Jason La Canfora" Jets are very comftorable with the kid from Wyoming they think he's got a big arm, most potential in draft.

Jetsbb

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He's been saying that for awhile. The more I think about it, the more I think that the real reason we're scared of this kid is Christian Hackenberg. If we did not have that experience, we would probably question his accuracy, but I don't think we would have gone to "scared to pick him" levels

Did you forget how many people were scared of drafting Christian Hackenberg?  Hackenberg didn't create the theory that you should avoid inaccurate QBs.  He validated it.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Did you forget how many people were scared of drafting Christian Hackenberg?  Hackenberg didn't create the theory that you should avoid inaccurate QBs.  He validated it.

Nobody was scared of him that I recall. Most people were pissed that he was taken in the 2nd round

10 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

To a point, yes. But also the fact that history doesn't usually favor the side of "player X has a strong arm but needs to improve accuracy". Where coaches always think they can fix them but ends up not working.

That'a a fair point. But I don't think the vitriol would happen without Hackenberg

23 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Nobody was scared of him that I recall. Most people were pissed that he was taken in the 2nd round

Your recall is faulty.  Besides, why do you think those people were pissed that Hackenberg was taken in the 2nd round?  Hint: It's because they knew he sucked. If they were pissed about taking Hackenberg in the 2nd, imagine how they would feel about taking him #3 overall.

42 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Mayfield fits the Arena league best nothing else guy will be a worthless bum like Hack in the NFL.

Lupz27 - you may have posted elsewhere and I missed it.  How do you rank the other 3 QBs (Darnold, Rosen and Allen).  I am taking Lamar out of discussion even though I like him, because I don't think he will be considered that high.

27 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That'a a fair point. But I don't think the vitriol would happen without Hackenberg

Everyone around here has Hackenberg PTSD.  The flinching starts the second anyone mentions a QB prospect with a big arm that may have accuracy issues.

meanwhile, a more accurate and informed perspective--

Josh Rosen - QB - Bruins

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline hears that the the New York Jets have met "extensively" with UCLA QB Josh Rosen.

There was initially a relatively strong current toward the possibility that the Giants could draft Rosen at No. 2. That's largely fallen by the wayside -- more and more, we've seen Saquon Barkley and Quenton Nelson linked to the NFC East combatant -- but the UCLA signal-caller still has a clean path to land in New York now that the Jets have traded up to No. 3 with the Colts. The Bills, Giants and Browns have all reportedly put Rosen through private workouts of late. It would take some further upward movement from Buffalo (sitting at No. 12) for them to realistically be in range for the Bruins product.

40 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Lupz27 - you may have posted elsewhere and I missed it.  How do you rank the other 3 QBs (Darnold, Rosen and Allen).  I am taking Lamar out of discussion even though I like him, because I don't think he will be considered that high.

Darnold Rosen in that order everyone else, if the Jets don’t land one of those 2 the trade was an epic fail!

Archived