Report: Jets Offering Most Money for Ndamukong Suh

Grandy

Obviously you guys are being fooled by Suh's ability and not reality. The guy does not play for an HC, his teammates, or anything but himself. Didn't we learn this lesson with Mo? You want to actually put this Me first guy on a team with the young developing guys we have and expect good things to happen? Not to mention an HC who plays scared and conservatively most of the time? Can you say disaster waiting to happen? Yeah let's put Suh on a team in the biggest media market in country. Yeah nothing can go wrong there. The very idea is LOL ridiculous.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

This might be the first signing that makes me scratch my head.

I get it from a talent point of view, and money is no object at the moment (100 million plus next year and nary anybody to spend that on) but from a culture perspective... won't Suh be a problem?

I know he's got a rep on the field, does anybody have a more detailed knowledge of how he is among teammates?

He was voted team captain in Miami.

4 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

The reasons the Miami Dolphins are expected to cut Ndamukong Suh go beyond cap savings

March 12, 2018 01:43 PM

Updated March 12, 2018 04:59 PM

Dolphins getting rid of bad guys like Suh so they can bring in guys like Brock osweiller who was a cancer in Houston.

Miami unloaded Suh because our boy Mr T put them in cap hell. They wanted to make some moves and could only do it by cutting Suh and trading away Landry. 

I'm not suggesting Suh is a choir boy but he's also not getting arrested for drugs, beating women or knocking around paraplegics...... Yeah, the NFL bar for good guys is real low

23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Dolphins getting rid of bad guys like Suh so they can bring in guys like Brock osweiller who was a cancer in Houston.

Miami unloaded Suh because our boy Mr T put them in cap hell. They wanted to make some moves and could only do it by cutting Suh and trading away Landry. 

I'm not suggesting Suh is a choir boy but he's also not getting arrested for drugs, beating women or knocking around paraplegics...... Yeah, the NFL bar for good guys is real low

The author of the article States it was a mistake to give Suh all that money and he is not a team guy. He must have a better handle on the situation than you or I have. While Suh is not a member of the NFL's most wanted that is not a reason to sign him. I agree the bar is low but you have to draw the line somewhere and I really think Suh is a mistake for this team. Especially with weak ass Bowles as the HC.

13 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

If pro players need to be motivated, you have the wrong players

Agree problem is Bowles does worse than "not motivate." He actively demotivates by rewarding selfish thug turd behavior.

Ok with this if it happens...at the right price.

As long as Suh is not being signed here under the same premise as with Miami to be “THE MAN”

His stats aren’t glaring and they don’t need to be. He draws enough attention to where Leo, Williamson, Lee can have a little more freedom to compile stats. Things that players like Wake, Vernon, and Branch benefited from playing alongside him.

It really all boils down to the money spent, but there is no denying he makes this defense better.

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Suh is not a choir boy is a dominant force on the field. I would dare to compare him to Sapp on the field, a player may complain about not drafting. As for so many POS type comments I would suggest you check out some of his charity work and see if that opinion is totally warranted. Sorry do not know how to copy and paste or I would have saved you any trouble If you care to be fair in your opinion process 

2 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Suh is not a choir boy is a dominant force on the field. I would dare to compare him to Sapp on the field, a player may complain about not drafting. As for so many POS type comments I would suggest you check out some of his charity work and see if that opinion is totally warranted. Sorry do not know how to copy and paste or I would have saved you any trouble If you care to be fair in your opinion process 

No amount of charitable work will make me think Suh is not a dirty play. I would say that makes me think a little better of him but the dirty player tag is going to be glued to his name for his career. I don't really care one way or the other, I think he definitely makes our defense better. Money is obviously not an issue, my only problem would be his locker room presence. If they think that will check out then I could get down with him.

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

No amount of charitable work will make me think Suh is not a dirty play. I would say that makes me think a little better of him but the dirty player tag is going to be glued to his name for his career. I don't really care one way or the other, I think he definitely makes our defense better. Money is obviously not an issue, my only problem would be his locker room presence. If they think that will check out then I could get down with him.

Suh will carry that rep forever on the field but as some have mentioned he has cleaned his act up. Just trying to point out he is not the total POS some have implied 

31 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Suh will carry that rep forever on the field but as some have mentioned he has cleaned his act up. Just trying to point out he is not the total POS some have implied 

Exactly the same Jets fans acted the same way when Jason Taylor was signed, if the guy can contribute to success here, why not. 

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly the same Jets fans acted the same way when Jason Taylor was signed, if the guy can contribute to success here, why not. 

Jason Taylor is human garbage and that signing was an open insult to anyone who cares about this team.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Jason Taylor is human garbage and that signing was an open insult to anyone who cares about this team.

Root for the uniform the NFL is a business every team has its fair share of scumbags, its all about winning and filling the stadium. 

53 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is to appease Bowles who had a complete mental breakdown when he was told they traded up to 3 and was drafting a quarterback that he is expected to play within a year max.

Its a hedge. Which is all these two boobs do. We'll trade picks to get the QB, we just wont play him and to compensate for the lost picks we'll sign guys on Todd's Christmas list. Total sh*tshow.

If we don't sign him I won't be brokenhearted. He's a player who is not easy to root for since he likes to step on other players (when they are on the ground) and mash them. Hopefully not his own teammates even though reportedly he was not beloved in the Fins locker room. But if we sign him ok, I had no prob with the Jason Taylor signing.

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

I think if fans can get over the name-hype (and themselves) they would see this as a good move.

Despite spending 734,345 First Round Picks on Defensive Linemen, we never did find much an interior pass rush... or any pass rush. Don't think that's going to change by without adding some talent. 

We actually did. Ironically enough, the best DT that we got was an undrafted rookie that we allowed to sign with the Giants, and we kept Mo Wilkerson instead. 

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Its a hedge. Which is all these two boobs do. We'll trade picks to get the QB, we just wont play him and to compensate for the lost picks we'll sign guys on Todd's Christmas list. Total sh*tshow.

It's a hedge to continue to prove that they're trying to win now in addition to building an offense of the future.  This, and the reality that they probably still need to spend money this year.

Guys I've seen Suh's act up close and personal when he was with the Lions. Think about it. A franchise with their history of losing doesn't let players with his talent go without a reason. I've posted an article that refutes his "changed" attitude from another team that just released him. If that doesn't convince you I don't know what will. The facts are there. Suh is a me first guy who will eventually wear out his welcome pretty quick going by past history and should be avoided. He may have shined up his act on the surface but deep down he is what he is. A leopard doesn't change it's spots and in this case it has never been more so.

47 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I don't remember Taylor ever saying the Jets were a bottom of the barrel team that he never wanted to play for like Cumar did..;)

2 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RM7lw0Ovzq0

39 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is really what I'm worried about. We can assemble the best talent in the NFL, but I have serious reservations about Bowles' ability to put it all together to create a winning team. I'm afraid we might become the Redskins as long as he's head coach. The reality is that Bowles is a moron who really shouldn't be there anymore.

2 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

This is really what I'm worried about. We can assemble the best talent in the NFL, but I have serious reservations about Bowles' ability to put it all together to create a winning team. I'm afraid we might become the Redskins as long as he's head coach. The reality is that Bowles is a moron who really shouldn't be there anymore.

If Macc loads the roster with stars and Bowles fails he's gone its quite simple and I support it.

17 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Guys I've seen Suh's act up close and personal when he was with the Lions. Think about it. A franchise with their history of losing doesn't let players with his talent go without a reason. I've posted an article that refutes his "changed" attitude from another team that just released him. If that doesn't convince you I don't know what will. The facts are there. Suh is a me first guy who will eventually wear out his welcome pretty quick going by past history and should be avoided. He may have shined up his act on the surface but deep down he is what he is. A leopard doesn't change it's spots and in this case it has never been more so.

If I remember right lions couldn’t afford to keep him or Fairly . The idea that losing team doesn’t let good players go is ridiculous. Cause we let Revis and Vilma go and both where key parts of championship teams . 

We actually did. Ironically enough, the best DT that we got was an undrafted rookie that we allowed to sign with the Giants, and we kept Mo Wilkerson instead. 
Snacks was a mistake. LEO hasn't been elite either....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

If I remember right lions couldn’t afford to keep him or Fairly . The idea that losing team doesn’t let good players go is ridiculous. Cause we let Revis and Vilma go and both where key parts of championship teams

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

If I remember right lions couldn’t afford to keep him or Fairly . The idea that losing team doesn’t let good players go is ridiculous. Cause we let Revis and Vilma go and both where key parts of championship teams . 

Now who is being ridiculous? The Lions could have kept Suh if they wanted too. They made the decision to let him go as addition by subtraction. Believe me if Suh had any value to them they would have kept him to build around. Suh's need to be the highest paid defensive player forced the Lions hand. More proof of his "me first" bullsh*t. Suh was offered 17 mil per with a guaranteed 58 mil by the Lions. The Dolphins offered a deal that paid him 19 mil per but only guaranteed 60 mil of it. So for 2 mil more guaranteed over the life of the deal he left a team with a defense that was on the rise. They led the league in rushing defense with Suh there and he took a deal that only guaranteed him 2 mil more OVER THE LIFE OF THE DEAL. No evidence of "me first" there huh?

Archived