One year from today, Godzilla: King of the Monsters hits theaters!!!

Larz

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Please dont be a preachy environmentalist screed...Please dont be a preachy environmentalist screed....Please dont be a preachy  environmentalist screed...LOL 

"humanity sucks and deserves to be wiped out" is one of the oldest Sci fi themes 

Who cares what the people say anyway. 

It's like picking apart the coed in a bikini walking towards the scary noise lol

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

"humanity sucks and deserves to be wiped out" is one of the oldest Sci fi themes 

Who cares what the people say anyway. 

It's like picking apart the coed in a bikini walking towards the scary noise lol

I can deal with that, its when it becomes sanctimonious and preachy that it  stops being fun.

18 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I can deal with that, its when it becomes sanctimonious and preachy that it  stops being fun.

Godzilla is a metaphor for thermo nuclear devastation 

If environmental preaching isn't your thing, skip godzilla movies 

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

On 7/20/2018 at 3:59 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Have you seen the latest Toho one yet, Godzilla: Resurgence?

Just finished it. Very cool ideas on the evolution ability. 

Not your usual godzilla movie at all. 

Wild final scene, wonder if they will follow up on it

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Bingo.

Although a little bit different, I really like theme in Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack which acts like a direct sequel to the very first Godzilla where he comes back to life, possessed by all the souls of the people killed by Japan in WWII. Very cool.

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Bingo.

Although a little bit different, I really like theme in Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack which acts like a direct sequel to the very first Godzilla where he comes back to life, possessed by all the souls of the people killed by Japan in WWII. Very cool.

In shin godzilla they even show a pic of the Hiroshima aftermath, as they are discussing nuking gojira 

Oh and WOW 

tumblr_oha76aWvCZ1qcqjsdo1_500.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Just finished it. Very cool ideas on the evolution ability. 

Not your usual godzilla movie at all. 

Wild final scene, wonder if they will follow up on it

Oh, yeah, it's definitely more unique than any other Godzilla film, and that final shot gave me legit chills. Seriously, google some high res images of the tail. That sh*t gets under my skin.

Unfortunately, I've heard that they've decided not to pursue a sequel to it. Instead, when Godzilla's rights revert back to Toho in 2020, they want to follow the connected universe style of the MCU (which also sounds pretty awesome).

Perhaps it's for the best, though, because if they continued on down that role, it really wouldn't have been a Godzilla movie anymore. Still, woulda been interesting to see where it went.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, yeah, it's definitely more unique than any other Godzilla film, and that final shot gave me legit chills. Seriously, google some high res images of the tail. That sh*t gets under my skin.

Unfortunately, I've heard that they've decided not to pursue a sequel to it. Instead, when Godzilla's rights revert back to Toho in 2020, they want to follow the connected universe style of the MCU (which also sounds pretty awesome).

Perhaps it's for the best, though, because if they continued on down that role, it really wouldn't have been a Godzilla movie anymore. Still, woulda been interesting to see where it went.

10,000 little godzillas is terrifying, but yes not a godzilla movie anymore 

It's that Brad Pitt zombie movie ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Larz said:

In shin godzilla they even show a pic of the Hiroshima aftermath, as they are discussing nuking gojira 

Oh and WOW 

tumblr_oha76aWvCZ1qcqjsdo1_500.png

Yep. And, as I said earlier in the thread, also had almost a political thriller feel to it. Probably had the most interesting human narrative of any Godzilla movie, imo.

And HER, God, YES. No words...

No words...

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Yes. Godzilla is a METAPHOR  for nuclear weapons. Please, refresh my memory about that  conversation in the original movie where we are scolded and preached to about it. 

The old movies and tye directors let the metaphors speak for themselves. Do you trust  modern Hollywood to do the same? LOL. Just want to see an epic 'Zilla movie, not be scolded and lectured by Vera Farmiga or Tywin Lannister. 

Godzuki?

Godzuki's a boss. Never has much of an impact on defeating the enemies, but he always gives it everything his heart can muster, that you simply can't not love him. The Rontez Miles of the Godzilla world.

• Haha 1

It's official, confirmed by director Michael Dougherty himself at the Warner Brothers Hall H panel during San Diego Comic-Con - there will be more than the four announced Monsters (Rodan, Mothra, King Ghidorah and Godzilla) in Godzilla: King of the Monsters! Of course this has been rumored for months already, it was nice to receive some confirmation of the fact. What other Monsters Dougherty meant, he never clarified and it's unlikely they will be any other Toho-licensed Monsters, but probably some new Monsterverse creations like the MUTOs from the first Godzilla movie.

Although the additional Monster identities remain a mystery and are unlikely to be other Toho Monsters, it hasn't stopped fans from speculating on which Toho Monsters might have been secretly licensed and used for the upcoming film. The most frequently named seem to be Anguirus, Gigan and Baragon.

Despite being highly unlikely, the most probable Monster of those three to be included would be Anguirus, given the relatively easy way to explain his existence and the established alliance between Anguirus and Godzilla which formed over the years. But that's mere speculation at this point.

• Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, Larz said:

Despite being highly unlikely, the most probable Monster of those three to be included would be Anguirus, given the relatively easy way to explain his existence and the established alliance between Anguirus and Godzilla which formed over the years. But that's mere speculation at this point.

I... would... LOVE THAT!!

Probably not, though.

Just now, Larz said:

Probably mutos? Maybe a few muto eggs survived? 

That seems to be the most likely, imo. Would be easy, too, because they've already created them. Can't imagine they'd spend much time on storming up something entirely new and original, what with all the attention going towards the big 3.

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, there will be a scene of them searching for Kong (he won't appear of course) but perhaps they'll encounter other monsters on Skull Island.

Them saying that there will be "others" obviously makes us excited and think that there's gonna more monsters joining the fighting, but it might be something as innocuous as a post-credits scene, or maybe just a minor appearance. I remember hearing about the 2014 movie that there would be "multiple" monsters besides Godzilla, which made me think there were gonna be 2 distinct new monsters. It wasn't. Just different sexes of the same thing.

On 7/23/2018 at 10:41 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

The old movies and tye directors let the metaphors speak for themselves.

This isn't true. Klaatu isn't metaphorical at all. Even the original Godzilla has multiple, literal points where they discuss the dangers of humanity and nuclear weapons.

Robert Heinlein and Asimov didn't beat around the bush at all either. Science fiction is a genre that is expressly in-your-face political by its very nature. It has always been that way going back to the magaziness of the 1940s and 50s; of which some are way, way more preachy than anything in existence today.

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This isn't true. Klaatu isn't metaphorical at all. Even the original Godzilla has multiple, literal points where they discuss the dangers of humanity and nuclear weapons.

Robert Heinlein and Asimov didn't beat around the bush at all either. Science fiction is a genre that is expressly in-your-face political by its very nature. It has always been that way going back to the magaziness of the 1940s and 50s; of which some are way, way more preachy than anything in existence today.

Klaatu? Klaatu Barada Nikto? Love that guy! We go way back...

And dont get me started on Heinlein. Heinleinism is my personal philosophy....lol

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

Klaatu? Klaatu Barada Nikto? Love that guy! We go way back...

And dont get me started on Heinlein. Heinleinism is my personal philosophy....lol

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

I am leaving soon, and you will forgive me if I speak bluntly. The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure. Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly. Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves and hired policemen to enforce them. We, of the other planets, have long accepted this principle. We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets and for the complete elimination of aggression. The test of any such higher authority is, of course, the police force that supports it. For our policemen, we created a race of robots. Their function is to patrol the planets in spaceships like this one and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression, we have given them absolute power over us. This power cannot be revoked. At the first sign of violence, they act automatically against the aggressor. The penalty for provoking their action is too terrible to risk. The result is, we live in peace, without arms or armies, secure in the knowledge that we are free from aggression and war. Free to pursue more... profitable enterprises. Now, we do not pretend to have achieved perfection, but we do have a system, and it works. I came here to give you these facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet, but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder. Your choice is simple: join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am leaving soon, and you will forgive me if I speak bluntly. The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure. Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly. Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves and hired policemen to enforce them. We, of the other planets, have long accepted this principle. We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets and for the complete elimination of aggression. The test of any such higher authority is, of course, the police force that supports it. For our policemen, we created a race of robots. Their function is to patrol the planets in spaceships like this one and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression, we have given them absolute power over us. This power cannot be revoked. At the first sign of violence, they act automatically against the aggressor. The penalty for provoking their action is too terrible to risk. The result is, we live in peace, without arms or armies, secure in the knowledge that we are free from aggression and war. Free to pursue more... profitable enterprises. Now, we do not pretend to have achieved perfection, but we do have a system, and it works. I came here to give you these facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet, but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder. Your choice is simple: join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you.

Ronald Reagan? Love it!! 

LOL. Good stuff.

• 4 months later...
50 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Eh hem...... @Larz, you might want to click on this:

My sister sent it to me just 10 minutes ago. 

It's seriously amazing I just wish they didn't show as much as they did. 

Mothra getting mad was hilarious. 

Movie has serious potential 

Just watched it on the big screen at home 

******* unbelievable how much fun this looks! 

The dirt boy has to be anguirus or baragon 

The other one has to be kumonga the tips of the legs look similar and he appears in the desert and he fights monster 0 in another movie