Josh Rosen Interviewed By Rich Eisen

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Mayfield and Allen sound more deep and less punk-dude than Rosen.

See this is where things go off the rails with the Mayfield apologists.  Mayfield is less 'punk-dude' than Rosen?  Only if you ignore pretty much a whole bunch of stuff that's been well-documented.  He might end up being a fine QB but let's stick to football acumen and not label him a choir boy by comparison to Rosen in support of your argument.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

See this is where things go off the rails with the Mayfield apologists.  Mayfield is less 'punk-dude' than Rosen?  Only if you ignore pretty much a whole bunch of stuff that's been well-documented.  He might end up being a fine QB but let's stick to football acumen and not label him a choir boy by comparison to Rosen in support of your argument.

Where did I label Mayfield a choirboy? I'm referring to the way they express themselves and I'll stick to whatever I want. Get over yourself.

2 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Where did I label Mayfield a choirboy? I'm referring to the way they express themselves and I'll stick to whatever I want. Get over yourself.

Stick to it all you want.  It doesn't make it sound any more believable.

"But here’s the thing: Everything Rosen’s saying is true! The issue teams have with Rosen isn’t what he says, but rather that he has the nerve to say anything at all. Rosen may be the most outspoken, socially conscious starting quarterback in the NFL next year, and as sad as it is to say, some teams will see that only as a “distraction.” If that’s the case, it’s an indictment of the NFL, not Rosen."

Given Chris Johnson's defense of player freedom to protest last week, I don't imagine a scenario where he is guided by Woody's political inclinations on draft day, but thought this review of the QBs by the Ringer was interesting. 

https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/29/17177030/nfl-quarterback-prospects-red-flags-bust-potential

I remember watching Trent Dilfer's Elite 11 a few years ago:  Here is Rosen.  Hope he becomes a Jet
[/url]  

I'd be happy with Rosen but this definitely shows where the commitment to football questions stem from. The kid just literally said that football was a means to an end to get into college after his father says that playing football is finite and he needs to excel at something after football. Definitely flags there.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived