Darnold #1 after pro day

On 8/8/2018 at 12:20 PM, Philc1 said:

Darnold no doubt will have problems with turnovers as a rookie but I think he’s gonna end up being somewhere between Eli and Big Ben

On 8/9/2018 at 2:46 AM, johnnysd said:

Hell be significantly better than both

Curious Johnny - if you thought Sam was going to be significantly better then a HOF'er, I assume you thought he'd be a HOF'er as well, so does that mean, you think Wilson is the GOAT?

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

You were not alone.  I was a Rosen guy too.  I have pretty much been wrong about every QB for the last 5 years.  

+1

The floor for Rosen seemed the highest of any QB in that Draft.  I was 100% convinced the worst he would be is a low-end or mediocre starter, a Josh McCown or Andy Dalton type.  No way he'd be worse than that.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

+1

The floor for Rosen seemed the highest of any QB in that Draft.  I was 100% convinced the worst he would be is a low-end or mediocre starter, a Josh McCown or Andy Dalton type.  No way he'd be worse than that.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

Yup. I liked Darnold and Rosen ahead of Allen, Mayfield and Jackson.  Wanted no part of either Mahomes or Watson.  Thought Kyler Murray was a joke at 1 overall.  Didn't like Herbert last year.  Last QB I may have been right about was Hack. 

FWIW, I like Fields over Wilson.  So, it may be for the best if Wilson is the guy.

• Sympathy 3
  • Haha 2

• We all thought Adams was a better pick than Mahomes or Watson.  I think ultimately that was right, because Adams got us lots of entertainment and then picks, and we would ruined both of those QBs. 
  • Kudos to John Dorsey who actually realized that 1-you need to build around the QB and 2-Mayfield, despite his size, was a better pick than Darnold.  He was right.  I believe the reason he made that selection was because Mayfield processes information quicker. 
  • Aaron Rodgers lasted into the 20s because he had flaws similar to Wilsons.  Mainly size.  I disagree with those who think that picking Wilson will set the franchise back years. His contract will be a fraction of Mosely’s and Trumaine’s, and since we stunk so bad last year, it is our natural pick.  Trading picks, like we did for Darnold, sets the franchise back.  We should get creative and keep Darnold, and create a competition.
  • I am not getting the Fields thing.  Either he is the next Kizer or next Jackson/Allen.   Obviously SF thinks either he or Lance can we worked with.  I am wondering why the Jets don’t think the same thing.  Maybe its a trap. 
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, varjet said:
  • We all thought Adams was a better pick than Mahomes or Watson.  

lol.  No, we absolutely did not. 

I wanted Watson at the time.  I didn’t want Mahomes at 6, but I definitely didn’t want a friggin Safety.

Many, many others here were calling for one of the QBs. Or Christian McCaffrey.  Or another alternative.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  No, we absolutely did not. 

I wanted Watson at the time.  I didn’t want Mahomes at 6, but I definitely didn’t want a friggin Safety.

Many, many others here were calling for one of the QBs. Or Christian McCaffrey.  Or another alternative.

I recall that people were generally happy with the Adams pick.  Like the majority.  

I agree that it was a ridiculous pick. 

I am not going to spend the time searching the posts, but I don’t recall anger at the Adams pick.  

I think the end result is the same and a good one.   McCaffery, Mahomes and Watson would have been ruined by these clowns.   JD fleeced Seattle and we got a reboot.  I want to see JD draft as well as he trades. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, varjet said:
  • We all thought Adams was a better pick than Mahomes or Watson.  I think ultimately that was right, because Adams got us lots of entertainment and then picks, and we would ruined both of those QBs. 
  • Kudos to John Dorsey who actually realized that 1-you need to build around the QB and 2-Mayfield, despite his size, was a better pick than Darnold.  He was right.  I believe the reason he made that selection was because Mayfield processes information quicker. 
  • Aaron Rodgers lasted into the 20s because he had flaws similar to Wilsons.  Mainly size.  I disagree with those who think that picking Wilson will set the franchise back years. His contract will be a fraction of Mosely’s and Trumaine’s, and since we stunk so bad last year, it is our natural pick.  Trading picks, like we did for Darnold, sets the franchise back.  We should get creative and keep Darnold, and create a competition.
  • I am not getting the Fields thing.  Either he is the next Kizer or next Jackson/Allen.   Obviously SF thinks either he or Lance can we worked with.  I am wondering why the Jets don’t think the same thing.  Maybe its a trap. 

I’m pretty sure Rodgers largely slid because of the Tedford system, not size.

3 hours ago, varjet said:

I recall that people were generally happy with the Adams pick.  Like the majority.  

I agree that it was a ridiculous pick. 

I am not going to spend the time searching the posts, but I don’t recall anger at the Adams pick.  

I think the end result is the same and a good one.   McCaffery, Mahomes and Watson would have been ruined by these clowns.   JD fleeced Seattle and we got a reboot.  I want to see JD draft as well as he trades. 

Totes.  The end result of taking Mahomes instead of Adams would have left us in the same place.  

Yikes.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:35 AM, Lith said:

I still try every once in a while to get things going at the Hampur.  But its just not about football anymore.  I have started a few training camp threads this season, but 95% of the posts in the training camp threads are mine.  If I want to talk football and be ignored, I will just do it at home.  If I mention anything about the Jets to my wife I just get that blank stare that says do you really think I give a sh!t and from my daughter its the classic eye roll and she disappears to another room without saying a word.  Thats what the Hampur is now.  

I liked it as a small community with a couple dozen really good posters talking football.  But most of those guys are here now.  So I am too.

Anyone know whatever happened to Flowtrain? Godamn that guy was Jack Kerouac reborn. I think he liked one of my posts one day and I felt all proud of myself.

Crazy that there wasn’t one post for Allan or even Jackson on this.

Just goes to show, bad coaching stunts a QB, but still think Sam was always going to be a flop anyway. 

FQB, stay out of their heads, Sam lives in his. Not his fault, but yeah.... a case of what might have been I guess, still, we could have got Rosen!  ?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, varjet said:

Mayfield was very accurate in college, he threw darts and his compact motion and quick release translated well to the nfl.  His last 2 yrs of college his completion % was over 70%.  He also didn’t turn it over much.  Compare this to darnold in college.  Then throw in the comparison about information processing.

I get the reasons not to like wilson, but he seems to be of the mayfield mold, throws darts, quick release, innately accurate and allegedly, processes info quickly.  This is why the nfl world has come to love him.  With darnold it was always about potential, but with guys like mayfield and Wilson, they’re ready to play day 1.  And Wilson has more upside than mayfield.

• Upvote 2