What common thing bonds Jets fans together, despite all the angst?

SouthernJet

2 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

The hope that maybe one day our suffering would've been worth it.  We came close in 1998, 2009 and 2010.  2010 seems like a long time ago though.  The only thing saving me from pro sports suicidal depression is I'm also a Yankees fan.  I couldn't imagine being a Mets-Jets-Nets fan.  That's got to be ******* brutal.  

Mets, Jets, Knicks is no better.  My ship better come in soon.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Mutual and collective self-loathing combined with and a blue-collar working man's underdog mentality and chip on the shoulder.

Yuck. 

This is why I've never sat in the upper deck, ever. 

SAR I

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yuck. 

This is why I've never sat in the upper deck, ever. 

SAR I

Physiological gasses are heavier than air. Flatulence, urine and lord knows what else, is gravity's gift to those below.

The lower deck seats are literally stewing in these blue collar offerings.

Thats why the genuinely rich watch the game from the controlled environment of luxury boxes. 

I'm from Iowa. I grew up in a town the size of an NYC neighborhood. I've never been to a Jets Home game.  I tend to be optimist. The only reason I started liking the Jets as a kid was because my favorite color is green.

What I'm trying to say is I don't think I have a lot in common with most Jets fans.  That's why I like it here.  Way different set of eyes.

Archived