Tony Pauline shares one team's big board

Augustiniak

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

That’s the only team I can see putting Rosen at 3 while also having so many DB’s in there.

Yup.  I mean, assuming it's an actual leak, the Browns would be one that actually seems the most likely but with so many things being intentionally being put out there it's literally impossible to know for sure.

It's possible it's someone's board. It's also possible that it was 1 team's board 2 weeks ago. It could have changed significantly in that time for all we know. Like someone said, it's silly season. don't believe a thing you hear for the next month (ugh...this is gonna get old).

1 hour ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

There is so much gamesmanship at work here.  I can't imagine a team sharing their real top 15 with the news.   So i take this with a big grain of salt.  Regardless, it's another data point which is cool to consider

From my experience from Pauline, he isn't one to "break" false news. For all we know, this could be the "big board" of a team that doesn't even need a QB so it won't match  how things go on draft day. But I am not surprised to see the board look that way. There are very few scouts/GMs that are going to put the keys to the franchise in the hands of Baker Mayfield. He is too erratic off the field. That doesn't mean Mayfield won't end up being great, he will just need the right environment. 

I can bet the Giants don't even have Mayfield in their top 15. They are sick of Odell's antics,  they aren't going to double down with Baker. Both odell and Baker are good kids and great talents, they are just very polarizing. That can work, a little, with a WR, but it is not a good thing for a QB. 

5 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

It's possible it's someone's board. It's also possible that it was 1 team's board 2 weeks ago. It could have changed significantly in that time for all we know. Like someone said, it's silly season. don't believe a thing you hear for the next month (ugh...this is gonna get old).

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yup.  I mean, assuming it's an actual leak, the Browns would be one that actually seems the most likely but with so many thinks being intentionally being put out there it's literally impossible to know for sure.

Agreed here with both points..real tired of draft season already. Whole month to go from tomorrow. 

I’m just ready for the suspense to be over with..20 Times more annoying when who your 1st pick is will determine a lot of your results come next season.

2 hours ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

There is so much gamesmanship at work here.  I can't imagine a team sharing their real top 15 with the news.   So i take this with a big grain of salt.  Regardless, it's another data point which is cool to consider

This guy isn’t “the news” but you’re right, this is likely a list gathered from what he’s “hearing” and not a collection from one place. And I honestly doubt this guy’s actual connections. 

I just want to bring up this...the past two seasons, Macc has picked the exact players that I very much wanted him to pick the most, pre-draft. 

I pounded on the table for Darron Lee.(I know, sue me) 

i pounded on the table for Jamal Adams.

Now I’m pounding on the table for Josh Rosen....will I get my wish?

Stay tuned and find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I just want to bring up this...the past two seasons, Macc has picked the exact players that I very much wanted him to pick the most, pre-draft. 

Stay tuned and find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

Well every player that I pounded the table for, Mac didn't get.

I pounded the table for Vic Beasley. We got Leonard Williams instead.

I pounded the table for Noah Spence... got Darron Lee instead.

I pounded the table for Malik Hooker... we took Jamal Adams.

I'm pounding the table for Rosen... meaning we'll be getting Allen instead?

Tune in to and fight out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Stay tuned and find out in the next 6 episodes of Dragon Ball Z.

4 minutes ago, King P said:

Tune in and fight out in the next 6 episodes of Dragon Ball Z!

FTFY.

7 minutes ago, King P said:

Tune in to and fight out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

Damnit don’t jinx this P!!! It could actually work with a little magic.

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Damnit don’t jinx this P!!! It could actually work with a little magic.

I hope so PK. Whatever magic you got, activate it. I've become too attached to Rosen to want anyone else.

If we don't get him, I'm gonna be more upset than the millions of "Johns" in a couple of weeks when Backpage, Craigslist, and every other "service" site gets shut down by the government ???

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

That’s the only team I can see putting Rosen at 3 while also having so many DB’s in there.

Did Haslam hang out with Dr. & Mrs Rosen? But he did go to Wyoming.

There is your answer.  

5 hours ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

I think it fits only the top 3 teams, with the Jets the primary suspect. Referring to the team as one with a top 15 pick sounds trying to be too clever (to match the number of slots leaked). A team picking lower - never mind anywhere near #15 - would never leak their prospect rankings specifically because they don’t want to get leapfrogged. 

Really the only team that'd willingly show this is one that doesn't have major anxiety of being leapfrogged. I think the Browns are less likely to leak a board that looks like this b/c of the Mayfield rank: they’ll surely want to field offers from QB-needy teams looking to leapfrog Denver, and publicly suggesting they (and therefore perhaps others) have Mayfield ranked this low could only harm those chances. 

If there's any truth to the leaks of Darnold-or-no-QB at #2 then it’s probably not the Giants. They might find themselves picking who-knows-where a month from now, so they’d be crazy to leak their top 15 sequence (other teams will find or figure out whose board this is).

Honestly it's most likely the Jets (if it’s really anybody’s board at all). Too many things fit. The accuracy within the top 3 rankings could be suspect (could be their real order, could be not, and anyway it could change), but after the top 3 picks what do the Jets really risk by leaking the rest of their top 15 a month before the draft? The Jets' 2nd pick is way down in round 3 anyway. Even if the Jets do trade back up later it won’t be for a prospect with a top 15 grade; they don’t have that ammo anymore. Most glaringly, it'd show their clear motivation in moving up from #6 to #3: they view this as a draft with only 3 top QBs, not 4.

9 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

**** Jets are taking Allen over Rosen aren't they.

Jets won't have a choice.  

QB's are going 1 and 2 - and the Jets will take the 3rd QB left.

Hopefully the Giants take Rosen - So the Jets lock up Allen.

I can't imagine the Giants passing on Allen though.

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Jets won't have a choice.  

QB's are going 1 and 2 - and the Jets will take the 3rd QB left.

Hopefully the Giants take Rosen - So the Jets lock up Allen.

I can't imagine the Giants passing on Allen though.

I’m starting think the only way a QB goes #2 if the giants don’t trade out is if Browns Select Allen #1. Who we hearing more and more they like. I don’t think the Giants are high on Rosen .atleast that’s what there best beat writer has been hinting at . 

9 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Tony Pauline seems to have connections with the Jets. With three QB's rated 1-2-3 this is more likely than not the Jets board. Welcome Josh Allen to the NY Jets everybody

Also equally plausible he made it up. And if he did, who can say otherwise? NFL team will never acknowledge giving such access, and even less likely to say we gave him access but that is not our board. From now until the actual draft expect a lot of rank speculation and  very suspect nonsense reported as gospel.  Could even be intentional disinformation. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think it fits only the top 3 teams, with the Jets the primary suspect. Referring to the team as one with a top 15 pick sounds trying to be too clever (to match the number of slots leaked). A team picking lower - never mind anywhere near #15 - would never leak their prospect rankings specifically because they don’t want to get leapfrogged. 

Really the only team that'd willingly show this is one that doesn't have major anxiety of being leapfrogged. I think the Browns are less likely to leak a board that looks like this b/c of the Mayfield rank: they’ll surely want to field offers from QB-needy teams looking to leapfrog Denver, and publicly suggesting they (and therefore perhaps others) have Mayfield ranked this low could only harm those chances. 

If there's any truth to the leaks of Darnold-or-no-QB at #2 then it’s probably not the Giants. They might find themselves picking who-knows-where a month from now, so they’d be crazy to leak their top 15 sequence (other teams will find or figure out whose board this is).

Honestly it's most likely the Jets (if it’s really anybody’s board at all). Too many things fit. The accuracy within the top 3 rankings could be suspect (could be their real order, could be not, and anyway it could change), but after the top 3 picks what do the Jets really risk by leaking the rest of their top 15 a month before the draft? The Jets' 2nd pick is way down in round 3 anyway. Even if the Jets do trade back up later it won’t be for a prospect with a top 15 grade; they don’t have that ammo anymore. Most glaringly, it'd show their clear motivation in moving up from #6 to #3: they view this as a draft with only 3 top QBs, not 4.

If it is, I can see the jets intentionally flipping Allen and Rosen to entice someone to trade up and get Allen at 2. That could be the only motivation for relaying this info to a reporter. 

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If it is, I can see the jets intentionally flipping Allen and Rosen to entice someone to trade up and get Allen at 2. That could be the only motivation for relaying this info to a reporter. 

That would be the icing on the cake of delusion, to think the Giants (or anybody trading up to that slot) values the opinion of Mike Maccagnan when it comes to assigning appropriate valuation of QB prospects in the NFL draft.

If Macc really wanted to entice people to draft Allen over Rosen, he should tell people he likes Rosen better. 

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I’m starting think the only way a QB goes #2 if the giants don’t trade out is if Browns Select Allen #1. Who we hearing more and more they like. I don’t think the Giants are high on Rosen .atleast that’s what there best beat writer has been hinting at . 

Giants are taking Allen.  Book it.

12 hours ago, jetsons said:

Having allen @ #2 just shows that team must be in need of a GM & scout personnel.

Mayock has Allen as his #2 QB, he's not alone. The kid has all the measurables & can move around as well as Carson Wentz but has a way better attitude ect. than say a Ryan Leaf who went #2 overall. Why anyone would think it's crazy for him to be top 3 in a league starving for future QBs is not surprising at all to me. Someone's thinking GO BIG OR GO HOME in this draft & they're gonna pull the Josh Allen lever. They'll either look brilliant or get fired down the road and only time will tell who is right, and who are wrong. That's what makes the NFL draft so interesting.

13 hours ago, jetsons said:

Having allen @ #2 just shows that team must be in need of a GM & scout personnel.

Please tells us about your years of scouting expertise and how many hours of film you watched of Allen since you are so quick to dismiss him as a top QB prospect. 

Oh wait, Hack was a bust therefore Allen must be a bust because they are identical talents to posters like you....

39 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Mayock has Allen as his #2 QB, he's not alone. The kid has all the measurables & can move around as well as Carson Wentz but has a way better attitude ect. than say a Ryan Leaf who went #2 overall. Why anyone would think it's crazy for him to be top 3 in a league starving for future QBs is not surprising at all to me. Someone's thinking GO BIG OR GO HOME in this draft & they're gonna pull the Josh Allen lever. They'll either look brilliant or get fired down the road and only time will tell who is right, and who are wrong. That's what makes the NFL draft so interesting.

This board is so down on Allen its crazy.. I personally don't understand it. MANY draft evaluators have Allen ranked in the top 3, but people on this message board know more. For some reason they compare Allen to Hack, which is laughable. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Giants are taking Allen.  Book it.

This is not out of the question.  Mara mentioned that he liked how the Packers handled the Favre-Rodgers situation.  Allen is made for that because Darnold and Rosen would create too much tension early on for Eli.  Allen can at least sit for 2 yrs without an issue.

Archived