Jason La Canfora" Jets are very comftorable with the kid from Wyoming they think he's got a big arm, most potential in draft.

Jetsbb

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, KRL said:

I'm convinced there will be no in between with Allen, he will either become a Roethlisberger with better
athletic ability or another Jamarcus Russell

Russell had no feet plus his conditioning was non existent 

28 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They might actually be getting this right for once. They’ll have (guessing the draft a QB at 3) a lower jag starter in McClown, a potential franchise QB in London Bridges and a possible HOF at 3. Obviously this is the best case scenario but it gives the team options. They know McClown can show up on Sunday so there’s at least a starter, London bridges might be back in pro bowl form so he could be the future QB if the rookie doesn’t pan out. 

All good points, but they’ll still **** it up

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nothing in that video suggests that La Canfora had any inside information. It was rumor and popular opinion-based, mixed with a compliment on Allen by the Jets as I would assume the Jets did for all of the top QB's in this draft. There's no inside information anywhere in this video. 

This is why I directed you to the Josh Allen thread. There's no new info in this video regarding Allen or some Insider Jets plans regarding Allen by La Confora. 

Ok so let’s hope LaCanfora is right 

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

The thread title is exactly what dude said. What’s misleading ? 

You are correct but it's quoted out of context.  If you read the quote it sure sounds like they would take him if he is there.  But if you watch it it's pretty clear he has no idea who they are taking and that he has no inside knowledge.

43 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Ok so let’s hope LaCanfora is right 

As long as the qb taken becomes a legit franchise qb. Nothing personal here. I have my preference but if the Jets take any qb from Barkley to Jackson, I'd be content given that theres a very high probability that the qb will be better than Hackenberg and Petty. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

“CTM, I’m told, is very comfortable with rubbing his nuts against the velvety fur of the family cat.”

The “I’m told” is a qualifier that renders the whole statement worthless.

So is the word "hunch". I was very disappointed in this video. There was no "inside info" etc. Just one mans' hunch.

I'm so worried about them picking him. Why do we always have to be the team that takes the project guy? I'm tired of taking the guy with the biggest question marks but the best physical talent. The guy that if it all comes together for him could be great. It's so stupid, especially at QB.

He's a project, he COULD be great with a lot of coaching and probably some time spent sitting and learning. It's a disaster waiting to happen. If Macc picks him, he better hope Teddy Bridgewater can save his job.

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's true if Rosen is Cutler the Jets passed on the Real Cutler last year for mccown. 

I've never cared for Cutler since he pulled that hissy fit when Denver drafted Tebow. He refused to return the owners phone calls and got himself a one way t5icket out of town. I'd take McCown over Cutler everyday of the year.

59 minutes ago, KRL said:

I'm convinced there will be no in between with Allen, he will either become a Roethlisberger with better
athletic ability or another Jamarcus Russell

Ben completed 65% of his passes in college and nearly 70% his senior year.  I don't see Allen flicking a switch and becoming an accurate, touch passer overnight.  I think he leans far to the Jamarcus side of the pendulum, but with less bling.

Upon second read, the "they think he's got a big arm" is the most adorable part of this. There's no thinking about it, Allen has a cannon. And by no means is that a reason to draft him, but man. Sometimes it looks like he's throwing a freaking softball, not a football.

I also think the Russell comparison isn't great, Russell didn't fail because he had a good arm but no accuracy he failed because he was absurdly lazy. Allen's more of the Kyle Boller great arm no accuracy type.

I do think this is a great class to get involved at QB, particularly as some of the older guys start to retire. And any of these guys can create for themselves outside of needing an offense to be perfect around them which is very appealing.

Also if I'm the Jets and Allen is 4th on my big board I lean really hard into these rumors and have some more come out over the next few weeks. They're so easy to believe.

30 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I'm so worried about them picking him. Why do we always have to be the team that takes the project guy? I'm tired of taking the guy with the biggest question marks but the best physical talent. The guy that if it all comes together for him could be great. It's so stupid, especially at QB.

He's a project, he COULD be great with a lot of coaching and probably some time spent sitting and learning. It's a disaster waiting to happen. If Macc picks him, he better hope Teddy Bridgewater can save his job.

You're acting like we were the ones that took Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf. It's just Hack that fits that mold. List me all the QBs we have taken high that were huge projects like Hack? Pennington? No. Sanchez? No. Even Geno wasn't a project, he was an incredibly accurate and good passer in college. Same with Petty. 

The Hack selection really scarred a ton of Jets fans.  

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You're acting like we were the ones that took Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf. It's just Hack that fits that mold. List me all the QBs we have taken high that were huge projects like Hack? Pennington? No. Sanchez? No. Even Geno wasn't a project, he was an incredibly accurate and good passer in college. Same with Petty. 

The Hack selection really scarred a ton of Jets fans.  

I wasn't just talking about QB in regards to that point.

Vernon Gholston, Stephen Hill, Christian Hackenberg like you mentioned, Darron Lee as an undersized ILB.

And to be fair, yes I know you can't hold this regime responsible for guys like Gholston and Hill.

To me when a GM makes an awful pick at QB in Hack (and i'm a Macc supporter) I would not be looking to go down that same road again at the position. High potential, great physical tools, smart, but not accurate. Again, i'm not saying that Allen can't be good. But I just look at him as the guy with the highest probability of being a bust out of the group of 4.

29 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I wasn't just talking about QB in regards to that point.

Vernon Gholston, Stephen Hill, Christian Hackenberg like you mentioned, Darron Lee as an undersized ILB.

And to be fair, yes I know you can't hold this regime responsible for guys like Gholston and Hill.

To me when a GM makes an awful pick at QB in Hack (and i'm a Macc supporter) I would not be looking to go down that same road again at the position. High potential, great physical tools, smart, but not accurate. Again, i'm not saying that Allen can't be good. But I just look at him as the guy with the highest probability of being a bust out of the group of 4.

Fair enough. But how frustrated would you be if we went with the more "accomplished" college player in Mayfield and it turns out that Allen is the far better NFL QB? People are acting like the short QB with off the field issues is the safer bet. I just don't see it. 

If it's between Allen/Darnold/Rosen, sure I could see the argument for passing on Allen but there is a good chance our choice will be between Allen/Mayfield. To me, that decision is a no brainer. 

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Fair enough. But how frustrated would you be if we went with the more "accomplished" college player in Mayfield and it turns out that Allen is the far better NFL QB? People are acting like the short QB with off the field issues is the safer bet. I just don't see it. 

If it's between Allen/Darnold/Rosen, sure I could see the argument for passing on Allen but there is a good chance our choice will be between Allen/Mayfield. To me, that decision is a no brainer. 

I understand your point. I personally love Mayfield and think he is the best prospect coming out. That's just my opinion.

I just think Allen is the "what the hell were they thinking?" pick. When Tannenbaum took Mark Sanchez in 2009 and it didn't work it cost Tannenbaum his job eventually. But that wasn't a pick that people can look back on and act like the Jets were crazy for making. Allen is that guy. Because people are split on him. I know you can't make picks based on what the media and fans think but I just think picking Allen shows an inability for this GM to learn from past mistakes and change things up. And to be fair, people are split on Mayfield as well. But besides his height, I don't see the glaring holes in his game. 

Mayfield might not be Macc's prototypical QB. But can he look past that and see his talent? I hope he can. But of course he could be a bust as well. If he believes in Allen, he should take him, and obviously I hope he is right if he does that. But I just think he's got the highest risk.

Having watched the Jets draft for probably too many years, the one word that makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb is "potential".  Screw potential, if you haven't seen the guy perform well in actual games, do not draft them, period.  Vernon Gholston had potential, Hackenburg supposedly had potential and has done nothing.  F#ck potential.

3 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Having watched the Jets draft for probably too many years, the one word that makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb is "potential".  Screw potential, if you haven't seen the guy perform well in actual games, do not draft them, period.  Vernon Gholston had potential, Hackenburg supposedly had potential and has done nothing.  F#ck potential.

Literally every single player ever drafted, regardless of sport, was selected based on potential.

12 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Stephen hill had tremendous physical traits, as did coples, hackenberg, Mo, Richardson, ect , ect. Im tired of picking busts just because he has a better 40, can bench more, or throw harder, ect.. 

17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Literally every single player ever drafted, regardless of sport, was selected based on potential.

Mostly an expectation of future potential based on past performance.  Guys picked on potential based upon intangibles, great combine numbers and "only" fixing footwork are not what you are looking for at the top of the draft.

8 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

This is about Jason La Confara inside information on the jets thinking and who they will draft. Not a Josh Allen post buried in a multi page thread.

It would be different if it was some draft analysts thoughts on who they should draft. Actual inside information from talking to Jets personnel or scouts deserves its own thread

what are we supposed to say about this video, that wasn't discussed 10000x in the other thread. We've already beaten the "what the pundits think--" narrative to death.

LaConfora has never broken a Jets story.

1 minute ago, Dinamite said:

Allbright is on the same bandwagon.  He says jets are picking Allen even over Rosen.

He's been saying that for awhile. The more I think about it, the more I think that the real reason we're scared of this kid is Christian Hackenberg. If we did not have that experience, we would probably question his accuracy, but I don't think we would have gone to "scared to pick him" levels

53 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

When the Jets draft Adams/Williams they get killed for drafting the boring/limited athlete BPA. If they draft Allen they will get killed for drafting high risk/high floor guy. 

In the end, all that matters is that we get the right guy. The right guy could be undersized, a California kid or a freak athlete. 

54 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He's been saying that for awhile. The more I think about it, the more I think that the real reason we're scared of this kid is Christian Hackenberg. If we did not have that experience, we would probably question his accuracy, but I don't think we would have gone to "scared to pick him" levels

That’s exactly what it is

We have a tall QB with a strong arm who completed 56% of his passes in college. He's been developing for 2 years under this staff. He couldn't take a snap over Bryce Petty in garbage time week 17. Everyone agrees Allen is going to need some time to develop. What makes anyone think that's going to happen under our current staff? We should have fired everyone if we where all in on a QB. This group has no business with a developmental rookie. 

56 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

To a point, yes. But also the fact that history doesn't usually favor the side of "player X has a strong arm but needs to improve accuracy". Where coaches always think they can fix them but ends up not working.

Archived