Jump to content
Larz

One year from today, Godzilla: King of the Monsters hits theaters!!!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:
Klaatu? Klaatu Barada Nikto? Love that guy! We go way back...
 
And dont get me started on Heinlein. Heinleinism is my personal philosophy....lol
 

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

I am leaving soon, and you will forgive me if I speak bluntly. The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure. Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly. Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves and hired policemen to enforce them. We, of the other planets, have long accepted this principle. We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets and for the complete elimination of aggression. The test of any such higher authority is, of course, the police force that supports it. For our policemen, we created a race of robots. Their function is to patrol the planets in spaceships like this one and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression, we have given them absolute power over us. This power cannot be revoked. At the first sign of violence, they act automatically against the aggressor. The penalty for provoking their action is too terrible to risk. The result is, we live in peace, without arms or armies, secure in the knowledge that we are free from aggression and war. Free to pursue more... profitable enterprises. Now, we do not pretend to have achieved perfection, but we do have a system, and it works. I came here to give you these facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet, but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder. Your choice is simple: join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am leaving soon, and you will forgive me if I speak bluntly. The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure. Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly. Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves and hired policemen to enforce them. We, of the other planets, have long accepted this principle. We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets and for the complete elimination of aggression. The test of any such higher authority is, of course, the police force that supports it. For our policemen, we created a race of robots. Their function is to patrol the planets in spaceships like this one and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression, we have given them absolute power over us. This power cannot be revoked. At the first sign of violence, they act automatically against the aggressor. The penalty for provoking their action is too terrible to risk. The result is, we live in peace, without arms or armies, secure in the knowledge that we are free from aggression and war. Free to pursue more... profitable enterprises. Now, we do not pretend to have achieved perfection, but we do have a system, and it works. I came here to give you these facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet, but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder. Your choice is simple: join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you.

Ronald Reagan? Love it!! 

 

LOL. Good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Eh hem...... @Larz, you might want to click on this:

 

 

My sister sent it to me just 10 minutes ago. 

It's seriously amazing I just wish they didn't show as much as they did. 

Mothra getting mad was hilarious. 

Movie has serious potential 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched it on the big screen at home 

******* unbelievable how much fun this looks! 

The dirt boy has to be anguirus or baragon 

The other one has to be kumonga the tips of the legs look similar and he appears in the desert and he fights monster 0 in another movie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2018 at 1:44 PM, Larz said:

The director said that there are more than 4 monsters in the movie 

I think they hinted at baragon and maybe kumonga, the spider, 

Me:

image.thumb.png.a22afdcbdaaaaaa481b61e3fa991043b.png

On 12/10/2018 at 1:56 PM, Larz said:

It might be a megaguirus and anguirus 

Me:

image.png.f79ee17f2aafb955e9c4944db9a939fe.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CTM said:

Looks killer. Used to be really into Godzilla as a kid

^^Favorite monster and idol was Hedorah, the monster that never bathes and crashes 60's theme hippie parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2018 at 12:32 PM, IndianaJet said:

Eh hem...... @Larz, you might want to click on this:

 

 

The child in me just reawakened, went nuts, and murdered the adult in me out of pure excitement and ecstasy.

I am now forever a 10-year old boy trapped in an adult man's body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Do you think I have to be a serious Godzilla fanboy to get serious thrills from this?  If I know Godzilla, Mothra and that's about it....should I know who all these are ones are before seeing the film?

I don't think so. It's a super simple fun plot. 

I might geek out if they make a nod to the originals but this movie looks like a blast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“We have a lot of monsters. I think Gareth [Edwards] had a lot of fun playing cat-and-mouse and I love the slow-build he created. But we definitely take the gloves off for this film. No holding back.”

Translation: We're sorry only 30 minutes of the last movie was good. We promise this and Kong v Godzilla will be awesome.

Well, I'm sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Larz

*Pause at 2:00* OMG Am I seeing things? Is that who I think it is? If so, this movie just grew me another boner!

Don't look closely if you don't want spoilers. Now I kinda wish I hadn't. 🤣

 

Man, and I thought I was excited years ago when I thought it was just gonna be Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidora.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

@Larz

*Pause at 2:00* OMG Am I seeing things? Is that who I think it is? If so, this movie just grew me another boner!

Don't look closely if you don't want spoilers. Now I kinda wish I hadn't. 🤣

 

Man, and I thought I was excited years ago when I thought it was just gonna be Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidora.

Do you mean the fire one? 

Yeah not sure what to make of it other than maybe the old meltdown godzilla 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

@Larz

*Pause at 2:00* OMG Am I seeing things? Is that who I think it is? If so, this movie just grew me another boner!

Don't look closely if you don't want spoilers. Now I kinda wish I hadn't. 🤣

 

Man, and I thought I was excited years ago when I thought it was just gonna be Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidora.

Who else is in this? Bambi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Larz said:

Do you mean the fire one? 

Yeah not sure what to make of it other than maybe the old meltdown godzilla 

Yeah, that one.

I saw something different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larz said:

New rumor that the mountain titan might be gamera? 

Probably not true but if it is gamera this could wind up being the best movie ever lol

Yeah, I saw something about that. Probably not true as Gamera doesn't even exist in the same universe as Godzilla. Not to mention that Gamera was created by a rival company to Toho. Toho did distribute the Heisei series Gamera films, but I don't think they had anything to do with producing them.

Honestly, I would be kinda miffed if it was Gamera and not Anguirus. Would make as much sense as arbitrarily adding in the Colossal Titan from Attack on Titan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social
×