Jason La Canfora" Jets are very comftorable with the kid from Wyoming they think he's got a big arm, most potential in draft.

Jetsbb

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Here's the Josh Allen thread

This is about Jason La Confara inside information on the jets thinking and who they will draft. Not a Josh Allen post buried in a multi page thread.

It would be different if it was some draft analysts thoughts on who they should draft. Actual inside information from talking to Jets personnel or scouts deserves its own thread

Thx that was actually kinda informative.. 

I honestly think it’s Darnold, Rosen, Allen that’s in play for the jets no set order 

The jay cutler comparisons for Rosen are the  very intresting . Lol what the hell could he be saying in these interviews to have teams so sour on his personality

If you listen to the verbiage, LaCanfora has no idea what the Jets think about anything. It’s a bunch of qualified sentences: “you’d have to think; the rumor du jour; what you really have to do is...” You have to give Maccagnan credit for this much: his administration doesn’t leak. Sure, it doesn’t leak because no one finds the information coming out of it particularly valuable, but alas.

33 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

This is about Jason La Confara inside information on the jets thinking and who they will draft. Not a Josh Allen post buried in a multi page thread.

It would be different if it was some draft analysts thoughts on who they should draft. Actual inside information from talking to Jets personnel or scouts deserves its own thread

Nothing in that video suggests that La Canfora had any inside information. It was rumor and popular opinion-based, mixed with a compliment on Allen by the Jets as I would assume the Jets did for all of the top QB's in this draft. There's no inside information anywhere in this video. 

This is why I directed you to the Josh Allen thread. There's no new info in this video regarding Allen or some Insider Jets plans regarding Allen by La Confora. 

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nothing in that video suggests that La Canfora had any inside information. It was rumor and popular opinion-based, mixed with a compliment on Allen by the Jets as I would assume the Jets did for all of the top QB's in this draft. There's no inside information anywhere in this video. 

This is why I directed you to the Josh Allen thread. There's no new info in this video regarding Allen or some Insider Jets plans regarding Allen by La Confora. 

And I Quote "The Jets I'm told are very comfortable with the kid from Wyoming they think he's got a big arm they think he has the most potential in draft"

He wasn't talking about his own opinion he was explicitly saying what he was told the Jets think. This clearly constitutes inside information on the Jets thinking and not conjecture or his own thoughts.

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you listen to the verbiage, LaCanfora has no idea what the Jets think about anything. It’s a bunch of qualified sentences: “you’d have to think; the rumor du jour; what you really have to do is...” You have to give Maccagnan credit for this much: his administration doesn’t leak. Sure, it doesn’t leak because no one finds the information coming out of it particularly valuable, but alas.

This. Doesn’t deserve its own thread. This entire website has turned into a ninny convention with the ocd-level of discussion of all these QBs.

Relax. We’re getting one.

No amount of interwebz insecurity is going to influence which one, how good he is, or anything else.... just roll with it.

19 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

And I Quote "The Jets I'm told are very comfortable with the kid from Wyoming they think he's got a big arm they think he has the most potential in draft"

He wasn't talking about his own opinion he was explicitly saying what he was told the Jets think. This clearly constitutes inside information on the Jets thinking and not conjecture or his own thoughts.

Told... by Rich Cimini and other Jets best guys in twitter. Meaning it’s useless info.

Hinestly it’s common sense. You do not make that trade unless you are comfortable with any of the 4 top QBs. You can’t control what happens at 1-2, so you have to be prepared for any of the 4, especially making the move this early... what if one of the top 3 screws the pooch in the next feed weeks? Like a DUI or something dumb. Then #4 is in play, and you’ve gotta be cool with that.

So basically Schein is saying what the trade already proved.

30 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Told by who? Earlier you said "Actual inside information from talking to Jets personnel or scouts deserves its own thread". He didnt say that he received inside information from Jets Personnel or scouts...where did you get that from? It seems like you simply threw that in to spice up something that we've already been talking about given the obvious trade up to #3. La Canfora basically concludes that the Jets would be comfortable with any of the QB's left by the time they pick at #3. We've been talking about this since the trade happened this weekend. That's not inside information, its the obvious. 

This isnt inside information from personnel or scouts or inside info in general. This is basically the writing on the wall by the Jet trading up to #3 to begin with. 

Telling me that the Jets "Think" he has a big arm isnt inside information when we can all see that the Kids arm is uncanny. 

Telling that the jets "Think" he has the most potential is basically what we've all been saying, but in reality thats also code for the guy being Raw and a project...which we've all been saying. 

Literally nothing was said that was "new" info or something that wasnt already being spoken about. We dont need a thread for everytime a different person says the same exact thing while trying to give it validity by assuming that Jets Personnel or a scout leaked something when there was no information here that anyone would say "wow, that's great insight...I didnt know that". The Jets are sitting at 3 and we know that Allen is considered to be in the top 4 QB's in the draft which means that there's a possibility that Allen could be considered along with another QB at #3. 

Look, I dont mind that folks keep posting useless threads, I was simply directing you to where we're already talking about this topic.

My bad bro. 

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This. Doesn’t deserve its own thread. This entire website has turned into a ninny convention with the ocd-level of discussion of all these QBs.

Relax. We’re getting one.

No amount of interwebz insecurity is going to influence which one, how good he is, or anything else.... just roll with it.

I would disagree that it doesn’t deserve its own thread. The story of the next few weeks is going to be which quarterback these idiots in the Jets front office end up foisting upon us, so any insidery stuff is interesting. The only thing that might disqualify this as thread-worthy is that it’s LaCanfora, who doesn’t even try to hide that he knows nothing.

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would disagree that it doesn’t deserve its own thread. The story of the next few weeks is going to be which quarterback these idiots in the Jets front office end up foisting upon us, so any insidery stuff is interesting. The only thing that might disqualify this as thread-worthy is that it’s LaCanfora, who doesn’t even try to hide that he knows nothing.

A classic line that deserves its own thread.

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Joke is on us. LaCanfora knows nothing and gets paid for it. We know nothing and think we are big shots on an opinion site.

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Joke is on us. LaCanfora knows nothing and gets paid for it. We know nothing and think we are big shots on an opinion site.

Joke’s on you. Posting on a message board automatically places you among society’s worst humans,

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Nothing.  Nobody knew the jets were trading up to 3 so early.  Credit the jets for not leaking stuff to people like Jason.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He did say without any hesitation that jets he is told are very comfortable with the kid from Wyoming ..  but you are right about Macc and the leaks for DRAFT stuff  .  Cause everything else from locker room crap to free agency certainly gets leaked for us all the time .

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I posted in another thread, Rosen and mayfield fit bates' system the best.  

Idk Macc never seem to draft guys like baker .  Of the QBs he has drafted the one thing in common both are a Big and above average arm strength . Maybe he goes opposite this time . 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

"the jets i'm told are very comfortable with the kid from Wyoming"... 

Just now, CTM said:

"the jets i'm told are very comfortable with the kid from Wyoming"... 

“CTM, I’m told, is very comfortable with rubbing his nuts against the velvety fur of the family cat.”

The “I’m told” is a qualifier that renders the whole statement worthless.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“CTM, I’m told, is very comfortable with rubbing his nuts against the velvety fur of the family cat.”

Doesn’t even matter DJ said the same some of the same things in his recent podcast as well as far as what he is hearing .. so obviously it’s a take going around . 

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Doesn’t even matter DJ said the same some of the same things in his recent podcast as well as far as what he is hearing .. so obviously it’s a take going around . 

It’s deductive reasoning. The Jets traded up to the third pick, presumably for a quarterback, therefore they must be “comfortable” with at least three quarterbacks.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It does imply information exchange albeit probably 2nd hand. It's not as strong as "sources inside the Jets tell me" but it's certainly stronger than "you'd have to think" which was your exaggerated T0mPacian take on the exchange.

Also, kitty has claws and a hair trigger. I learned the hard way

Archived