Giants trade JPP

T0mShane

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think? My reaction was "big blow to the Giants want to win now crowd." This sounds like waving the white flag and taking the QB.

It seems like no matter who the Giants select now they dont have a very clear direction into the future. They still have a shaky OL, no RB, shaky LBs and just got rid of their best pass rusher.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

You think? My reaction was "big blow to the Giants want to win now crowd." This sounds like waving the white flag and taking the QB.

I think they’re switching to a 3-4 anyway, so one of the DEs was extraneous and they were both paid too much. But your read is good, too. They could be looking to get out in front of a rebuild. This is pretty much a salary dump.

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

and possibly a trade down with Cleveland or Denver.  Chubb would be there at 4 and probably 5.

Yeah, this can really upend the whole draft pretty quickly. If it’s for Chubb, they go to five. If it’s a rebuild, they can gouge the Bills. I’d imagine the next chess piece will be either re-signing Beckham or trading Beckham.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont think JPP presence on the roster would have deterred the Giants from taking Chubb if they really wanted him.

I guess? They had JPP and Vernon on maximum dollars and not a ton of cap space. If it is a move for Chubb, the Jets would be wise to check back in about a trade up before Denver or the Bills get there first. 

Denver is the play here...and they're gonna steal Baker from us.

Charlie Weiss was on NFL Network radio this morning and has an interesting theory on why the Jets traded up.....to get Mayfield.  His thought was that the Jets were comfortable moving up to 3 because they know the Browns won't take Mayfield {(1) they seem to love Darnold and (2) they can't risk Mayfield turning into Johnny Football v. 2.0} and because the Jets know the Giants won't take Mayfield because he doesn't fit the conservative Giants M.O.

Hence, moving up to three because they know Baker will still be there.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Now giants need more players. Maybe a sign they are trading down...

If they want more draft picks in favor of guys not a part of the future, then the move is to trade Eli, not the #2 overall pick they're going to use on team's next QB through the 2031 season.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Denver is the play here...and they're gonna steal Baker from us.

Charlie Weiss was on NFL Network radio this morning and has an interesting theory on why the Jets traded up.....to get Mayfield.  His thought was that the Jets were comfortable moving up to 3 because they know the Browns won't take Mayfield {(1) they seem to love Darnold and (2) they can't risk Mayfield turning into Johnny Football v. 2.0} and because the Jets know the Giants won't take Mayfield because he doesn't fit the conservative Giants M.O.

Hence, moving up to three because they know Baker will still be there.

Or because they know Allen will be there.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I guess? They had JPP and Vernon on maximum dollars and not a ton of cap space. If it is a move for Chubb, the Jets would be wise to check back in about a trade up before Denver or the Bills get there first. 

There goes your Vernon to the jets cap dump dream scenario.

Archived