One year from today, Godzilla: King of the Monsters hits theaters!!!

Larz

45 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Do you think I have to be a serious Godzilla fanboy to get serious thrills from this?  If I know Godzilla, Mothra and that's about it....should I know who all these are ones are before seeing the film?

I don't think so. It's a super simple fun plot. 

I might geek out if they make a nod to the originals but this movie looks like a blast. 

“We have a lot of monsters. I think Gareth [Edwards] had a lot of fun playing cat-and-mouse and I love the slow-build he created. But we definitely take the gloves off for this film. No holding back.”

Translation: We're sorry only 30 minutes of the last movie was good. We promise this and Kong v Godzilla will be awesome.

Well, I'm sold.

• Upvote 1

@Larz

*Pause at 2:00* OMG Am I seeing things? Is that who I think it is? If so, this movie just grew me another boner!

Don't look closely if you don't want spoilers. Now I kinda wish I hadn't. ?

Man, and I thought I was excited years ago when I thought it was just gonna be Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidora.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

@Larz

*Pause at 2:00* OMG Am I seeing things? Is that who I think it is? If so, this movie just grew me another boner!

Man, and I thought I was excited years ago when I thought it was just gonna be Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidora.

Do you mean the fire one? 

Yeah not sure what to make of it other than maybe the old meltdown godzilla 

10 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

@Larz

Who else is in this? Bambi?

3 hours ago, Larz said:

New rumor that the mountain titan might be gamera? 

Probably not true but if it is gamera this could wind up being the best movie ever lol

Yeah, I saw something about that. Probably not true as Gamera doesn't even exist in the same universe as Godzilla. Not to mention that Gamera was created by a rival company to Toho. Toho did distribute the Heisei series Gamera films, but I don't think they had anything to do with producing them.

Honestly, I would be kinda miffed if it was Gamera and not Anguirus. Would make as much sense as arbitrarily adding in the Colossal Titan from Attack on Titan.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

@Larz

New stuff I haven't seen before...

This was tweeted today

Then I found this tagged onto the beginning of Trailer 2 - This looks like it's been out for a month....it must be a TV trailer.

Yeah saw it a little while ago 

Saw the trailer before captain marvel it was gorgeous 

I got the AMC app just to set a reminder for when tickets are available lol

Going to a theater with food and alcohol service 

How about you? 

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Yeah saw it a little while ago 

Saw the trailer before captain marvel it was gorgeous 

I got the AMC app just to set a reminder for when tickets are available lol

Going to a theater with food and alcohol service 

How about you? 

Depends on how it is released.  There is a "true" IMAX screen about 5 minutes from where I work, so if any of this was actually filmed in 70mm (which I doubt), I'll go watch it there.

If not, there's another IMAX theater near where I live that has reserved seating, reclining seats and a bar in the lobby so I'll hit that place up with a few of my buddies. 

• Upvote 1

Want these.

And I love how Hedorah's all "I ain't bowing to you pesky little humans"

https://designyoutrust.com/2019/03/godzilla-and-fellow-kaiju-monsters-apologise-at-japanese-press-conference-for-acts-of-destruction/

1-45.jpg?iv=57

The world of gachapon vending machine capsule toys just got even weirder with a new lineup of figurines from top Japanese toy producer Bandai. Called the “Godzilla Toho Monsters Press Conference”, the series depicts Godzilla, along with three other kaiju monsters from the acclaimed movie production and distribution company Toho, all appearing at fictional press conferences, complete with microphone stand and name plaque.

These types of formal apologies are commonly seen on television news reports around Japan, in cases where high-profile politicians and celebrities formally atone for scandals and wrongdoings, expressing remorse to the public with deep, heartfelt bows. Only this time, it’s a group of well-known movie monsters making amends for their actions.

h/t: soranews24

Here, Mechagodzilla bows deeply, in formal stance with his hands by his side. At the front of the table is a scroll that reads “Hakai Koui” or “Acts of Destruction“, so the public can know exactly what he’s apologising for.
2-43.jpg?iv=57

Godzilla’s archenemy King Ghidorah bows all three heads in regret.
3-43.jpg?iv=57

Hedorah, also known as The Smog Monster, is the only one to forgo the formal bow, replacing it instead with a long stare into the crowd with vertical red-and-yellow eyes.
4-42.jpg?iv=57

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I received an alert from fandango that tickets are on sale around 7 tonight 

still can’t get them 

fandango, amc and atom app all show movie times and allow you to pick a seat but it doesn’t go through 

wonder if it’s related to Spider-Man tickets going on sale, maybe they didn’t want another crash 

very poorly handled 

14 hours ago, Larz said:

So happy I got the best seats in my favorite theater, now I can just geek out and enjoy it 

My girlfriend wouldn't come with me to see Endgame on the first night.  The morning the tickets went on sale, I bought three.

One for me and the two seats on both sides of me so that I didn't get stuck next to some oversized smelly redneck chomping on popcorn and nachos all movie.  It was glorious and well worth the extra $32 I spent for two empty seats.

Tickets to the IMax I go to haven't gone on sale yet.  I doubt it will be a complete sell out but I she ain't coming to watch Godzilla with me, so I might use the same strategy.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

My girlfriend wouldn't come with me to see Endgame on the first night.  The morning the tickets went on sale, I bought three.

One for me and the two seats on both sides of me so that I didn't get stuck next to some oversized smelly redneck chomping on popcorn and nachos all movie.  It was glorious and well worth the extra $32 I spent for two empty seats.

Tickets to the IMax I go to haven't gone on sale yet.  I doubt it will be a complete sell out but I she ain't coming to watch Godzilla with me, so I might use the same strategy.

I’ve actually thoughts of that but never tried it lol

i May buy 8 seats to insulate me from the loud eaters and bag crinklers for Godzilla vs Kong!!!

why can’t we get headphones? Some sort of Bluetooth thing?

the biggest complaint I have about going to the movies is the crowd noise 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Too tired for a full review but for Godzilla fans it’s 4 out of 5 mothra eggs, casual fans more like 2 eggs 

they did some things much better than the 2014 movie but committed some of the same sins I suspect due to cgi limitations 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

Too tired for a full review but for Godzilla fans it’s 4 out of 5 mothra eggs, casual fans more like 2 eggs 

they did some things much better than the 2014 movie but committed some of the same sins I suspect due to cgi limitations 

I saw it tonight. I am a casual fan I agree with your assessment. People who were bigger fans that went with me liked it more. I thought it was good though.

But and this isn't much of a spoiler, Fenway Park gets destroyed. So that gets an A+ rating from me alone!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2