Adams on NFL Network

prime21

He just acknowledged that the trade was likely made to select a franchise qb. When asked which one we should pick he said “you guys are trying to get me in trouble”. Then they asked him questions about what his draft experience was like. 

2 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

He just acknowledged that the trade was likely made to select a franchise qb. When asked which one we should pick he said “you guys are trying to get me in trouble”. Then they asked him questions about what his draft experience was like. 

Woah. Finally a straight answer.

thanks, guy.

13 hours ago, Persiussa said:

Well you could argue that Hack and Petty won't be thrilled with that answer, but then you remember...who gives a sh*t about what some soon-to-be-ex-Jets think.

I'd just like to see him focus on padding his career INT total a bit this season.  

8 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Even though he can be a little over the top sometimes you have to give him props because the guy actually wants to be a Jet. 

Even though he could be a little over the top sometimes, you have to give Fredo props because the guy actually wanted to run the Corleone crime family.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Even though he could be a little over the top sometimes, you have to give Fredo props because the guy actually wanted to run the Corleone crime family.

LOL. One difference. Fredo looked like a pussy and wasn't a leader of men.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You know what has actually sucked about the Jets during many tenures-Is someone to be out in front and taking the heat and deflecting attention. On many teams, that is a necessary element and allows many other teammates to fall within their own comfort zone. In some cases it is the head coach. And that is not going to be Bowles' style. 

We should be glad that at least someone is taking that lead. Regardless of his play. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You know what has actually sucked about the Jets during many tenures-Is someone to be out in front and taking the heat and deflecting attention. On many teams, that is a necessary element and allows many other teammates to fall within their own comfort zone. In some cases it is the head coach. And that is not going to be Bowles' style. 

We should be glad that at least someone is taking that lead. Regardless of his play. 

“And with the sixth selection in the 2017 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...This Guy Who Will Readily Absord Blame For The Franchise’s Failures.”

<crowd goes wild>

55 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

If we are being honest I would be 100% more comfortable with Jamal picking our QB rather than Macc and Bowles. Those two donkeys are 0-2.

Jamal might got some of that beginners luck mojo. Certainly seems like a nice enough kid. 

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If we are being honest I would be 100% more comfortable with Jamal picking our QB rather than Macc and Bowles. Those two dinkeys are 0-2.

Jamal might got some of that beginners luck mojo. Certainly seems like a nice enough kid. 

agree. I would be okay with almost anyone else choosing. Heck just let Bates choose.

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“And with the sixth selection in the 2017 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...This Guy Who Will Readily Absord Blame For The Franchise’s Failures.”

<crowd goes wild>

Do you disagree that this franchise has needed more out front lightning rods? Can't tell if this is your JN court jester act, or real talk.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Do you disagree that this franchise has needed more out front lightning rods? Can't tell if this is your JN court jester act, or real talk.

I think in terms of organizational needs, “out front lightning rod” is deep, deep, deep down on the list. Especially when you’re citing it is the strength of the sixth overall pick in an NFL draft. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think in terms of organizational needs, “out front lightning rod” is deep, deep, deep down on the list. Especially when you’re citing it is the strength of the sixth overall pick in an NFL draft. 

I am not saying that is the reason that he was the #6 pick, nor that justifies his draft spot. I am saying that it fills a role on a ball club. Small? Yes. But necessary.

As much as I hated Rex Ryan, he took care of this for the team. He deflected attention to himself, which helped take some pressure off the players to have to be a media monkey. 

That helps. Is it huge? No. But the the Jets have had too many shrinking violets. And in this market, it is a necessity.

That is all. 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am not saying that is the reason that he was the #6 pick, nor that justifies his draft spot. I am saying that it fills a roll on a ball club. Small? Yes. But necessary.

As much as I hated Rex Ryan, he took care of this for the team. He deflected attention to himself, which helped take some pressure off the players to have to be a media monkey. 

That helps. Is it huge? No. But the the Jets have had too many shrinking violets. And in this market, it is a necessity.

That is all. 

Two things:

1. I’ve long advocated for having someone in the role that Pat Hanlon plays on the Giants. If you’re not familiar, Hanlon is the Giants’ PR fixer. He’s the guy that tells the media what to report if those reporters want to stay in good stead with the Giants hierarchy. It’s why the Giants players can get caught doing lines of coke on Instagram, it’s why those players can shoot themselves in the leg, it’s why the Giants can employ and cover for a wife-beating kicker and get away with it while still being treated like a first-class NFL franchise while the Jets are across town getting bullied by Manish Mehta. 

2. Jamal Adams isn’t the face of accountability on the team, nor is he the lightning rod. He’s a self-promoting, low-impact player who simply does a lot of interviews. Last year, after he gave up his sixth TD, he ran to find a camera so he can say he only really gave up three TDs. Adams seems like a nice dude and I hope he’s a solid, if unspectacular, player here for as long as we can sign him on the cheap, but I just don’t see how what he does with the media is in any way of service to anyone but himself.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Two things:

1. I’ve long advocated for having someone in the role that Pat Hanlon plays on the Giants. If you’re not familiar, Hanlon is the Giants’ PR fixer. He’s the guy that tells the media what to report if those reporters want to stay in good stead with the Giants hierarchy. It’s why the Giants players can get caught doing lines of coke on Instagram, it’s why those players can shoot themselves in the leg, it’s why the Giants can employ and cover for a wife-beating kicker and get away with it while still being treated like a first-class NFL franchise while the Jets are across town getting bullied by Manish Mehta. 

2. Jamal Adams isn’t the face of accountability on the team, nor is he the lightning rod. He’s a self-promoting, low-impact player who simply does a lot of interviews. Last year, after he gave up his sixth TD, he ran to find a camera so he can say he only really gave up three TDs. Adams seems like a nice dude and I hope he’s a solid, if unspectacular, player here for as long as we can sign him on the cheap, but I just don’t see how what he does with the media is in any way of service to anyone but himself.

I disagree. And that is fine.

Archived