Jets Sign Pryor

Mecca

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I don't see how how you get from A to B here.  It is possible.  But "likely?"

Robby is as talented as almost any young WR in the league.  If they haven't cut him by now.  They certainly aren't going to cut him because they signed a guy on his 3rd team in 3 seasons to a one year deal.

Robby Anderson has continuously made this organization look like clowns...more than the Jets have themselves. I love his on field play but I don’t see a situation where they carry

Anderson, Pryor, Hurns, Kearse, Enunwa, Stewart, Hanson, and any other bench warmer that they already have...

thats 8-9 WR’s. You don’t typically see that many signed to one team. Someone isn’t getting playing time if that happens. Anderson makes the most sense given his off the field BS. 

So I don’t understand how you don’t understand the travel from A to B. 

Am I missing something here or do teams regularly carry 20 WR’s on the roster just because they are nice to have?

Just now, prime21 said:

Caporoso said a Hurns signing could mean Kearse gets cut.

Hurns signing definitely means someone is going. It doesn’t make sense any other way to me.

Kearse wouldn’t be my pick though. Maybe he is. He’s 28. Not that it’s bad to be 28 but he seems to be more reliable off the field. I dunno tbh.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Hurns signing definitely means someone is going. It doesn’t make sense any other way to me.

Kearse wouldn’t be my pick though. Maybe he is. He’s 28. Not that it’s bad to be 28 but he seems to be more reliable off the field. I dunno tbh.

I like Kearse but isn't Hurns just a better version of him?  

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Robby Anderson has continuously made this organization look like clowns...more than the Jets have themselves. I love his on field play but I don’t see a situation where they carry

Anderson, Pryor, Hurns, Kearse, Enunwa, Stewart, Hanson, and any other bench warmer that they already have...

thats 8-9 WR’s. You don’t typically see that many signed to one team. Someone isn’t getting playing time if that happens. Anderson makes the most sense given his off the field BS. 

So I don’t understand how you don’t understand the travel from A to B. 

Man I missing something here or do teams regularly carry 20 WR’s on the roster just because they are nice to have?

Stewart and Hansen are not making the roster over Robby Anderson. 

And as far as I know, Hurns hasnt picked a team yet.  Frankly, Robby is a better WR than Hurns anyway.  He is a better receiver than Pryor.  In fact, I think he is the best offensive player on the Jets roster.

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Caporoso said a Hurns signing could mean Kearse gets cut.

That would be stupid IMO. You need depth at the position and Kearse is consistent. The Jets are thin at the position right now and subtracting a proven consistent guy like Kearse would be pretty dumb.

Just now, prime21 said:

I like Kearse but isn't Hurns just a better version of him?  

Sure when he isn’t constantly injured. Kearse is a reliable calming presence for a locker room that will be going thru a few changes. 

I’d keep Kearse over Anderson...but don’t really care either way. I don’t have a personal vendetta with Anderson like other seem to. I just recognize a millennial clown when I see one because I am only a year or two younger than Anderson. The things he does and the things he says.... I see this BS daily from dudes my own age range and I know exactly how they are. I grew up with people like this. From grade school on up.

He is a clown.

But he plays good so idc to be honest but my preferred keeper would be Kearse

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Stewart and Hansen are not making the roster over Robby Anderson. 

And as far as I know, Hurns hasnt picked a team yet.  Frankly, Robby is a better WR than Hurns anyway.  He is a better receiver than Pryor.  In fact, I think he is the best offensive player on the Jets roster.

We aren’t releasing 3rd and 4th round picks a year into their careers just because we signed two other players. 

LOL. No......

it makes more sense if the trouble maker was the one gone. Im just saying. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

They put a second rounder tender on him. He’s set to come back still...

I meant in that post Dcat responded to.  Anderson and Pryor with Hurns in the slot.  Enunwa can't be the 4th wheel.  Or can he?

29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Signing Hurns too would likely mean the end for Robby Anderson.

Not at all.  Hurns, Anderson, Kearse, Pryor, Enunwa of healthy and maybe Hanson. Put Stewart on practice squad if the think he has any hope. Dump Kerley if he's even still on the roster.

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I meant in that post Dcat responded to.  Anderson and Pryor with Hurns in the slot.  Enunwa can't be the 4th wheel.  Or can he?

4th wheel doesn’t seem like a fit to me.. 

Hes big and speedy...slot seems better for him or even the outside role..but then where is Kearse?

just definitely a situation where someone goes. But hell, we don’t even know if we sign Hurns so I guess we are just talking for the sake of talking right now. Let’s find out first.

I love the guys acting like we can't sign Hurns because we would have too much talent at WR. First off, Anderson may get suspended. Who knows if Enunwa will be the same player and/or stay healthy. The 2nd year players are unproven. And Kearse is simply a very solid player. 

And we have them all for the price of Watkins. That's how a smart GM builds a good young team that isn't going to cripple your cap space in the future. 

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love the guys acting like we can't sign Hurns because we would have too much talent at WR. First off, Anderson may get suspended. Who knows if Enunwa will be the same player and/or stay healthy. The 2nd year players are unproven. And Kearse is simply a very solid player. 

And we have them all for the price of Watkins. That's how a smart GM builds a good young team that isn't going to cripple your cap space in the future. 

No one is saying they can’t sign him because of too much talent...what is being said is there just literally won’t be enough playing time to go around and their best fit roles may get compromised by that kind of situation. If Anderson gets suspended or cut then so be it..makes sense. If Enunwa can’t return to form than so be it..makes sense.

But that is the only way it really works in my mind is if someone goes.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

No one is saying they can’t sin him because of too much talent...what is being said is there just literally won’t be enough playing time to go around and their best fit roles may get compromised by that kind of situation. If Anderson gets suspended or cut then so be it..makes sense. If Enunwa can’t return to form than so be it..makes sense.

But that is the only way it really works in my mind is if someone goes.

Eventually? Yes. But none of these guys are expensive and effecting our cap. There is no need to Panic-cut a player.

They weren't going to cut Anderson, but if they go into camp and Hurns/Enunwa/Pryor all look good and the kids Hansen/Stewart get better I could see them holding on to Anderson through a suspension and if the WR Corps looks great without him, they may just get rid of him then. 

They didn't cut Harris until late, i am sure they won't mind cutting Anderson  1/2 games into the season. He will land on his feet. It's not like there is a cap savings by cutting him now anyway. 

Flexibility is good. 

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Anderson suspended probably 4 games and switch enunwa to TE

There is zero chance he gets a 4 game suspension. He didn't beat up a women, he didn't take steroids. He basically was being pulled over and instead of stopping he tried to speed away. Then he was a complete lunatic/a$$hole to a cop. Those aren't generally grounds for 4 game suspensions. Sheldon Richardson's situation was worse (there was a 12 year in his car, he was going like 140 and the car smelled like weed) and he only got 1 game. 

With the amount of cap room the Jets have, even if they end up overloaded at the position, they'll have no motivation to get moving on decision-making anytime soon.  They could easily let them all fight it out in camp and let the play / health make the decisions for them, or if they end up with more success at the position than they know what to do with, they can start shopping a couple of them around on the trade market.  None of the guys are the type who are in a position to insist on being guaranteed anything, so there's little reason they need to worry about sorting this all out until final cuts.

Archived