Report: Jets Offering Most Money for Ndamukong Suh

Grandy

11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

No, he took whole games off.  Like both of the Jets games, against an awful C.  Plus he's a locker room pain in the ass.  That's why we are even having this discussion.  I can't imagine why the Jets are even considering him.  But, Todd loves him I guess

He got double team a lot during those games and every game at that  . But whatever u say . Still a top 10 defensive player in this league . 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be the classic case of if we sign him, fans will be excited about it and talking smack ("look out Brady!").  But if he signs elsewhere or he leaves after next year, it will be "I'm glad he's someone else's problem now!" and "don't let the door hit you on the way out, scvmbag!"

I don't really care either way. I think he is dominant, he's just an as*hole. I think the purge of old talent was because of money and effort. If he is a cancer then bad move. If the effort is there and we have to spend the money then I don't think it's a bad move.

I think if fans can get over the name-hype (and themselves) they would see this as a good move.

Despite spending 734,345 First Round Picks on Defensive Linemen, we never did find much an interior pass rush... or any pass rush. Don't think that's going to change by without adding some talent. 

The reasons the Miami Dolphins are expected to cut Ndamukong Suh go beyond cap savings

March 12, 2018 01:43 PM

Updated March 12, 2018 04:59 PM

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports it's "less than a sure thing" free agent Ndamukong Suh signs with the Jets.

The Jets have emerged as one of the top landing spots for Suh. The Rams still look to be the favorites, but the Jets have the most cap space and made Suh the largest offer. New Orleans and Tennessee also remain in the mix.

OMG...you guys have to be kidding me.

why would you not want to sign this guy?

Want to live with the narative that Mac has not made the team better? Suh makes the team better.

Nobody is claiming he's the old Suh - but he will, in fact, make the NYJ a better team.

I find it funny - when we find "good character" guys - it's always about Mac and Bowles being conservative - "good Locker guys" don't make good football players...but when they want to bring in talented, yet flawed people...it's about destroying the locker room..

Look, I haven't seen the contract number but to say it's a bad deal simply because the Jet are doing it is simply wrong.

He's a good player that will make the NJY a better team - just a matter of at what cost.

Suh is a signing I don't get for either party, other than financially.  The Jets have money to spend, and Suh wants to get paid.

Can anybody give me ONE good reason for either side other than $$$ that this match works? Dare to try for two reasons?

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Suh is a signing I don't get for either party, other than financially.  The Jets have money to spend, and Suh wants to get paid.

Can anybody give me ONE good reason for either side other than $$$ that this match works? Dare to try for two reasons?

Other than Leonard Williams the Jets DL is a bunch of JAG's 

Just now, RoadFan said:

Bowles has a man crush on Suh, as stated earlier in this thread just go back, and listen to every presser Bowles has done during the week leading up to a Jets Dolphins game.  Bowles probably envisions Suh as his Calais Campbell.  

Suh reasons for signing here, $$$$$$, Bowles being a Defensive minded players coach, NY market for after football aspirations, and of course Jamaal Adams leadership will have hypnotized him ?.

The main thing for Suh thou is his after football aspirations which is why the Jets, or Rams will be the landing spot for him, Suh probably hoping the Rams will stretch the pockets a little more now that (most likely his agent) the Jets offering the most money is leaked through the media conveniently even thou he hasn’t taken a visit.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Other than Leonard Williams the Jets DL is a bunch of JAG's 

In a 3-4 you don’t necessarily need anything better then JAG’s outside of 1 player, it’s the 4 LB’s they need to make the plays, the Jets have put their resources into the front 7 ass backwards.  It’s why I proposed the trade poll in my other thread.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

In a 3-4 you don’t necessarily need anything better then JAG’s outside of 1 player, it’s the 4 LB’s they need to make the plays, the Jets have put their resources into the front 7 ass backwards.  It’s why I proposed the trade poll in my other thread.

Ok so we have JAG LB's what are you saying? 

11 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

1) He fills a glaring need with all pro type talent.

2) he functions best on a team where he is not expected to be a leader. Jamal has made it known to all that he is the leader of the D.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

OMG...you guys have to be kidding me.

why would you not want to sign this guy?

Want to live with the narative that Mac has not made the team better? Suh makes the team better.

Nobody is claiming he's the old Suh - but he will, in fact, make the NYJ a better team.

I find it funny - when we find "good character" guys - it's always about Mac and Bowles being conservative - "good Locker guys" don't make good football players...but when they want to bring in talented, yet flawed people...it's about destroying the locker room..

Look, I haven't seen the contract number but to say it's a bad deal simply because the Jet are doing it is simply wrong.

He's a good player that will make the NJY a better team - just a matter of at what cost.

I agree.  They said Suh was too much of an individual to be a leader, they also said, the Fins had a leadership vacuum.  The Jets are one year ahead of the Dolphins when it comes trying to developing leaders.  Time will show if Adams, Leonard Williams and Trumaine Johnson will be effective leaders.  Hopefully Suh doesn't have to worry about leading and he can just play his game.  

Archived