Let's Ask another way, Which QB would you NOT want to get at 3

Jetstream

Let's Ask another way, Which QB would you NOT want to get at 3?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Staying at 3 and ANY of these 4 QB's are still available, who's your Least Favorite?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Asking this question another way: which QB is most likely to be ruined by Maccagnan and Bowles being awful at their jobs?

What? In many NFL circles, Todd Bowles is thought of as the modern day, black, Bill Walsh. I guess your not in those circles.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Mayfield

If you trade multiple picks to move up into the Top 3...go big or go home.

Why the hell would we trade up for the QB with the least upside among the Top 4, who has maturity issues to boot?

So you would rather gamble on qbs than go with the closest guy to a sure thing ? Sure we all love a big tall qb Who throws hard. He could be the next Paxton Lynch or jay cutler. Darnold the turnover machine, Rosen the concussions and rumors of lack of desire for game ? Mayfield has just continued to get better and better. While others have seemed to regress. Like hackenberg did at penn state.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Thai. Thai. I keep it real, bro.

In your own head . Once Macc drafts a QB what does he have to do about developing him? That's pretty much up to the coaching staff I would think.  You seem just negative on everything to do with the Jets. No matter what they do or will do they're wrong.  

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

What? In many NFL circles, Todd Bowles is thought of as the modern day, black, Bill Walsh. I guess your not in those circles.

Assuming this circle congregates in local diners at mid-day in rural towns along the Rust Belt to sip coffee and compare notes on mesothelioma.

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

See, I think the opposite. Mayfield would be impervious to Jets ****ery. Dude is Captain YOLO.

Totally agree. IMO, this is why Rosen and Mayfield are my guys. Rosen seems like he's good to go and will succeed anyway and Mayfield feels like he's going to will himself into being good anywhere.

Darnold seems like he needs the right system. Give him to Andy Reid and the kid is a stud. On the Browns or Jets? Turnover machine.

Allen feels like he'll be a failure anywhere.

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

So you would rather gamble on qbs than go with the closest guy to a sure thing ? Sure we all love a big tall qb Who throws hard. He could be the next Paxton Lynch or jay cutler. Darnold the turnover machine, Rosen the concussions and rumors of lack of desire for game ? Mayfield has just continued to get better and better. While others have seemed to regress. Like hackenberg did at penn state.

How exactly is Mayfield the “surest thing” among these QB’s?

Just now, Thai Jet said:

In your own head . Once Macc drafts a QB what does he have to do about developing him? That's pretty much up to the coaching staff I would think.  You seem just negative on everything to do with the Jets. No matter what they do or will do they're wrong.  

Macc: “Whoa I just got you these safeties and Josh Allen. My work here is done.”

2 minutes ago, stoicsentry said:

It's tough not to pick Allen, but damn, Rosen really worries me.

The combination of injury concerns + commitment to the game concerns + being on the Jets scares the hell out of me. Surely one of those 3 things will ruin him.

I've said it here before.....I can see Rosen just sayin "Nah I'm done" and going AWOL during some mid season.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Asking this question another way: which QB is most likely to be ruined by Maccagnan and Bowles being awful at their jobs?

Asking yet another way from a guy who can't stand Bowles ...Has Todd Bowles actually had a QB to ruin yet ?

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who made this point? Who at the NFLN actually knows something about the Jets? 

Nostradamus actually said this 500 years ago in reference to the Jets. Einstein stole the Quote

Bp39zN1IEAAuDlW.jpg

The Jets moved up to Draft Barkley and still intend to give Hackenburg a shot sometime in the next 10 years

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

How exactly is Mayfield the “surest thing” among these QB’s?

I just gave examples why. Why is darnold suddenly a turnover machine his senior yr? If he turns ball over that rate in college imagine how Many more picks pros would get off him ? Maybe he can turn it around. 

Rosen is most pro ready, but his concussion past has to be worry. Especially being the son of a successful doc. Combine that with some of his comments about creating his own business after football. “ Football and school don’t mix.” Just seems like a kid who isn’t going to stay around long. Especially behind a very bad OL where he will get his head rung. 

Allen. He is a true wildcard. Much like hackenberg. Needs to improve footwork, decision making, and definitely accuracy. Being able to do all that is certainly not a given as we have seen with other projects.

mayfield is the surest thing. He has been by far the most consistent with 4 Strong yrs. switching programs and forced to take a yr off he did not skip a beat. He threw a ton more yards than the others, yet has much less turnovers. His footwork, throwing deliver/motion is all there. Total field Vision and accuracy to put balls where only receivers can get puts him in rare qb bread. He can sling it or drop it in. Allen cannot. Kid is a biggest competitor out of the 4. If he was 3 inches taller there wouldn’t even be a question who would go number 1. 

21 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I just gave examples why. Why is darnold suddenly a turnover machine his senior yr? If he turns ball over that rate in college imagine how Many more picks pros would get off him ? Maybe he can turn it around. 

Rosen is most pro ready, but his concussion past has to be worry. Especially being the son of a successful doc. Combine that with some of his comments about creating his own business after football. “ Football and school don’t mix.” Just seems like a kid who isn’t going to stay around long. Especially behind a very bad OL where he will get his head rung. 

Allen. He is a true wildcard. Much like hackenberg. Needs to improve footwork, decision making, and definitely accuracy. Being able to do all that is certainly not a given as we have seen with other projects.

mayfield is the surest thing. He has been by far the most consistent with 4 Strong yrs. switching programs and forced to take a yr off he did not skip a beat. He threw a ton more yards than the others, yet has much less turnovers. His footwork, throwing deliver/motion is all there. Total field Vision and accuracy to put balls where only receivers can get puts him in rare qb bread. He can sling it or drop it in. Allen cannot. Kid is a biggest competitor out of the 4. If he was 3 inches taller there wouldn’t even be a question who would go number 1. 

Mayfield played in a simplified offense where he rarely had to throw the ball more than 8 yards past the LoS. That’s a concern.

Mayfield is a shade over 6’0...that’s a concern. No amount of “bah bah but Drew Brees and Russell Wilson!” will change that.

Mayfield has shown that he can be an immature jackass both on the field and off. That’s a legitimate concern.

Mayfield is a Big 12 QB who feasted on sh*t Big 12 defenses. Go look at the list of Big 12 QB’s who have successfully transitioned to the NFL...that’s a legitimate concern.

Mayfield is by no means the “surest” QB in the draft. Hell, just 3-4 months ago the kid was considered a 2nd rounder. Now he’s the best QB in the draft according to some. Not buying it at all.

Darnold and Rosen are still the Top 2 guys, hands down. Both Allen and Mayfield are total tossups. And if I’m gambling on a tossup at #3, give me the kid who’s 6’5 240 and can throw a 60 yard TD on a frozen rope in the middle of a f*cking hurricane. Not the shrimp with maturity concerns.

35 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I'm with you here. I think Mayfield is the safest pick, particularly for NY, largely because of his infectiously enthusiastic personality. He completes a lot of passes, too, which is nice. I think he's the guy most likely to be a good to very good QB at least. The rest of these guys are all boom or bust, IMHO. 

Darnold concerns me because he wilted in the year that teams were supposed to be racing to the bottom to draft him. How does that mental fortitude hold up as a NYJ? The turnovers are very concerning, not just the picks but the fumbles (butt fumbles!). Does he improve in that category moving from southern California to the NE? Uh...

People hate on Allen here. A lot. And I get it, the lack of production is concerning. But his natural physical gifts are also really impossible to ignore. He's the boomiest and bustiest of the entire class. I hope Cleveland takes him #1 overall to save Mac from himself. NY is not the place for him. 

I voted Rosen. If the Jets draft him, I'll root like hell for him. He is, after all, The Rosen One. But with Josh, it's his head that concerns me. The concussion history concerns me. The unconventional personality concerns me. Reading reports that his teammates didn't like him and his high school coach had not so nice things to say about him concerns me. He's probably the smartest of the bunch, which is great, but he comes across as a kid who knows he's the smartest of the bunch. Coming here (or maybe anywhere) he would definitely think he was smarter than his coaches. He'd scare me here. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Marino, Elway and countless others also love Mayfield. These guys were big talents...it doesn’t speak much for someone’s talent evaluations skills though.

As opposed to our talent evaluators at JN. LOL. Yeah, they only played the position at the highest level. What do they know about what makes a great QB.

I played tennis at a high level back in the day and I can tell you I can see things when I watch that no one who has never played would even think to look for. Their opinions most definitely matter. The question is: what are they seeing that makes them excited/convinced that someone with Allen's pedestrian stats is going to be a big time QB? It's obviously more than arm strength. I'm guessing that most are isolating out his best throws and are aware that he's doing something that is above any other prospect. Allen at his best -- outstanding; Allen at his worst -- baffling. That's precisely the problem with evaluation through stats. It's a fool's errand without context and detail.

Drafting a 6ft QB that came from a spread offense at #3?  His NFL QB comparison is Doug Flutie link.  Seriously?  Why would we do that?  No way I'm taking a gamble on that.  I'd rather go with Allen and let him sit for a year if we can't get Darnold or Rosen.

7 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm with you here. I think Mayfield is the safest pick, particularly for NY, largely because of his infectiously enthusiastic personality. He completes a lot of passes, too, which is nice. I think he's the guy most likely to be a good to very good QB at least. The rest of these guys are all boom or bust, IMHO. 

Darnold concerns me because he wilted in the year that teams were supposed to be racing to the bottom to draft him. How does that mental fortitude hold up as a NYJ? The turnovers are very concerning, not just the picks but the fumbles (butt fumbles!). Does he improve in that category moving from southern California to the NE? Uh...

People hate on Allen here. A lot. And I get it, the lack of production is concerning. But his natural physical gifts are also really impossible to ignore. He's the boomiest and bustiest of the entire class. I hope Cleveland takes him #1 overall to save Mac from himself. NY is not the place for him. 

I voted Rosen. If the Jets draft him, I'll root like hell for him. He is, after all, The Rosen One. But with Josh, it's his head that concerns me. The concussion history concerns me. The unconventional personality concerns me. Reading reports that his teammates didn't like him and his high school coach had not so nice things to say about him concerns me. He's probably the smartest of the bunch, which is great, but he comes across as a kid who knows he's the smartest of the bunch. Coming here (or maybe anywhere) he would definitely think he was smarter than his coaches. He'd scare me here. 

You have an intelligent impartial view on all 4, which is very rare apparently ha.  I think we all can agree, we have never seen 4 qbs that were so different. Picking their draft order and when is probably harder than picking a perfect bracket for NCAA bb torny ha. 

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Mayfield

If you trade multiple picks to move up into the Top 3...go big or go home.

Why the hell would we trade up for the QB with the least upside among the Top 4, who has maturity issues to boot?

I hope you will be okay with it when he is a 6 foot immature star for us who leads us to the playoffs every year.

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

I've said it here before.....I can see Rosen just sayin "Nah I'm done" and going AWOL during some mid season.

Yeah, so the way it would work is that he would light it up for 8 weeks, throwing like 22 touchdowns to 3 picks during that time. And then he would leave. That would be the most Jets thing ever.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I hope you will be okay with it when he is an 6 foot immature star for us who leads us to the playoffs every year.

Why the hell would I root against him?

If the Jets take him, I’ll hope for the best.

Can most say the same about Allen? The pissing and moaning will be unbearable...over a guy who clearly has the most upside of any of these QB’s.

The great thing about this years draft is you CANNOT be upset by who we pick.  We are getting a QB!  A potential franchise QB!

It might not be the guy you prefer, but none of us will have a clue which guy will be good or bad.

Now if we take a position other then qb, then its a disaster.  But this is the 1st time in a long time that we can be extremely happy w/ our draft pick as long as it is one of the top 4 qbs.  Enjoy the ride!

22 minutes ago, stoicsentry said:

Yeah, so the way it would work is that he would light it up for 8 weeks, throwing like 22 touchdowns to 3 picks during that time. And then he would leave. That would be the most Jets thing ever.

Don"t read into my post. Did I say he would be with the Jets? Did I say his 1st year?

52 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why the hell would I root against him?

If the Jets take him, I’ll hope for the best.

Can most say the same about Allen? The pissing and moaning will be unbearable...over a guy who clearly has the most upside of any of these QB’s.

As Parcells said, potential just means you haven't done anything yet.  I will root for him but I will definitely go through a mourning period if they pick him.  

I picked Rosen.

Just too big of an injury risk to waste such an important pick. - plus a guy like that can waste 5 or 6 year hoping he stays/gets healty - if someone else fails we can figure it out in 2 or 3 years and move on.

I just can't imagine he playing 16 games a year for a decade.

Archived