2018 NFL Draft Bold Predictions

Lupz27

Giants trade OBJ and the number 2 pick to the Browns for the number 1 pick and an early second rounder.  Giants select Sam Darnold, Browns select Josh Allen and Saquon Barkley.  Jets select Josh Rosen.  Giants use the early 2nd to find their RB.

14 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Browns draft a RB at #1 overall, and then select one of their top-2 QBs at #3 following a trade with the Jets. 

CLE gets: 1(3), 3(72)

NYJ get: 1(4), 2(33), 5(150), and 6(175)

Hmmmm...but wouldn't the Jets then be giving up the possibility of drafting THEIR QB so the Browns can get theirs?? 

For example. Lets say the Browns take Barkley #1, then the Giants take Darnold, then the Browns move up from 4 and take one of the QBs the Jets like. I assume there would have to be a pinky swear type of understanding that the Browns really want Allen and the Jets really want Rosen...or vice versa. 

Just seems like an odd prediction, lol. 

On 3/23/2018 at 7:33 PM, Lupz27 said:

Here is mine Only 2 QB’s get drafted in the top 10.

This is def. bold b/c its all but guaranteed that the Browns and Jets go after QBs in the top 10. So you are pretty much predicting the Broncos pass on a QB at 5 and no QB needy team moves up into the top 10 for one of the other top 5 QBs. 

Just now, PepPep said:

This is def. bold b/c its all but guaranteed that the Browns and Jets go after QBs in the top 10. So you are pretty much predicting the Broncos pass on a QB at 5 and no QB needy team moves up into the top 10 for one of the other top 5 QBs. 

Yes very bold, I made this bold statement before realizing that Josh Allen is really that coveted high in this draft.  But hey I already made the bold statement lol.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes very bold, I made this bold statement before realizing that Josh Allen is really that coveted high in this draft.  But hey I already made the bold statement lol.

Well, I would agree b/c I think if Rosen and Darnold are off the board I think it's likely (unlike what so many seem to believe) Elway/the Broncos pass on Allen at 5. BUT I just can't imagine another team won't want to move up for Allen or even Mayfield somewhere in the top 10. Bills and Cards immediately come to mind.  

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Well, I would agree b/c I think if Rosen and Darnold are off the board I think it's likely (unlike what so many seem to believe) Elway/the Broncos pass on Allen at 5. BUT I just can't imagine another team won't want to move up for Allen or even Mayfield somewhere in the top 10. Bills and Cards immediately come to mind.  

The main reason I think if you don’t get picked by 5 your not going in the top 10 is that 6-10 all are pretty much coveting the same guys so if you trade back your gonna lose your top guys guaranteed, and the talent level falls off hard.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I know many disagree but for me if it was anything other than Darnold I'll go off the deep end.

I do think the Jets would pick Darnold in that scenario. I think Mayfield is the likely pick, Darnold the dream pick for the Jets.

Archived