Another athlete opinion: Phil Simms would take Josh Allen #1

jetstream23

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, prime21 said:

Imagine 10+ years from now the stories about how the Browns, Giants and Jets passed on Hall Of Famer Josh Allen for guys that became journey men in the NFL. 

Meanwhile Allen lands in Buffalo, everyone initially laughs at them, and then Allen proceeds to drill it up our assh0les rain, sleet or snow for the next 15 years...

At least we’ll still have Baker’s “moxie” though...

1 minute ago, JiF said:

What are the odds that Phil Sims has seen 2 seconds of Josh Allen play football? 

Fcking rights. 

This thing is out of control. It's become Malcolm Gladwell "Tipping Point" material. There is absolutely, 100%, unequivocally zero grounds for taking Josh Allen over Darnold/Rosen. Even those that LIKE Allen would tell you the same thing. 

This is getting absurd -- and the person who's going to suffer the most from this? Josh Allen - who should be going into a low pressure situation like Pat Mahomes was afforded. This not going that direction right now. 

Just now, Untouchable said:

Meanwhile Allen lands in Buffalo, everyone initially laughs at them, and then Allen proceeds to drill it up our assh0les rain, sleet or snow for the next 15 years...

At least we’ll still have Baker’s “moxie” though...

Not gonna happen.  Allen is not that good.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Fcking rights. 

This thing is out of control. It's become Malcolm Gladwell "Tipping Point" material. There is absolutely, 100%, unequivocally zero grounds for taking Josh Allen over Darnold/Rosen. Even those that LIKE Allen would tell you the same thing. 

This is getting absurd -- and the person who's going to suffer the most from this? Josh Allen - who should be going into a low pressure situation like Pat Mahomes was afforded. This not going that direction right now. 

The Jets have Mccown/Bridgewater, the Browns have Tyrod Taylor and the Bills have AJ Mccarron. Whoever drafts Allen will not rush him. He will get the Mahomes treatment unless he develops faster than expected and his team is awful and he is given a shot late in the season.

I am pretty sure the other young Qbs will get similar treatment where they won't HAVE to start unless they show in camp they are ready like Wentz showed pretty early on in Philly. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Fcking rights. 

I always respect your opinions and posts so this is not a knock on you.  

Scouts, coaches and players are by no means perfect but there is enough of them saying that Allen is the best of the bunch.  I feel because he may not be the best out of the box QB, our impatience can't fathom him picked over any of the other 2 or 3 QB's.  

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Fcking rights. 

This board man...they are really trying to convince themselves that he is good just because they fear we will have to take him and in turn, not be so depressed.

this is disgustingly stupid.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

What does he know about scouting QBs?

Right. Just because a guy can play QB doesn’t mean he can see it in other’s if they can play or not. 

Jordan Palmer is one of the biggest after thoughts ever but now he is regarded as a “footwork/QB mechanics Guru”

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This board man...they are really trying to convince themselves that he is good just because they fear we will have to take him and in turn, not be so depressed.

no, whats "disgustingly stupid" is posters having enough conviction about a guy that they start thinking its fact. you can have an opinion, but realize...ITS FOR FUN...you (more than) likely don't know jack about jack when it comes to grading a QB.

Just now, prime21 said:

Scouts, coaches and players are by no means perfect but there is enough of them saying that Allen is the best of the bunch.  I feel because he may not be the best out of the box QB, our impatience can't fathom him picked over any of the other 2 or 3 QB's.  

It's more of a Hack-a-phobia than anything else. He reminds too many fans of Hack in the same way I am sure there are Browns fans that want no part of Mayfield because he reminds them of Manziel. 

No, Mayfield is not Manziel,  similarly Allen is not Hack. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t understand why it’s considered so batsh*t crazy that some of us prefer Allen over Mayfield.

I still firmly believe that Darnold and Rosen are the Top 2 guys...but after them? It gets a bit murky.

And if I’m gambling on the 3rd/4th guy in this class...yeah, give me the one with the insane upside over the one who is a shade over 6’0 and has shown a tendency to do dumb sh*t both on and off the football field.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I hope you're not referring to me.  I have Allen as my 4th QB behind Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield.

I'm simply sharing a link and the perspective of Phil Simms.

And don't worry, we still have 5 weeks of this stuff to go! :D 

15 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

His son Chris Simms Rankings:

1.) Lamar Jackson

2.) Josh Allen

3.) Baker Mayfield

4.) Sam Darnold

5.) Josh Rosen

http://www.danpatrick.com/2018/03/01/chris-simms-lamar-jackson-no-1-qb-draft/

Is Dan Patrick retarded? He said "Why is it we question his accuracy (Lamar Jackson) but not Josh Allen's, when Josh Allen's is lower?" News flash, Dan...EVERYONE is questioning Josh Allen's accuracy.

13 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I'm not convinced they are.

Or at least they weren't.. which is why i referenced Tipping Point. Draft media has fallen in love with him since DJ and a couple others pumped his stock last summer. The notion eventually caught fire, and became a legit storyline.

There was literally 0/1000 people talking about Allen in the top 10 last year when he was draft eligible. Then boom. He started playing worse and his stock soars. Think about the logic there.... the media has been fondling his nuts for some time, but the people getting paid to do this have not budged on the "ehh.... project" mentality. At least not until the last the few weeks. 

That's how people like Christian Ponder and Jake Locker -- And even Tannehill end up in the top 10. FOMO.... FEAR OF MISSING OUT. We're all human. 

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think many of convincing themselves he is good hoping browns take him. But Every Jet fan is going to jump up and cheer at the tv if browns or giants pick Allen lol.

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm not convinced they are.

Or at least they weren't.. which is why i referenced Tipping Point. Draft media has fallen in love with him since DJ and a couple others pumped his stock last summer. The notion eventually caught fire, and became a legit storyline.

There was literally 0/1000 people talking about Allen in the top 10 last year when he was draft eligible. Then boom. He started playing worse and his stock soars. Think about the logic there.... the media has been fondling his nuts for some time, but the people getting paid to do this have not budged on the "ehh.... project" mentality. At least not until the last the few weeks. 

That's how people like Christian Ponder and Jake Locker -- And even Tannehill end up in the top 10. FOMO.... FEAR OF MISSING OUT. We're all human. 

That's simply not true. 

These were the first 3 mock drafts for the 2018 Draft I found dating back to last April/May

Mcshay's mock draft from last May had Allen at 2: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/insider/story/_/id/19294111/todd-mcshay-way-too-early-2018-mock-draft-nfl-draft

Here's mock draft from last April had Allen at 6: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2018-nfl-mock-draft-the-way-too-early-two-round-projection-042917

Matt Miller's mock draft from last May had Allen at 2. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706876-2018-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-way-too-early-predictions

Talent evaluators, if anything, have been uber consistent in their feelings for Allen for well over a year now. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I think many of convincing themselves he is good hoping browns take him. But Every Jet fan is going to jump up and cheer at the tv if browns or giants pick Allen lol.

Not EVERY Jet fan. lol

Coach-Him-Up

That's the idea with Josh Allen.  He's a physical beast.  Some coaches, scouts and media folks like Phil Simms see a non-rapey Ben Roethlisberger.

Allen is big, has a cannon and is mobile. He's not a dick.  People think they can mold him into a QB because the measurables are great. 

Not saying that's a good way to evaluate, but that's obviously what's going on.  The choice in order would be Darnold, Rosen, Allen for me.

Archived