Tony Pauline shares one team's big board

Augustiniak

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gamesmanship for sure (if this was even truly leaked)

the motivation is ranking the player you want below his positional counterpart

E.g. Jets want Rosen- Leak a board with Allen ahead of him

but yeah this looks pretty realistic.....kinda like every other internet ranking

28 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

**** Jets are taking Allen over Rosen aren't they.

Yes, if they're both available.

TBQH may as well order your Allen jerseys now.....I think Macc is deeply, unquestionably in love with the guy with the measurables and best pro day. 

Thats Macc being Macc.

4 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Tony Pauline seems to have connections with the Jets. With three QB's rated 1-2-3 this is more likely than not the Jets board. Welcome Josh Allen to the NY Jets everybody

The order of the QB's in this list is less important than the fact all 3 were in the top 3.

And the leaker may have reasons for shifting the order 'a bit'.  

1 hour ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

There is so much gamesmanship at work here.  I can't imagine a team sharing their real top 15 with the news.   So i take this with a big grain of salt.  Regardless, it's another data point which is cool to consider

This. ^^

I've been simultaneously questioning and sh*tting my pants over what's been "leaked" to the media since the trade up.

But I thought the Browns had interest in Mayfield at 1?  Both Allen and Mayfield have the broadest projection of where the get drafted of any of the players.  What does this mean?  Smokescreen or what?  I would just really like the day to come and the decisions made.    We get one of the top four and i just want to get started to see what we have.  

Hard time believing any teams draft boards are set yet alone shared. I’ve heard Bill Polian say boards aren’t set until a week before the draft. At that point all the medicals, medical rechecks, security reports have been received, analyzed. 

All that said. I do believe Tony knows  Texans GM Brian Gaine (ex jets scout). 

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

If Crowell is a Jet, they both can be. 

That's a fair point I didn't consider. Although I can see the standard for "franchise QB" maybe being a little different. Perhaps unfairly so.

Archived