Let's Ask another way, Which QB would you NOT want to get at 3

Jetstream

Let's Ask another way, Which QB would you NOT want to get at 3?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Staying at 3 and ANY of these 4 QB's are still available, who's your Least Favorite?

19 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Mayflower or Allen 

It’s likely Mayflower won’t be able to handle losing and the NY media and Allen is a risk all around but with a higher ceiling. 

Funny you mention this Mick. They were interviewing Ryan Totalbust Leaf last week and he voice the same concerns about Mayflower errr Mayfield. How will he handle things when they go South and the media gets on you ? Leaf had legit concerns about this after talking with Mayfield.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Funny you mention this Mick. They were interviewing Ryan Totalbust Leaf last week and he voice the same concerns about Mayflower errr Mayfield. How will he handle things when they go South and the media gets on you ? Leaf had legit concerns about this after talking with Mayfield.

Mayflower reminds me of the rich white kid from the suburbs that went to the best football camps and was surrounded by good teams so he always had an advantage. In the nfl this isn’t any advantage unless you’re the Patriots and cheat. 

Mayflower reminds me of the rich white kid from the suburbs that went to the best football camps and was surrounded by good teams so he always had an advantage. In the nfl this isn’t any advantage unless you’re the Patriots and cheat. 

All his teammates at Oklahoma loved him, doesn’t seem like that would be the case if he were an overrated rich kid.

http:// http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/article187098848.html

15 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

All his teammates at Oklahoma loved him, doesn’t seem like that would be the case if he were an overrated rich kid.

http:// http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/article187098848.html

It’s easy to like someone when they’re doing well and everyone loves him. Wait till he’s getting destroyed by the fans (social media), the NY media and players for having bad games. I don’t think he’ll deal with it well. 

On 3/21/2018 at 9:23 AM, Untouchable said:

Mayfield

If you trade multiple picks to move up into the Top 3...go big or go home.

Why the hell would we trade up for the QB with the least upside among the Top 4?

lulz, least upside?! Why would you trade up for a guy who checks every box for a project? 

Lets see arm strength, Mayfield is right behind Allen and ahead of the rest... so this is about height? You're advocating to ignore mechanics, footwork, decision making, accuracy -- all in the name 20 lbs and 3 inches? 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

lulz, least upside?! Why would you trade up for a guy who is fits every imaginable profile checkmark for a QB project? 

Lets see arm talent, Mayfield is right behind Allen and ahead of the rest... so this is about height? You're advocating to ignore mechanics, footwork, decision making, accuracy -- all in the name 20 lbs and 3 inches? 

Who out there believes that Mayfield has a higher ceiling than Darnold, Rosen or Allen?

I sure as hell don’t. You could even make a strong argument that Jackson has more overall potential. All of these guys in the Top 4 have their warts, but Mayfield has the most.

From the stature, to the maturity concerns (which are a big red flag, regardless of what his biggest supporters seem to believe), to having to make the transition from an utterly basic offensive system to a pro offense with tons of different concepts and verbiage.

I don’t think Mayfield is going to go the way of Manziel. He’s certainly a much more polished passer. But trying to drunkenly run from the cops, grabbing your dick and sh*t-talking the opposing team...that’s sure as hell Manziel-esque.

3/4 of this fanbase may want nothing to do with Allen, but to deny his upside is just dumb. If he hits, you basically have a Big Ben/Cam hybrid leading your team for the next 15 years barring injury.

Mayfield isn’t the next Drew Brees. Realistically, his ceiling is comparable to a Jeff Garcia. Good QB, but one that I want to hitch my wagon to for the next decade? Not really. But if the Jets end up taking him...oh well. Just have to hope for the best and that he isn’t a complete jackass instead of just a “dumb college kid” who will put that stuff behind him.

Love the logic in this debate... BAKER MAYFIELD vs JOSH ALLEN

Mayfield:

• Better accuracy
  • Better ball placement
  • Better touch and timing
  • Better 3rd down conversion
  • Played in a better conference
  • Won more meaningful games
  • Played with better playmakers -- but also against better defenses
  • Better feel for the game, makes quick decisions, keeps eyes downfield

Allen: 

• Taller
  • Bigger Hands
  • Bigger Arm
  • Measurables?

Winner: Josh Allen

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Who out there believes that Mayfield has a higher ceiling than Darnold, Rosen or Allen?

I sure as hell don’t. You could even make a strong argument that Jackson has more overall potential. All of these guys in the Top 4 have their warts, but Mayfield has the most.

From the stature, to the maturity concerns (which are a big red flag, regardless of what his biggest supporters seem to believe), to having to make the transition from an utterly basic offensive system to a pro offense with tons of different concepts and verbiage.

I don’t think Mayfield is going to go the way of Manziel. He’s certainly a much more polished passer. But trying to drunkenly run from the cops, grabbing your dick and sh*t-talking the opposing team...that’s sure as hell Manziel-esque.

3/4 of this fanbase may want nothing to do with Allen, but to deny his upside is just dumb. If he hits, you basically have a Big Ben/Cam hybrid leading your team for the next 15 years barring injury.

Mayfield isn’t the next Drew Brees. Realistically, his ceiling is comparable to a Jeff Garcia. Good QB, but one that I want to hitch my wagon to for the next decade? Not really. But if the Jets end up taking him...oh well. Just have to hope for the best and that he isn’t a complete jackass instead of just a “dumb college kid” who will put that stuff behind him.

Drew Brees vs Cam Newton. That's the ceiling -- not big ben. Sam Darnold is big Ben....

So more appropriately worded -- who out there would pick cam newton over drew brees?

I don't think you've watched enough Mayfield. 

Drew Brees vs Cam Newton. That's the ceiling -- not big ben. Sam Darnold is big Ben....

So out there would pick cam newton over drew brees?

I don't think you've watched enough Mayfield. 

Let’s just say Mayfield’s upside IS Drew Brees (which I don’t really buy at all)...

Drew Brees wouldn’t even be Drew Brees if he didn’t hook up with a renowned offensive guru like Payton and play in a dome at least 9 games a season for the last 12 years.

Drew Brees with a defensive minded coach and playing out in the elements at MetLife/Foxboro/Buffalo in November/December/January? 

You’d probably have Case Keenum on your hands.

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Let’s just say Mayfield’s upside IS Drew Brees (which I don’t really buy at all)...

You’d probably have Case Keenum on your hands.

You're reducing Brees to Keenum without Payton?  ahhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

Have you watched ESPN docu's on his throwing mechanics and accuracy? He's a beast.

AND he was a beast his last 2 years in SD. Pre-Payton.

C'mon. You're reducing Brees to Keenum without Payton?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh no. Have you watched ESPN docu's on his throwing mechanics and accuracy? He's a beast.

AND he was a beast his last 2 years in SD. Pre-Payton.

It’s been proven time and time again that Brees is a different QB away from a dome. Hell, those Saints teams as a whole go from damn near unbeatable in the Superdome to straight up mediocre on the road playing outside in the latter months of the season.

Mayfield may very well turn out to be a franchise QB. I don’t despise him. I’ve said repeatedly, just get me one of the Top 4 guys and I’m golden.

But I would absolutely prefer Allen if both Darnold and Rosen are off the board at #3.

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It’s been proven time and time again that Brees is a different QB away from a dome. Hell, those Saints teams as a whole go from damn near unbeatable in the Superdome to straight up mediocre on the road playing outside in the latter months of the season.

Mayfield may very well turn out to be a franchise QB. I don’t despise him. I’ve said repeatedly, just get me one of the Top 4 guys and I’m golden.

But I would absolutely prefer Allen if both Darnold and Rosen are off the board at #3.

Well lets both hope that it doesn't come to that, cause i think we can all agree that a healthy Rosen is the Chosen one. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

lulz, least upside?! Why would you trade up for a guy who checks every box for a project? 

Lets see arm strength, Mayfield is right behind Allen and ahead of the rest... so this is about height? You're advocating to ignore mechanics, footwork, decision making, accuracy -- all in the name 20 lbs and 3 inches? 

I feel like I've said something like this to a woman before.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Hot take of the day:

Bills trade up to #2: pick Rosen

Jets at #3: pick Allen

Dolphins trade up to #4: pick Mayfield

*Find nice fitting pair of sunglasses, sit back, watch world burn

Would certainly make the next few seasons interesting, at least.

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I feel like I've said something like this to a woman before.

Women are like NFL scouts. They prefer the tall guys with potential but all the poor traits of a Josh Allen. I can confirm as a tall obnoxious a$$hole. It's always a bust after they realize it's too late to fix my mechanics, poor footwork and decision making despite all their coaching.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Well lets both hope that it doesn't come to that, cause i think we can all agree that a healthy Rosen is the Chosen one. 

Agreed

I may be a bit concerned about the injuries and personality stuff but I sure as sh*t would take him if he’s there at #3.

Archived