Jets Sign Pryor

Mecca

our gm really sucks- there were some legit wrs that we could have signed-landry, arod and crabtree as examples and we had the money to do so-we signed a guy who was beyond awful last year and people like the signing....I dont care if he was free-we have maybe the worst wrs core in the league that guys like to pump up-if cut most would not even make other teams to start for them-sad that the browns have a legit wr core and a legit back in landry gordon and hyde-

we need a qb and if you want one to do well give him some weapons-I feel bad for the qb we draft-scrub rb no real te and a poor wr core

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Doesn't say much for our draft picks.

If we sign Hurns it will really be a sad indictment on them.

If the Jets cut Kearse it would be monumentally stupid.

Yeah, i don't know why 3rd/4th round picks haven't emerged as #1 WRs in one season. Fire Macc!!!!

9 minutes ago, kmnj said:

our gm really sucks- there were some legit wrs that we could have signed-landry, arod and crabtree as examples and we had the money to do so-we signed a guy who was beyond awful last year and people like the signing....I dont care if he was free-we have maybe the worst wrs core in the league that guys like to pump up-if cut most would not even make other teams to start for them-sad that the browns have a legit wr core and a legit back in landry gordon and hyde-

we need a qb and if you want one to do well give him some weapons-I feel bad for the qb we draft-scrub rb no real te and a poor wr core

The only factual statement here is that we have no real TE. 

1 minute ago, Jazy8ball said:

The only factual statement here is that we have no real TE. 

so we could  not have had landry arod or crabree? they were not FA? we went after none of them and signed a guy that was so bad last year he was benched even when they had tons of injuries and needed a wr

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

At this point, Hurns may not be a target. What we need is a #1 WR. We haven’t had one in a long long time, save for one year of Brandon. 

but our gm is so great I mean why sign landry crabree or arod? we got terrible pyror who was so bad redskins benched him when the other starters were hurt

Just now, kmnj said:

so we could  not have had landry arod or crabree? they were not FA? we went after none of them and signed a guy that was so bad last year he was benched even when they had tons of injuries and needed a wr

We very well may have gone after them..  That does not mean that they were going to sign with us. In fact there was a report out there that we made an offer to arob but he wanted to play in Chicago, not sure if that was confirmed tho

2 minutes ago, Jazy8ball said:

We very well may have gone after them..  That does not mean that they were going to sign with us. In fact there was a report out there that we made an offer to arob but he wanted to play in Chicago, not sure if that was confirmed tho

our gm failed us -the browns gm schooled ours and were are running out ex browns castoffs as our offensive core-cant make that sh*t up

qb-browns scrub-rb browns scrub pryor two years removed from browns

same time browns sign landry and hyde

8 minutes ago, j4jets said:

At this point, Hurns may not be a target. What we need is a #1 WR. We haven’t had one in a long long time, save for one year of Brandon. 

Only one left that might sorta be available via trade is Dez Bryant 

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

but our gm is so great I mean why sign landry crabree or arod? we got terrible pyror who was so bad redskins benched him when the other starters were hurt

Macc literally forgot the wr and tight end positions existed

9 minutes ago, j4jets said:

The Eagles didn't have one player with over 900 yards receiving last year.  I would LOVE a #1 guy and really wanted Allen Robinson, but if we have Hurns/Pryor/Anderson/Enunwa/Kearse that is a very deep/talented group of WRs and more than enough to win with. Even without Hurns it's good enough and has the talent to get even better. 

What we need is a franchise QB....

58 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Um....  Landry was NOT a free agent.  How could the jets have signed him under the Dolphin's Franchise tag?  Mac would have had to trade with a divisional enemy, which of course would never happen, so what in the world are you talking about with Landry?  You, sir are making no sense at all.  Stop. Take a breath and think rationally.

You're also not making sense about the actual WR UFA's.  Outside of Robinson, and the oft-injured Jordy Nelson,  there were no elite WRs in FA (and Watson hasn't proven he is elite... just a colossal under-performer and injury risk.  Not worth $16 million per year, which is what he got).  Landry wasn't a FA, he was traded, so he doesn't count.

Here's the list of FA WRs:

Allen Robinson.. was able to fulfill his childhood dream becoming a Bear. He turned down more than one offer for more money including the Jets, per unconfirmed reports.  But one of our insiders here alluded to that as well. Chicago, was his "dream" destination from the very beginning. Mac tried.  Not his fault.

Sammy Watkins.. looks like Mac never even considered him. Perhaps the Jets didn't want to spend $16 million per year on a guy who is injured each and every year and has generally under-performed.  Lesser talent did a lot more than him on the Rams and the Rams were fine letting him leave.  Looks like an intentional pass and this injury plagued WR. Glad Mac passed on this chronic liability. Smart decision to pass on him.

Paul Richardson..  Don't know what the Jets thought about him or if they considered him.  Another player with a lengthy injury history like Watkins, but I really think he has huge upside and was disappointed that Mac appeared not to try. Dude got 5 years, $40 million (not sure guaranteed money).  Worth it IMO. 

Jordy Nelson..  Man.... I would have liked him here. Injury history.  Not sure why Jets didn't kick tires. Was disappointed.

Michael Crabtree..  Yet another headache.  Sporadically a good player but, like Richardson above, not elite but this one has a reputation for being a real biatch.  A great big NO THANK YOU for Crabtree.

John Brown..  Injury history, average WR when healthy.  Only got a 1-year prove it.  I would much rather have Pryor with more talent and upside.

Donte Moncrief.. Only got a 1-year prove it.  I prefer Pryor's upside.

Ryan Grant..  bench fodder who couldn't even pass his physical

Torrey Smith..  over the hill, one-dimensional.  Not a good option for us.

Taylor Gabriel..  Jag who was overpaid by Chicago.  Pass.

Deonte Thompson.. Jag.  Pass

Albert Wilson..  3 yrs $24 million?????  What has this guy done to earn that?  Same ol' Tannenbaum

Danny Amendola..  good player.  Still would rather have the speed and downfield ability of Pryor over Amendola.  Age is a factor here too.

Mike Wallace..  age and he's nothing special anyway with the occasional deep ball catch.  Would rather have Pryor.

Dude, you greatly exaggerate what we "missed out on" .  Outside of a couple of guys, there wasn't that much to crow about on the UFA WR market this year.

41 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Landry wasn't a free agent.  Duh.  You think Miami would have traded him to us?  LOL.  right

Pryor was injured last year.  Mac offered A Rob more money than Chicago (as did some other teams, per reports).

13 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There is zero chance he gets a 4 game suspension. He didn't beat up a women, he didn't take steroids. He basically was being pulled over and instead of stopping he tried to speed away. Then he was a complete lunatic/a$$hole to a cop. Those aren't generally grounds for 4 game suspensions. Sheldon Richardson's situation was worse (there was a 12 year in his car, he was going like 140 and the car smelled like weed) and he only got 1 game. 

We'll see... he is a repeat offender

Archived