Darnold #1 after pro day

17 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It actually took me a really long time to realize @TeddEY was EY from JI.

15 minutes ago, freestater said:

I was slow on the uptake for that one too?

Back when I thought it was not a terrible idea to just use my name.  If you guys wouldn't mind editing your post to just EY, I'd be grateful.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

We're going to need some kind of celebration!

1) Ham banned some lower-post count poster for challenging him on Sarah Palin

2) I basically mocked Palin and him, and kind of told him to do that with a higher content poster

3) Ham banned me for life, I came to JN

4) Ham came to JN and send me 3 PMs before I responded to the 1st (which I never did) threatening to fight me, and then renegging.

5) Klecko posted those PMs on JI on the day of that raiders game

6) Exodus began

7) Sooth offered to reinstate me.  I said only if you publicly de-mod Ham.  He said no.  I said I'm happy at JN.

8.) A bunch of old JI guys got banned for life too.  A bunch of JN regulars got pissed the JI people came over and left.

so the exodus would not have happened if sooth had taken away moderator status for Ham?

it really is the whole butterfly effect in real life!

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

so the exodus would not have happened if sooth had taken away moderator status for Ham?

it really is the whole butterfly effect in real life!

And now JI is just some barren wasteland with 3 or 4 banned-everywhere-else posters and the occasional "hey guys! Been a long time!....what happened here?" posters.

1 minute ago, freestater said:

And now JI is just some barren wasteland with 3 or 4 banned-everywhere-else posters and the occasional "hey guys! Been a long time!....what happened here?" posters.

i had no problem with JI.  no issues with the website nor the posters.  But the switch to scout sucked and then everyone left.  The owner didn't do anyone any favors, i think for me personally it was asking for the updated emails.  

but the website was terrible with scout so it didn't really matter.  everyone would have left anyway.

a functioning website, lots of people, no politics and a message board works wondefully.

• Upvote 2

Just now, batman10023 said:

i had no problem with JI.  no issues with the website nor the posters.  But the switch to scout sucked and then everyone left.  The owner didn't do anyone any favors, i think for me personally it was asking for the updated emails.  

but the website was terrible with scout so it didn't really matter.  everyone would have left anyway.

a functioning website, lots of people, no politics and a message board works wondefully.

I was one of the last to leave too. Scout sucked. Add in the Scientology style creepy way they tried to convince you it didn't. Spent a little time over in the hampur, but most of the old timers are here now. Feels much more like my jets home

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Aaah it's all coming back to me.

I remember not knowing what JN was at the time and I think I had just come back from a trip to India because I wasn't up to speed with what was going on, and I asked someone (who is in this thread but I won't name names) to catch me up, and he graciously obliged by sending me the deets in a PM. Later that day, one of the mods sent me (and I'm assuming others) PMs saying that we weren't allowed to discuss these topics - even through PMs. Which of course meant that PMs were being monitored.

I don't remember too many guys, but now that I'm jogging my memory, I do wonder what happened to some of them. The kid with the Pearl Jam tattoo and some guy named ikeyman (sp?) and some miserable dude who went by brooklynbound and Borgo and his gravy. The betting guy who was wrong with all of his bets, lol. Some of those threads were fun. The gum thread, the "mate" thread. SuperNewb is still my favorite poster of all time across any forum.

Regardless, although a lot of posters separated and went to various sites during the exodus as well as sites like Ragu's after JI started selling email addresses, it is nice to see a lot of familiar people coming JN to discuss football.

NVM JI sold the EMAIL ADDRESSSESSSSS... As$holes they were always trying to make money off of the loyal fans

13 minutes ago, freestater said:

I haven't logged on in years 

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

I had no idea PMs were being read, but wow.

JI was a lot of fun before it wasn't.  Became a ceaspool of racism and antisemetism that spilled over from the politics board into the main site.  There was a reason I didn't care about getting banned for life, and literally told Ham to do exactly that.

Ikey was a good dude and now that you mention SBIIICHAMPS (PFAIL JAM tat), I wonder what he's up to in life - 60/40 prison.  Borgo was here for a long time, until he picked a particularly strange hill to die on, and if you don't love SuperNewb, you're basically AIDS.

I was just talking about him yesterday on Ragu's I miss him 

3 hours ago, freestater said:

Also...It's nice to be someplace without unstable mods, and a site owner who isn't arbitrarily handing out bans for minor bullsh*t (typing the word "mate" comes to mind) or otherwise acting like all the posters are nothing more than a nuisance, and needing his little band of sycophants. 

Thanks, max. I know we're a big nuisance ?

The only problem with the JN mods is the constant sexual harassment.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

I had no idea PMs were being read, but wow.

JI was a lot of fun before it wasn't.  Became a ceaspool of racism and antisemetism that spilled over from the politics board into the main site.  There was a reason I didn't care about getting banned for life, and literally told Ham to do exactly that.

Ikey was a good dude and now that you mention SBIIICHAMPS (PFAIL JAM tat), I wonder what he's up to in life - 60/40 prison.  Borgo was here for a long time, until he picked a particularly strange hill to die on, and if you don't love SuperNewb, you're basically AIDS.

I wonder if Ikey is on JN under a different name.

SBIII, that's right. Pfail Jam, Hahahahaha. 

What hill did Borgo die on?

Funny JI memories.  There were some epic funny threads over there, like the one where some kid pretended to post a picture of his girlfriend, got nailed for faking it and then had a public meltdown.  Or the Kellen Clemens thread (before he started) with all the Chuck Norris jokes with his name substituted.  The Ham meltdown was pretty shocking.  That site turned to total crap.  Oh well.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, freestater said:

I'm still permabanned. 

But I guess that is to be expected when you post threatening PMs from one of your fellow mods at kick off on Sunday and the site's top Mod (BergenJet) announces his resignation from the site simultaneously causing them to lose all their best posters in one afternoon. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

Funny JI memories.  There were some epic funny threads over there, like the one where some kid pretended to post a picture of his girlfriend, got nailed for faking it and then had a public meltdown.  Or the Kellen Clemens thread (before he started) with all the Chuck Norris jokes with his name substituted.  The Ham meltdown was pretty shocking.  That site turned to total crap.  Oh well.

"Who can take a full powershot from me?"

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

SBIII, that's right. Pfail Jam, Hahahahaha. 

I have SB3 on my FB and IG he's still a PJ groupie but he loves it 

24 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

SBIII, that's right. Pfail Jam, Hahahahaha

Details are fuzzy, but another poster was acting like a jackass for weeks on end, finally got banned, and Borgo pretty much went to war on his behalf, complaining that Max et. al were "stifling his creativity."  I forget if he got banned or just self-exile, but it was complete nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, thshadow said:

I came over on the (final) scout exodus.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned COOKIEMONSTA!!!!  Didn't he make a post or two over here as well?

And people are saying borga...........   but ............ do you mean ...................... bongo  

no.  bongo =/= borgo

• Upvote 2

On the sad side (IMO), no one seems to know what happened to FF2 (Patys Fan) these days.  Seems to have gone from all the various forums, including the one (Ragus) he was on for a bit after the JI-Scout debacle.

Can't recall seeing him here, so yeah, shame.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Warfish said:

On the sad side (IMO), no one seems to know what happened to FF2 (Patys Fan) these days.  Seems to have gone from all the various forums, including the one (Ragus) he was on for a bit after the JI-Scout debacle.

@Klecko73isGod - he probably knows where he is.  They are really good friends on and off the board.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I liked him. He was on Ragu's site for a while. I haven't been there in months so not sure about recently.

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

@Klecko73isGod - he probably knows where he is.  They are really good friends on and off the board.

Thats good to know, as long as ol' FF2 is ok, that's all I care about tbqh.  He doesn't want to post anymore anywhere in Jetsland, that's cool.  Just a shame when we lose folks and we never really get to know why or what happened.  Sometimes you fear the worst.  I always liked FF2 so, yeah.

• Upvote 1