Darnold #1 after pro day

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I was as anti-Darnold as anyone. I am optimistic that I will be proven to have been wrong on him.

Just out of curiosity why were you so anti-Darnold?

Personally I didnt follow Danold pre-draft as much as Rosen or Mayfield until about a week before the draft because I didnt think there was any way he could fall to 3.  That being said, I dont think ive ever seen a QB play the way he did in the Rose Bowl against Penn State.  And I dont mean production (sanchez had a 5 td game in his bowl), it was the fact that the pocket collapsing around Darnold didnt seem to faze him at all and even with guys literally inches away from him, he was throwing bullets and keeping his team in the game.  Had he been allowed to come out after that game there was ZERO chance he goes 1 overall.

Does 13 picks really cause a kid with this ceiling and character (who is also 6'4 225) to fall past 2 teams who really both needed QBs"?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, batman10023 said:

remind me not to get lottery numbers from you :-)

Lol 20% chance giants would take Barkley, I still can’t believe they picked him on darnold. But 20% is a decent chance ?‍♂️ Giants 2nd round pick was OL, they signed soldier and who else? So they didn’t need to trade down for OL ha. I should have put a lot of $$$ Jets would pick another DL with their 2nd pick, that was 100% ?‍♂️?

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Pcola said:

I remember getting berated by him over thinking Matt Ryan was going to be a franchise QB back in March before the 2008 draft.  Hey Tony, GFY!  ?

Tony Paulina is a weirdo.  He has Francesa’s attitude without Francesa’s knowledge or broadcasting resume

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

And then he threatened to beat up EY. A move with precipitated the Great JI Exodus of '08.

Ah, the good ole days. Actually, I think we're coming up on the 10 year anniversary soon. I remember it was early in the season and for some reason I remember we played the Raiders the weekend before or after the exodus.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

We're going to need some kind of celebration!

1) Ham banned some lower-post count poster for challenging him on Sarah Palin

2) I basically mocked Palin and him, and kind of told him to do that with a higher content poster

3) Ham banned me for life, I came to JN

4) Ham came to JN and send me 3 PMs before I responded to the 1st (which I never did) threatening to fight me, and then renegging.

5) Klecko posted those PMs on JI on the day of that raiders game

6) Exodus began

7) Sooth offered to reinstate me.  I said only if you publicly de-mod Ham.  He said no.  I said I'm happy at JN.

8.) A bunch of old JI guys got banned for life too.  A bunch of JN regulars got pissed the JI people came over and left.

Yep. Nobody puts EY in a corner! Nobody! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Klecko73isGod said:

And then he threatened to beat up EY. A move with precipitated the Great JI Exodus of '08.

Yep. Then a couple of years later he had a second meltdown, again over Sarah Palin. He went off on Warfish and a few others. It was pretty pathetic. I was embarrassed for him.

34 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Aaah it's all coming back to me.

I remember not knowing what JN was at the time and I think I had just come back from a trip to India because I wasn't up to speed with what was going on, and I asked someone (who is in this thread but I won't name names) to catch me up, and he graciously obliged by sending me the deets in a PM. Later that day, one of the mods sent me (and I'm assuming others) PMs saying that we weren't allowed to discuss these topics - even through PMs. Which of course meant that PMs were being monitored.

I don't remember too many guys, but now that I'm jogging my memory, I do wonder what happened to some of them. The kid with the Pearl Jam tattoo and some guy named ikeyman (sp?) and some miserable dude who went by brooklynbound and Borgo and his gravy. The betting guy who was wrong with all of his bets, lol. Some of those threads were fun. The gum thread, the "mate" thread. SuperNewb is still my favorite poster of all time across any forum.

Regardless, although a lot of posters separated and went to various sites during the exodus as well as sites like Ragu's after JI started selling email addresses, it is nice to see a lot of familiar people coming JN to discuss football.

Ah, the Hampur! We had some great threads in there.

Whatever happened to Stokes? I miss that little shrimp.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

8.) A bunch of old JI guys got banned for life too.  A bunch of JN regulars got pissed the JI people came over and left.

1 hour ago, Klecko73isGod said:

**** all you guys!  You're not welcome here!

;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We know you like it here, Helen of Troy. Everyone knows you like it here. In fact you have a long history of liking places, until you don't like them anymore and then men have to die because you can't help but being a watery tart.

Don't take it literally sweetheart....although I will admit men gladly die for me.

that's why women rule the world.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Aaah it's all coming back to me.

I remember not knowing what JN was at the time and I think I had just come back from a trip to India because I wasn't up to speed with what was going on, and I asked someone (who is in this thread but I won't name names) to catch me up, and he graciously obliged by sending me the deets in a PM. Later that day, one of the mods sent me (and I'm assuming others) PMs saying that we weren't allowed to discuss these topics - even through PMs. Which of course meant that PMs were being monitored.

I don't remember too many guys, but now that I'm jogging my memory, I do wonder what happened to some of them. The kid with the Pearl Jam tattoo and some guy named ikeyman (sp?) and some miserable dude who went by brooklynbound and Borgo and his gravy. The betting guy who was wrong with all of his bets, lol. Some of those threads were fun. The gum thread, the "mate" thread. SuperNewb is still my favorite poster of all time across any forum.

Regardless, although a lot of posters separated and went to various sites during the exodus as well as sites like Ragu's after JI started selling email addresses, it is nice to see a lot of familiar people coming JN to discuss football.

I had no idea PMs were being read, but wow.

JI was a lot of fun before it wasn't.  Became a ceaspool of racism and antisemetism that spilled over from the politics board into the main site.  There was a reason I didn't care about getting banned for life, and literally told Ham to do exactly that.

Ikey was a good dude and now that you mention SBIIICHAMPS (PFAIL JAM tat), I wonder what he's up to in life - 60/40 prison.  Borgo was here for a long time, until he picked a particularly strange hill to die on, and if you don't love SuperNewb, you're basically AIDS.

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2018 at 11:59 AM, sourceworx said:

Not for anything, but Tony doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

On 8/8/2018 at 12:19 PM, Philc1 said:

Tony is an idiot he used scream in all caps at anyone on JI who dared say Kyle Wilson wasn’t the next Revis.  Guy is a weirdo

agreed re: Tony P. 

You can watch Tony Pauline react at 1:32 of this video of the 1995 draft when the Jets passed on Sapp and took Kyle Brady instead.  Some of you will recognize the other dude with the moustache as well who also posts here from time to time (no it is not Joe Benigno).