How confident are you that the Jets will pick a franchise QB?

NIGHT STALKER

3 hours ago, NoBowles said:

picking and developing are two different things.

I am confident they will pick someone with the ability to be a franchise QB.

I am highly skeptical that Bowles and co. will develop them properly. Can we even keep an OC and system in place 2 years in a row?

This is why i think matfield is the safest and most compatiple pick for the jets.

i can see him doing his thing, making completions, DESPITE bowles

4 hours ago, dcJet said:

If all four QB's turn out to be Franchise guys, we have 100% chance of picking the right one!

That isn't true. The guy that we pick could get a redshirt year. Then sit behind Teddy for 3 more years. Then he goes on to be a franchise for another franchise.

All 4 guys were franchise guys. Just not for the franchise that drafted them.

To recap, the bus stopped 8 times and the bus drivers name is Bob.

:)

Who knows? I just know they will be picking one? I don't profess to be right about what QB to take, I just think Baker Mayfield gives us our best chance at a franchise QB. I've heard all the crap about his height and his attitude. It means nothing to me.

It could very well wind up that 3 out of the 4 AFC East teams could pick 3 out of 4 of the top QB's being mentioned...knowing the Jets history, it wouldn't surprise me if we picked the bust. Hate to be negative on this, but there is nothing since 1969 that makes me think we'll strike gold.

I’m confident that whining about it on a post like this won’t solve anything. Have faith. We didnt trade up to third to draft a guard.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 3/21/2018 at 7:37 PM, SayNoToDMC said:

Basically zero belief they currently have the right one picked out. Possible though the Bills trade up and with the Browns picking at one they can pick the wrong ones before us.

On 3/21/2018 at 7:47 PM, dcJet said:

If all four QB's turn out to be Franchise guys, we have 100% chance of picking the right one!

Better lucky than good.

-Big Mac

This draft is set up perfectly.  Giants take Rosen and go on winning 5 SBs in the next 15 years and the guy the Jets draft with the very next pick will end up being a trivia question because he’ll bust out and be long forgotten ten years from now.

Lesson to be learned by all hard headed coaches. Tanking is real and not tanking has real consequences.

So to all the fans that were so adamant about the importance of winning games, we can be reminded that the difference between the Jets picking 2 and picking 6, was two wins.

29 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

returns to form ? What form 15td's and 13 ints ?

Actually, he’s never thrown more that 14 TDs in a season.  Hell Sanchez was better than that.  I’d venture to guess that Brooks Bollinger (7 TD passes in 9 starts) could equal that.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:33 PM, BigRy56 said:

I am confident that, in this year, the QBs are that good. The Jets will do well no matter who we pick.

Yeah, pretty much my sentiments as welll. And I'm fine with Allen. He's already shown improvement in his footwork with coaching. The guy will be a beast, but will need more time than Rosen or perhaps Darnold (he's got some work to do as well for different reasons). I get the development concerns re the Jets. They have shown no aptitude for picking or shepherding QB's up to now.

I’m confident he will. He gets to pick 3, not some 2nd rounder or 4th round guy and his job depends on the outcome and he knows it. Mac has seen more of these guys then any of and with coaching from bates and some talent around him I think they can succeed 

We are going to sign a highly rated Qb (in a good year for Qbs) but no guarantee he will be a franchise Qb. Theoretically Mark Sanchez should still be our starting Qb. Or if that didn't work out (and it didn't) Hack should be our starter in 2018 instead of a guy either headed for our PS or off the team. 

This looks like another Eli, Rivers, Big Ben draft year IMHO. The Jets are #3. Can’t miss. The way I see it Darnold or Allen go #1. Giants would be crazy not to pick up a QB this year. So they pick the leftover from #1 or Rosen. Can’t see Darnold dropping to #3. If Giants don’t go QB, Jets still get a great pick. So we probably end up with Rosen or Allen. Sorry Lil’ Baker is not in my mix. I will be very surprised if Mayfield goes in the top 3. Why you may say? The Brees and Wilson guys are rare and very gifted QBs. Today’s DEs and DL guys are huge, 6’5, 6’7 with eagle wing arm spans not counting a vertical leap. Just don’t see Lil’ Baker throwing over these guys, plus his 5 step drop only puts him 3 yards from the line of scrimmage. He’ll need an 8-10 step drop to even see the field in from of him. Again IMO he’s not able to overcome the big boys in the NFL, Gamey and gutsy as he may be.

5 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

With each passing day I am more confident that the Giants are neither trading their pick nor selecting a QB. The Jets will be selecting the second QB in this draft, which I think means Rosen. .... Can't wait!

we can only hope

On 3/21/2018 at 11:58 PM, Maxman said:

That isn't true. The guy that we pick could get a redshirt year. Then sit behind Teddy for 3 more years. Then he goes on to be a franchise for another franchise.

All 4 guys were franchise guys. Just not for the franchise that drafted them.

To recap, the bus stopped 8 times and the bus drivers name is Bob.

:)

...uhh....thanks...??

Archived