Jets Workouts

C Mart

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Where are Campbell’s times? NFL.com doesn’t have them. Granted, they suck.

I pulled them from the SPARQ site. 

ampbell DB04 CB Penn State 22.8 6006 195 139.8 2.2 98.6 Campbell 6006 195 33.5 8.75 79 4.55 2.58 1.5 4.18 6.77 14 41 11.25

He has the wingspan and his jumps are awesome.  Didn't time crazy fast, but his cone and shuttle times are pretty decent. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I pulled them from the SPARQ site. 

ampbell DB04 CB Penn State 22.8 6006 195 139.8 2.2 98.6 Campbell 6006 195 33.5 8.75 79 4.55 2.58 1.5 4.18 6.77 14 41 11.25

He has the wingspan and his jumps are awesome.  Didn't time crazy fast, but his cone and shuttle times are pretty decent. 

Thanks. Given the size and positive stuff from the Senior Bowl, I was surprised to see him projected so low, and now with these scores I can’t imagine he gets out of the third round.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Thanks. Given the size and positive stuff from the Senior Bowl, I was surprised to see him projected so low, and now with these scores I can’t imagine he gets out of the third round.

I was watching some video of Tanner Lee ( another Hackenberg-ish prototypical pro-style QB with strong arm horrible college numbers) and the Penn State secondary seemed horrific.  They have the top SPARQ guy at S in Troy Apke who is much faster with a 40+ vertical and almost hits an 11' broad and they still suck.  At least these athletes are usually good on specials. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I was watching some video of Tanner Lee ( another Hackenberg-ish prototypical pro-style QB with strong arm horrible college numbers) and the Penn State secondary seemed horrific.  They have the top SPARQ guy at S in Troy Apke who is much faster with a 40+ vertical and almost hits an 11' broad and they still suck.  At least these athletes are usually good on specials. 

Well, there’s no test for sucking at defense now is there

25 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Meh, a complimentary back at best.  A bruiser.  He can break some tackles and probably be a decent short yardage/goalline back but I dont really see him as bell cow type of back you'll rely on.  He was getting out played by a true freshman.  

Great player to pair with Saquon Barkley since whatever team drafts him will need to pair him with a short yardage back. 

FYI. 

Greg Gabriel (@greggabe)

4/11/18, 9:12 AM

Why do some analysts refer to player visits as “top 30”. Has nothing to do with best players. Some of the visits are UDFA’s that the club needs a medical on. Visits vary from club to club on how they are used

Draft Analyst (@DraftAnalyst1)

4/12/18, 11:30 AM

Sleeper defensive lineman Jullian Taylor of Temple took an official visit to see the Cleveland Browns & Seattle Seahawks already this week. Visiting the NY Jets tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/329Ojh9fOV

Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline)

4/12/18, 11:32 AM

Keep an eye on Taylor. We presently grade him as a 6th round prospect and will have his scouting report up next week draftanalyst.com/ranking?positi… twitter.com/DraftAnalyst1/…

Jullian Taylor, a player not graded by scouts coming into the year, displayed next-level athleticism during the pro day," wrote Pauline. "Taylor measured 6-foot-4-inches and 295 pounds. He timed as fast as 4.83 in the 40, completed 31 reps on the bench press and touched 33 inches in the vertical jump. He then put that athleticism on display during position drills."

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

@C Mart have you been surprised at the lack of 3rd to 4th round prospects the Jets have worked out? It seems like they have looked at the top QBs and late round guys.  

Agree....I cant find as much info on workouts/visits as in the past..seems media are only focusing on the QBs and as you said the 6-7-udfa guys (which no doubt are coming from the players agent to get their names out there).

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

Agree....I cant find as much info on workouts/visits as in the past..seems media are only focusing on the QBs and as you said the 6-7-udfa guys (which no doubt are coming from the players agent to get their names out there).

Exactly, yet some of these "draft experts" keep hearing that the Jets are in love with Mayfield. We can't even figure out who the team is actually working out because of how tight lipped they are. 

Archived