Imaginary Scenario

JetFaninMI

Okay here goes: I've been thinking of this one for a while. The Giants have been rumored to want Barkley at 2. Granted after trading JPP it may not be as likely but bare with me for a minute. Say Cleveland wants Barkley at all costs. So much so they take him #1 overall. Now the Giants are on the clock and they pick Chubb at 2. You're Macc and you now have your choice of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield or the "kid from Montana". Who do you chose? You can go into detail all you want but I think by now all the top QB's attributes have been argued and are known. I would probably stick with Mayfield but thats just me. 

Browns would be stupid to take Barkley at #1.    Odds are better then 50-50 he will still be there at 4.  Only ones I could see taking him are the Giants, and I'll believe that when I see it.

This is a very good RB draft, there will be good players is the second

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Browns would be stupid to take Barkley at #1.    Odds are better then 50-50 he will still be there at 4.  Only ones I could see taking him are the Giants, and I'll believe that when I see it.

Maybe but they would still have their shot at one of the QB's at 4 even if they took Barkley first overall. As unlikely as it may be it all depends on how much they like Barkley and if they think the Giants will take him.

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

As silly as that sounds I hope it doesn't happen because that means there is a very high probability that Buffalo is getting a very good QB. I think we would take Darnold in this scenario though. 

If the Giants trade out. A very real possibility for them and Buffalo would probably be the most likely team to be their partner. If the Giants do trade with Buffalo I think Rosen/Darnold would be their pick. For me, it would be tough to pass on the one who is left for Mayfield but I would have to think about it.

10 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Okay here goes: I've been thinking of this one for a while. The Giants have been rumored to want Barkley at 2. Granted after trading JPP it may not be as likely but bare with me for a minute. Say Cleveland wants Barkley at all costs. So much so they take him #1 overall. Now the Giants are on the clock and they pick Chubb at 2. You're Macc and you now have your choice of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield or the "kid from Montana". Who do you chose? You can go into detail all you want but I think by now all the top QB's attributes have been argued and are known. I would probably stick with Mayfield but thats just me. 

Montana ? You've been here long enough. It's Wyoming not Montana. Let us know if we need to slow down for you.

Now that that's out of the way... In your scenario I think Macc is in shock but when he awakens he chooses Darnold.  IMO Mayfield AIN'T happening. No way in hell.

29 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Montana ? You've been here long enough. It's Wyoming not Montana. Let us know if we need to slow down for you.

Now that that's out of the way... In your scenario I think Macc is in shock but when he awakens he chooses Darnold.  IMO Mayfield AIN'T happening. No way in hell.

LOL. Ya got me there. All I have to say is 6 of one, half a dozen of the other....

With Browns trading Kizer this offseason, it would be irresponsible to pass up on a QB with the #1. Tyrod will be a nice bridge quarterback for a year, but it would be insane if they really view him as a long term option. Then again, it is the browns were talking about here... :lol:

That being said though, if this scenario did happen I would have my pick in for Darnold seconds after the giants selection is called. 

12 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Maybe but they would still have their shot at one of the QB's at 4 even if they took Barkley first overall. As unlikely as it may be it all depends on how much they like Barkley and if they think the Giants will take him.

Teams may act like they don’t know who is drafting Who. They know. We don’t.. how much do you think it is worth to know Who giants will take ? Hundred grand ? 2?

16 hours ago, flgreen said:

And its a guarantee that one of 3 QBs will be at 4.  It will really depend on their board.  How close are the Qbs on their board?  

I have been thinking Barkley and Chubb 1-2 for awhile, and feel it more likely since the JPP trade.  Not saying its going to, but it is a possiblilty.

28 minutes ago, hawk said:

And its a guarantee that one of 3 QBs will be at 4.  It will really depend on their board.  How close are the Qbs on their board?  

I have been thinking Barkley and Chubb 1-2 for awhile, and feel it more likely since the JPP trade.  Not saying its going to, but it is a possiblilty.

If jets hadn’t traded up, it was pretty much a given Allen and/or mayfield would be there at 6

12 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Teams may act like they don’t know who is drafting Who. They know. We don’t.. how much do you think it is worth to know Who giants will take ? Hundred grand ? 2?

I disagree. Some teams may have an idea based on need but you never know what will happen on draft day. No one could have guessed the Bears would swap picks with Niners last year and then do what they did right? Even when you know, you never know.

8 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If jets hadn’t traded up, it was pretty much a given Allen and/or mayfield would be there at 6

No it wasn't. Bills could have traded up to #3 and grabbed a QB. They certainly have/had enough ammo to do so.

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

No it wasn't. Bills could have traded up to #3 and grabbed a QB. They certainly have/had enough ammo to do so.

Lol so you think if they wanted to they couldn’t have outbid jets for #3? Like you said they have better ammo to do that. They either said it’s not worth it, or is working on deal for #2

20 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol so you think if they wanted to they couldn’t have outbid jets for #3? Like you said they have better ammo to do that. They either said it’s not worth it, or is working on deal for #2

OOOOR we just beat them to it. I don't think the Colts wanted to drop to #12. #6 yes, #12 NO.

On 3/25/2018 at 9:09 AM, JetFaninMI said:

+1... Mayfield as well.

Archived