Let's Ask another way, Which QB would you NOT want to get at 3

Jetstream

Let's Ask another way, Which QB would you NOT want to get at 3?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Staying at 3 and ANY of these 4 QB's are still available, who's your Least Favorite?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allen would be my least favorite.  Obviously hearing about the accuracy issues is a major concern but at the same time I'd love to see the adjusted percentage after factoring the drops.  Also playing on Wyoming I'd assume that his offensive line wasn't as good as the USCs and Oklahomas of the world but he was also playing against inferior defenses.

The percentage is what it is though.  It's 56.2%.  That scares me and I'm not willing to waste the #3 pick overall on finding out and hoping that he improves on that number.  Give me one of the other guys who don't have accuracy issues and can improve and focus on other things.  He can also very well turn out to be the next Carson Wentz.  The #3 pick just isn't the spot to take that chance given our franchise's current situation.

I really dont want Allen or Mayfield. after giving all that up.  I would have been fine with Baker at #6 and while I'll hate what we gave up, I could at least live with Mayfield at #3. 

I will murder everyone at Florham Park if they take Allen. 

It's a tough question. Though I really wouldn't want to take Allen, I also dont trust USC QB's. 

I picked Darnold. If I had to decide between taking an obvious raw talent that isnt ready now but is a developmental project or a USC QB, im going the developmental route. 

Bottomline, I would be comfortable with Mayfield then Rosen. 

This is one confusing QB draft year for sure. Any one of these guys could end up being spectacular no matter the personal opinion.

Allen is the scariest prospect. I don't think he is ready for the NFL. But he is intriguing b/c of his ceiling. Size, big arm, ability to move out of the pocket. 

Rosen is the safest prospect as far as being ready for the NFL. But there are injury concerns. And he is a prototypical pocket QB with not much else to offer (but hey, so is Tom Brady). 

Mayfield is the biggest wild card. He is a prospect who is ready now but it's truly anyone's guess whether or not he will be successful in the NFL. He could be Johnny Manziel 2.0 or Russel Wilson 2.0...I generalizing but you know what I mean. 

Darnold is the prototypical QB who should be ready for the NFL and have the measurables/ceiling you look for in a top QB prospect. But his stock has fallen since last year. I'm not quite sure why. Personally, I am not too concerned with his INTs or him not throwing at the combine. Darnold is still my top guy. If the Jets have a shot at Darnold (Browns take another QB and Giants take Barkley- for example) they should run to the podium. JMHO. 

The one guy I would want to avoid is Allen. I don't want a project drafted by a team that doesn't know how to develop a project. A team that just gave up a bunch of draft picks and filled the holes on their roster with FAs rather than through the draft. 

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen, Jackson, Rudolph. In that order. And it's been that way for me for some time now.    

28 minutes ago, Jetstream said:

The only thing about Allen...ALL the retired Pro QB's seem to love him...

Whoooo caaaaareeeees

These guys got hit by 300 pounders wearing hard helmets for a living. Assume that takes it's toll on everyone but Elway, who is a Greek god.

So now this prediction is floating around....

mock_draft_nfl_2018_2.0.jpg

EDIT:  I can't get past Allen's goofy face.  He's now 7th on my QB list.  Having him stand next to Todd Bowles at a press conference and realizing those two were leading the team might force me to abandon Football and buy season tickets to Curling.

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Whoooo caaaaareeeees

These guys got hit by 300 pounders wearing hard helmets for a living. Assume that takes it's toll on everyone but Elway, who is a Greek god.

Elway horse face can't stand his ******* face

Mayfield: easily the most exciting prospect only knock is hes only 6 foot.

Allen; Inaccuracy worries me a lot because that's all we have dealt with here for the past 9 years and we've had enough of that crap

Rosen; Easily the most polished of the bunch

Darnold: Can't stand looking at his delivery it screams of shoulder problems at some point and he turns the ball over at an alarming rate

I would like for the Jets to draft either Rosen or Mayfield preferably Rosen

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Asking this question another way: which QB is most likely to be ruined by Maccagnan and Bowles being awful at their jobs?

This should be asked. 

I think most likely ruined Mayfield with his Heisman trophy on his left hand.

I heard someone on NFL Network last night (forget who) say that it's human nature to go opposite when you've had a bad experience with someone or something.  Similar to how the uptight, rigid Mangini who couldn't relate to players was replaced by the loose, slapd!ck Rex Ryan.  People tend to take a different direction when making a change.  The point was that after drafting Petty and particularly Hackenberg, then trying to develop these guys who have strong arms but accuracy and decision-making issues, the Jets do not want to draft a guy that is another project.  "Why would the Jets take a slightly bigger, stronger, better version of Hackenberg in a Josh Allen who has the same accuracy concerns and may need development time?"  The take was that the Jets will go in the opposite direction, taking the most Pro ready guy who has shown decision-making and accuracy prowess.  The arms on all 4 of the top prospects are very good, a couple might be great, but they're all NFL arms.....so take the guy who you're comfortable with in the other areas.

I thought it was a very good point.  Will the Jets try to do the same thing again (Draft an arm, a physically gifted guy and hope he'll fix his accuracy and decision-making) and expect a different result?

Bp39zN1IEAAuDlW.jpg

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I heard someone on NFL Network last night (forget who) say that it's human nature to go opposite when you've had a bad experience with someone or something.  Similar to how the uptight, rigid Mangini who couldn't relate to players was replaced by the loose, slapd!ck Rex Ryan.  People tend to take a different direction when making a change.  The point was that after drafting Petty and particularly Hackenberg, then trying to develop these guys who have strong arms but accuracy and decision-making issues, the Jets do not want to draft a guy that is another project.  "Why would the Jets take a slightly bigger, stronger, better version of Hackenberg in a Josh Allen who has the same accuracy concerns and may need development time?"  The take was that the Jets will go in the opposite direction, taking the most Pro ready guy who has shown decision-making and accuracy prowess.  The arms on all 4 of the top prospects are very good, a couple might be great, but they're all NFL arms.....so take the guy who you're comfortable with in the other areas.

I thought it was a very good point.  Will the Jets try to do the same thing again (Draft an arm, a physically gifted guy and hope he'll fix his accuracy and decision-making) and expect a different result?

Bp39zN1IEAAuDlW.jpg

Who made this point? Who at the NFLN actually knows something about the Jets? 

Archived