamal Adams

Marcus Maye

Johnson was #1 though in man / press coverage..!

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why would we have to cut McLendon? Doesn’t McLendon play DT and Hankins plays DE.

Hankins is a NT type  . The player the Jets need to chase after to play opposite Williams is Suh . He's a knuckle head, but he never slacks off and he bring it against the run or the pass .

41 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Looking back on the complaints of Macc taking Leo, THANK FREAKING GOD! Mo turned out to be a lazy fat azz waste of all our money & Sheldon was a loser off the field & playing next to Bennett in Seattle had all of 2 sacks! Wow, could you imagine this current Dline WITHOUT Leo? Macc had nothing to do with drafting Mo or Richardson. As a GM it's tough to let EVERYBODY WALK, the fan base would have been unmerciful if he let Mo walk. 

I didn't like the Mo signing (I always thought he lazy & played when he wanted to), but I don't blame Macc for trying to keep him, he was looked at as our best young player, and Richardson had the off field speeding with a teen in UP IN SMOKE moment. 

Jet fans kill Macc but this team had such bad draft picks, a barren cupboard, no QBs, literally no young talent other than Enunwa & even he got injured. If Macc drafts us a long term franchise QB on April 26th, it will usurp any mistakes he made in the past. 

Every new GM comes to town and thinks:  I can't believe that I am saddled with barren cupboard and a lazy DE that only plays when he wants to.  What should I do?  I know!  Let's give him 5 for $86M with $55M guaranteed!

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Xavier Cooper was a solid, solid wavier wire pick up. Loved what he did down the stretch as a rotational guy. Really disrupted some plays. 

Good signing..now go lock down Kony Ealy and grab the Ex-Colt Jonathan Allen to start next to Leo.

Leo/Allen/Cooper/Ealy is a solid ass line up.

edit

Archived