Josh Rosen Interviewed By Rich Eisen

TuscanyTile2

Says Peyton Manning is his guy (I'm guessing he probably sees himself in that mold).  Says he grew up an Eagles fan.  At 17:17 he says "I was not a Patriots' fan as one of the first games I saw was the Patriots beating my Eagles" (referring to the 1st Pats/Eagles Superbowl).  He had private workouts with the Bills, Browns, Jets and Giants.

EDIT: I just finished watching it.  Overall, kind of a bland interview.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Told myself I wouldn't play any favorites because the jets would surely get someone else. Nope. Completely rooting for this kid. Gonna really suck when we're left with Allen.

I'm all in. He's the best QB we have a realistic shot at getting. 

5 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Told myself I wouldn't play any favorites because the jets would surely get someone else. Nope. Completely rooting for this kid. Gonna really suck when we're left with Allen.

I feel pretty sure that Rosen is going to be our pick.  Teams love the big-bodied QBs with "those traits".

11 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm all in. He's the best QB we have a realistic shot at getting. 

I think the odds are we get him.  Darnold should be first.  The giants can take barkley, chubb, allen or trade the pick.  If they trade the pick, it's probably to buffalo, who takes allen I'm guessing.  I think the reality setting into my brain is that the jets aren't taking mayfield and we're getting allen or Rosen.

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

not sure we have any shot at him....just like we love him I'm sure there is enough love from other teams too..so either the jints will pick him or trade that pick to someone like Denver and we still dont get him. Dont get your hopes up fellas

That's pretty much where I am...I have no doubt Mac would grab him if he falls. I just think the Giants will stick it to us (again) and either take him or send him to Elway.

2 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

not sure we have any shot at him....just like we love him I'm sure there is enough love from other teams too..so either the jints will pick him or trade that pick to someone like Denver and we still dont get him. Dont get your hopes up fellas

I think Denver isn't burning picks to get to 5, they're more in win now mode and they could still get a premium guy at 5.  Denver can stay put and get mayfield worst case.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I think the odds are we get him.  Darnold should be first.  The giants can take barkley, chubb, allen or trade the pick.  If they trade the pick, it's probably to buffalo, who takes allen I'm guessing.  I think the reality setting into my brain is that the jets aren't taking mayfield and we're getting allen or Rosen.

Fully agree.  I feel like the odds are we're taking Rosen.  I'm still hoping, by some miracle, Darnold falls to us but I think we'll do fine regardless.  My biggest concern with Rosen is that he won't stay on the field.  If he can, though, I think there's a good chance he'll be a star.

lol I am a 48 year fan of this team....getting to the #3 pick.....in a draft that is QB heavy, in a year we have cash to spend is already enough to give me heart palpitations 6 days a week. 

To think we are actually gonna get the QB I want....and for the next 15 years throw it in the face of Giants fans? lmaoooo

#NOTHAPPENING

#TOOGOODTOBETRUE

#BELIEVETHEWORST

#JETFAN4LIFE

#DARNOLDROSEN1&2FALKTOTHEJETSAT3

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fully agree.  I feel like the odds are we're taking Rosen.  I'm still hoping, by some miracle, Darnold falls to us but I think we'll do fine regardless.  My biggest concern with Rosen is that he won't stay on the field.  If he can, though, I think there's a good chance he'll be a star.

If allen goes first we're all going to be celebrating.  

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I mean, it is the Browns...but I can't even allow myself to imagine that scenario right now. I'll be fully satisfied with one of Darnold or Rosen. High floor or Higher ceiling.

Just now, RVAJet815 said:

I mean, it is the Browns...I can't even allow myself to imagine that scenario right now. I'll be fully satisfied with one of Darnold or Rosen. High floor or Higher ceiling.

I think we're all going to be sweating it out when the giants are on the clock after the browns take darnold and that's that.  But i think I'm more confident in allen than i was a few months ago.  The truth is, you don't need a guy to throw 68% completions if you can hit on long completions and score tds.  I'll take low 60s if that's the case.

Push comes to shove, he's an OK prospect and he'd probably be at least starting calibre. I just don't want another QB that's "accepted" to be put on the bench and forgotten about for this season. That's already Bowles' preference anyway. Bringing in a polished, plug and play prospect really short-circuits any of that.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think we're all going to be sweating it out when the giants are on the clock after the browns take darnold and that's that.  But i think I'm more confident in allen than i was a few months ago.  The truth is, you don't need a guy to throw 68% completions if you can hit on long completions and score tds.  I'll take low 60s if that's the case.

I think we're all underrating Allen.  I mean, a great defensive mind like Billl Belichick will almost certainly confuse the heck out of him with his schemes and all but I'm guessing Belichick either retires or leaves the Pats when Brady leaves in another couple of years.  Other than that, though, I think a guy like Allen should be plenty good enough to be successful.  

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think Darnold goes first but then the Giants will trade #2 to Buffalo and they'll take Allen.  I'm almost afraid to wish for us to draft a certain QB because we might end up with the wrong one.  Scouts do seem to love Allen.  

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Says Peyton Manning is his guy (I'm guessing he probably sees himself in that mold)

In the beginning when he talks about knowing every option and having the offnesive coordinator "in his head" almost sounds like he envisions himself like Peyton running whole offense from line of scrimmage. Only hope he is up to it.

3 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

In the beginning when he talks about knowing every option and having the offnesive coordinator "in his head" almost sounds like he envisions himself like Peyton running whole offense from line of scrimmage. Only hope he is up to it.

I thought the exact same thing.  I'm surprised that it's considered a bad thing for a QB to ask "why" rather than just being obedient.  Isn't it better for a QB to have a full understanding of what's going on?

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we're all underrating Allen.  I mean, a great defensive mind like Billl Belichick will almost certainly confuse the heck out of him with his schemes and all but I'm guessing Belichick either retires or leaves the Pats when Brady leaves in another couple of years.  Other than that, though, I think a guy like Allen should be plenty good enough to be successful.  

If you accept that allen is a top, coachable talent and nothing like hack, you realize why mccags traded up when he did and where he did.  If buffalo traded to 3, the jets would be hoping mayfield falls to 6, or trying to trade with cleveland to 4.  Mccagnan would be raked through the coals more than a month before the draft that he screwed up again.  And he may screw it up, but not yet.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Darnold goes first but then the Giants will trade #2 to Buffalo and they'll take Allen.  I'm almost afraid to wish for us to draft a certain QB because we might end up with the wrong one.  Scouts do seem to love Allen.  

I think the giants will extort a #1 in 2019 from buffalo and that will seal the deal for them.  Allen looking great only helps the jets and giants, ironically.  

10 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Push comes to shove, he's an OK prospect and he'd probably be at least starting calibre. I just don't want another QB that's "accepted" to be put on the bench and forgotten about for this season. That's already Bowles' preference anyway. Bringing in a polished, plug and play prospect really short-circuits any of that.

lol people love to push this narrative that Bowles would prefer to start a veteran and hates starting rookies. Unfortunatelty there is no reasoning behind it. hahahaha we have NOT had a rookie or young QB good enough to play. You cant point to petty of hack because they BOTH SUCK!!! 

I wouldnt play them either but if rosen or mayfield is good enough to play and clearly out play the vets in camp and preseason they will play. PERIOD

19 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

An OK prospect? Nah try a great prospect.

Steve Tisch and John Mara just had dinner with Rosen, and you can tell from his answers in this interview that he really liked them, and I’m sure they liked him. I think he’s the Giants’ guy, unfortunately for us. 

1 hour ago, RVAJet815 said:

But somebody told me Allen has a better completion percentage than Brett Favre 30 years ago?

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Steve Tisch and John Mara just had dinner with Rosen, and you can tell from his answers in this interview that he really liked them, and I’m sure they liked him. I think he’s the Giants’ guy, unfortunately for us. 

It could well be that darnold/Rosen/allen go top 3, then the browns take barkley or chubb, and then if the broncos want mayfield they have him.  It would be nice if the bills and dolphins are shut out of this qb thing.

An OK prospect? Nah try a great prospect.

Based on work in a t shirt and shorts? I guess. Yeah he looks the part...but so did a lot of guys at combine time. At the beat minimum, there are a ton of question marks there that Darnold and Rosen don't have. Is he worth a look? Sure. Am I going to be turning hand springs when we draft him? No. Not remotely.

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It could well be that darnold/Rosen/allen go top 3, then the browns take barkley or chubb, and then if the broncos want mayfield they have him.  It would be nice if the bills and dolphins are shut out of this qb thing.

Best case scenario is Buffalo gives up a ton of draft capital to trade up to 2 and then takes future bust Allen, leaving us with Rosen at 3. 

I think it would be the height of stupidity for the Giants to pass on Rosen. They’re never again gonna have a shot like this to get their guy, and they can groom him behind Eli for a year.

1 minute ago, RVAJet815 said:

Based on work in a t shirt and shorts? I guess. Yeah he looks the part...but so did a lot of guys at combine time. At the beat minimum, there are a ton of question marks there that Darnold and Rosen don't have. Is he worth a look? Sure. Am I going to be turning hand springs when we draft him? No. Not remotely.

Are we not talking about Rosen here? I guess not.

I love the certainty with which everyone throws around assumptions.  Yes, the Giants might love Rosen and they very well might draft him.  Yes, it's easier to assume that so we aren't disappointed if it happens.  But if anyone still believes they have solved the first few picks of the draft with 100% certainty, please say hi to the Easter Bunny for me.  This isn't exactly Manning/Leaf or Goff/Wentz.  There are a few potential curveballs in this draft.  I remain hopeful that Rosen might slip to us (Barkley, Allen or a trade-up being the most obvious ways this can happen).  Don't steal my dreams yet!  That's Macc's job.

Archived