Jordan Palmer: Josh Allen is the most talented dude i've ever seen

k-met57

6 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Right from his web-page:

The quarterback rooms I’ve been in have been filled with names such as Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Carson Palmer, EJ Manuel, Josh Mccown, Jimmy Clausen and many others.

In all fairness, their mother made Carson attend.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, maury77 said:

If you actually watch tape of Allen, his low completion percentage is less due to some natural inaccuracy issues (like Hack) and more due to his decision making. Allen is a guy that will force the issue a lot and attempt a lot of high difficulty throws because he has an absolute cannon. Allen is not a guy who threw a lot of bubble screen to inflate his completion percentage. Will his game ever mature enough to allow him to avoid all the costly mistakes? Who knows. 

He's got a big issue with timing patterns. He has to see a guy open before he throws. He needs to learn to throw to a spot and trust he receiver. This and accuracy are the two things he needs to do well on at his pro day.

5 hours ago, k-met57 said:

did u watch the senior bowl? he looked pretty damn good on those throws...

Oh yeah the senior bowl with no blitzing allowed and vanilla coverages? That's so much more realistic than watching him in a real game. So much like the real NFL.......

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

My point is that you guys are too stats driven. Do you honestly think Allen would be under 60% if he was on Oklahoma? Give me a break. 

He wouldn't only because the walk on would beat him out for the job. 

Think.... Why didn't any power 5 conference teams offer Allen a scholarship?

I’m disgusted I’m even reacting to the 15th Josh Allen thread and certainly not the last, but this narrative on his completion percentage as the deciding factor on drafting him is id day not smart

as an exercise I just looked up probably 2 most accurate passers I’ve ever seen their college %

A Rodgers 63.8%

D Brees 61.1%

so this kid who throws 25 at most passes per game not 45 ala rosen/mayfield due to terrible team the  %’s are not in his favor... is undraftable?  Really?

For better or for worse I'm feeling that it's very likely that Josh Rosen is the guy we end up with.  I think Darnold goes #1 and then the Giants trade out of the #2 pick to a team who takes Josh Allen.  While I'd be more than happy to take my chances with any of those 3 QBs, I really think the Jets messed up by not trading whatever it took to get the #1 overall.  I really want Darnold here.  I think Rosen can be great too but I'm worried about the concussions.  He seems a little frail to me while Darnold and Allen are monsters, like Big Ben.  

31 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

You can definitely see that he thinks he can make any throw. He could be running full speed away from a defender and think he can just sling downfield or launch it in a tight window of defenders. That’ll get you into trouble real fast in the nfl. 

But he's young.  He can learn.  I read fans hated Terry Bradshaw early in his career but eventually he won 4 Superbowls.

Josh Allen. , needs 1-2years under a good quarterback mentor.  As a long long Jets fan  I have been waiting for this for a long time.  I am not a fan of Josh Rosen as a person , but I think he will be the best qb in draft , Darnold will be right behind him.   Josh Allen  is raw but I think he could be Big Ben -2 , he has a gun and can scramble,.   I do think jets will miss out on Rosen and Darnold , and take Allen .  He could be great or average. I don't think he is going to be bad.    mayfield is another story I hear a lot of jet fans begging for him.  Not me I think he will be a back up.   He is not Drew Brees ,  he will need to have a great center and guard to keep the d linemen from pushing the line, which means he will be running to the outside a lot.     so jets please trade a 4 and 5 rd to Giants take Rosen  , and they take Barkley or Chubb.     Rosen will be a mix of  Rodgers and rivers.  Trust me.   

43 minutes ago, Jamax99 said:

Josh Allen. , needs 1-2years under a good quarterback mentor.  As a long long Jets fan  I have been waiting for this for a long time.  I am not a fan of Josh Rosen as a person , but I think he will be the best qb in draft , Darnold will be right behind him.   Josh Allen  is raw but I think he could be Big Ben -2 , he has a gun and can scramble,.   I do think jets will miss out on Rosen and Darnold , and take Allen .  He could be great or average. I don't think he is going to be bad.    mayfield is another story I hear a lot of jet fans begging for him.  Not me I think he will be a back up.   He is not Drew Brees ,  he will need to have a great center and guard to keep the d linemen from pushing the line, which means he will be running to the outside a lot.     so jets please trade a 4 and 5 rd to Giants take Rosen  , and they take Barkley or Chubb.     Rosen will be a mix of  Rodgers and rivers.  Trust me.   

Then you don’t draft him at 3. Not a player that needs to sit for a year or 2. That’s a waste of a top pick

2 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Isn't this the dude who supposedly trained Hackenberg?

If he was virtually guaranteed to turn every QB prospect into a bonafide badass, every team in the league would be lining up to give him an 8 figure contract and blow him silly.

4 hours ago, Titan24 said:

I’m disgusted I’m even reacting to the 15th Josh Allen thread and certainly not the last, but this narrative on his completion percentage as the deciding factor on drafting him is id day not smart

as an exercise I just looked up probably 2 most accurate passers I’ve ever seen their college %

A Rodgers 63.8%

D Brees 61.1%

so this kid who throws 25 at most passes per game not 45 ala rosen/mayfield due to terrible team the  %’s are not in his favor... is undraftable?  Really?

That’s what baffles the piss out of me.

Yes, Allen absolutely needs to work on his accuracy and decision making...

But people are seriously shocked that a guy who played in a pro-style offense and routinely took shots downfield has a lower completion percentage than the kid whose kindergarten OU playbook consisted of 80% smoke screens and 6-8 yard slants?

Gee, who’da thunk it?

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

That’s what baffles the piss out of me.

Yes, Allen absolutely needs to work on his accuracy and decision making...

But people are seriously shocked that a guy who played in a pro-style offense and routinely took shots downfield has a lower completion percentage than the kid whose kindergarten OU playbook consisted of 80% smoke screens and 6-8 yard slants?

Gee, who’da thunk it?

Exactly

11 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

You can definitely see that he thinks he can make any throw. He could be running full speed away from a defender and think he can just sling downfield or launch it in a tight window of defenders. That’ll get you into trouble real fast in the nfl. 

bingo

11 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He's got a big issue with timing patterns. He has to see a guy open before he throws. He needs to learn to throw to a spot and trust he receiver. This and accuracy are the two things he needs to do well on at his pro day.

1000% correct. This is an area that Rosen, Mayfield and especially Darnold excel at. This was also an area Mark Sanchez really struggled with. I don't know that Allen will ever develop this part of his game. 

57 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Let's go to the videotape!

Holy Sh--

That was really impressive - and those aren't "highlight" reels. What I saw was a mostly accurate passer that had a bunch of balls dropped (or balls that would have been caught by NFL receivers)

He missed one really bad swing pass ala Bryce Petty - but he hit a couple nicely too.

I've officially gone to the dark-side.  If he's there we have to take him.

56 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Holy Sh--

That was really impressive - and those aren't "highlight" reels. What I saw was a mostly accurate passer that had a bunch of balls dropped (or balls that would have been caught by NFL receivers)

He missed one really bad swing pass ala Bryce Petty - but he hit a couple nicely too.

I've officially gone to the dark-side.  If he's there we have to take him.

You tend realize how bad his supporting cast was there isn’t one More NFL prospect on that offense ., Utah state was destroying that Oline and y’all expected him to survive vs Nebraska . That fact he only threw 6 ints this year is impressive to me .  Hackenberg needed almost a 100 more throws in his final year  to reach josh Allen production this year .  Rosen still my number #1. But it wouldn’t surprise me if Allen turns into the best QB of the Class.  Kid is a Freak . You put him with some real weapons I think he is gonna be fine . 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Let's go to the videotape!

Thanks for sharing these - Looking at your other posts it seems like you wouldn't want him (I could be wrong)- what did you see in these game films that give you concern?

Honest question - because I see a guy that can be special (but I'm no scout)

18 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Exciting to think that there are 3 top QB's and we will get one of them. Just eager to see which one is under the tree on Xmas morning!

ask yourself this. there are 32 teams in the league and of those 32 teams, what, half don't have a QB and 4-6 have a guy that they would replace, but there aren't that many good QB's... so we are supposed to believe that Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield and Allen are all going to be good long term franchise QB's. uh, reality says no. Its Rosen and Darnold that IMO have the best chance to be what most teams do not have and haven't had in years.

It is more likely than not that maybe only 1 of these QB's is legit, 2 is possible, but 3... almost no way.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Thanks for sharing these - Looking at your other posts it seems like you wouldn't want him (I could be wrong)- what did you see in these game films that give you concern?

Honest question - because I see a guy that can be special (but I'm no scout)

Honestly? His game tape looks exactly the same as it did the year before and I am concerned that there may not be much room for improvement. I was expecting him to take a big step up in 2017 and .... it didn't happen. He's not a consistently good decision maker. 

On 3/22/2018 at 12:05 PM, k-met57 said:

i mean Matt Stafford completed barely 60% at Georgia surrounded by D1 talent...its easy to throw numbers around...still comes down to who wants to work for it in the league.

Outside of Stafford take a look at all the QBs over the past 10-15 years who were under 60% in college. Your best bet is Jay fricken Cutler...pass

19 hours ago, Stark said:

Then you don’t draft him at 3. Not a player that needs to sit for a year or 2. That’s a waste of a top pick

So Aaron Rodgers was a waste of a pick?   So you think if a qb needs to wait 1-2 years , it's not worth it?    .  I think if he sits aleast 10-12 games and learns from bridgewater, and Josh and learns nfl defenses , he will be here for a long time.  

1 hour ago, Jamax99 said:

So Aaron Rodgers was a waste of a pick?   So you think if a qb needs to wait 1-2 years , it's not worth it?    .  I think if he sits aleast 10-12 games and learns from bridgewater, and Josh and learns nfl defenses , he will be here for a long time.  

LOL. How moronic is this comparison.  Rodgers was projected as a number 1 pick that fell due to personality concerns. He fell so far, mid 20’s that a team with a aging qb took him because they got ridiculously good value. And it was a luxury. So yeah that’s the same as taking a guy at 3 that even media and reports say he needs to wait a year. 

Good lord this boards IQ really takes a hit pre-draft. It’s like you all come up with these “oh hey, how about this” but don’t think logically about your proposals. 

Archived