JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

The JetNation Mock Draft will start on Monday, 3/26 at 9 am ET.  Link below is to the google doc that will be used to track the draft.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zO9_w4iPkH2fHOAkKsuOxAyVWFU747_SsTCfiQl_uvI/edit?usp=sharing

Navigate by using the tabs at the bottom.  The Draft tab will lead you to the actual draft results and picks in every round.  The Player List tab shows all players and their status. The Available Players tab is self-explanatory. Thanks to @Beerfish for putting this sheet together many years ago and special thanks to @Lith for making sure all the data is uploaded, everything is working and that the draft order is correct every year.  The draft is not limited to these players, but with 1,000 prospects listed, there should not be many guys selected who are not in the sheet.  If you draft someone who is not on the sheet, we will manually add them as the pick is made.  Send us a PM if anyone has problems accessing/using the sheet.  It is a large file with a lot of links between tabs, so it may take a minute or so to load depending on the speed of your internet connection and/or your computer. 

JetNation Mock Draft rules:

1. Duration: We will be doing a full 7 round mock NFL draft. It takes between 2 - 3 weeks from start to finish.  
  2. Trades: Trades will be allowed, but only trades of 2018 picks.  Trading future picks or active players is not permitted (i.e. The Giants GM is not permitted to trade Eli Manning during our mock, unless it happens to go down for real in the NFL before the pertinent rounds have started in the mock).  Submit all trades to us in order to be finalized and so we can amend the spreadsheet. And please, if you are managing two teams, no trades are permitted between your own two teams.
  3. Draft clock: Each GM will have a 3-hour window to make his pick when his team is on the clock. The 3-hour window will run between the 9:00 am and 11:59 pm ET. The clock does not reset each morning.  If you go on the clock at 11:00 PM – you will have until 11:00 am the next morning to submit your picks. The clock will not reset for the full 3 hours at 9:00am.
  4. Unavailable GMs:  If your pick is coming up and you know that you may not be available, please send in advance 3 – 5 potential picks in order of priority via PM to @Lith @Dcat @NYJetsVets91 and one of us will make the pick.
  5. Advising the next team it is on-the-clock (OTC):   After you have made your pick, please tag and send a PM to the next GM advising him that his team is on the clock.  If you go to https://forums.jetnation.com/notifications/options/ scroll down to the toggles you can elect to receive an email when you receive messages -- this can help to keep things moving more quickly.
  6. Missed picks: If you miss a pick, we will make the pick for you, but it's much better to send us a short list of preferences if you can't be around for your pick.  If you miss a pick, please send PM to us letting us know that you intend to continue in the draft.  If we do not receive a PM after a missed pick, we will make your next pick as well.  Once we make a pick for you, that pick is final as soon as the next draft pick is made.  If you miss 2 or more picks in a row, we will look to replace you with another GM unless you let us know that you plan to continue.

49ers Peppep
Bears HawkeyeJet
Bengals bgivs21
Bills New York Mick
Broncos Beerfish
Browns NYJetsVets91
Buccaneers Matt39
Cardinals Paradis
Chargers IndianaJet
Chiefs PatriotKilla
Colts KingP
Cowboys RobR
Dolphins j4jets
Eagles Maury77
Falcons Sarge4Tide
Giants T0m Shane
Jaguars JiF
Jets Dcat
Lions nycdan
Packers Lith
Panthers
RedBeardedSavage
Patriots ThaiJet
Raiders HessStation
Rams BigO
Ravens
#27TheDominator
Redskins Greenseed4
Saints Integrity28
Seahawks Stark
Steelers LAD_Brooklyn
Texans 32Eboozer
Titans BrickTamlund
Vikings Jetsons
  • Upvote 1

If Darnold/Rosen go 1-2,  I want to hear offers from you bastards to move up to #3.  I'm NOT Maccagnan and I am not necessarily sold on either Mayfield or Allen.  and there is no guaranty I will stay at 3.    So if you are interested......  we can make this mock interesting.

@Dcat @Beerfish @King P @Matt39 @HawkeyeJet @Lith @PepPep @HessStation @j4jets @New York Mick @Greenseed4 @Paradis @#27TheDominator @IndianaJet @Stark @heymangold @Lray @bgivs21 @32EBoozer @BigO @RedBeardedSavage @BrickTamland @Sarge4Tide @Integrity28 @JiF @LAD_Brooklyn @jetsons @Thai Jet @maury77 @Patriot Killa

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If Darnold/Rosen go 1-2,  I want to hear offers from you bastards to move up to #3.  I'm NOT Maccagnan and I am not necessarily sold on either Mayfield or Allen.  and there is no guaranty I will stay at 3.    So if you are interested......  we can make this mock interesting.

@Dcat @Beerfish @King P @Matt39 @HawkeyeJet @Lith @PepPep @HessStation @j4jets @New York Mick @Greenseed4 @Paradis @#27TheDominator @IndianaJet @Stark @heymangold @Lray @bgivs21 @32EBoozer @BigO @RedBeardedSavage @BrickTamland @Sarge4Tide @Integrity28 @JiF @LAD_Brooklyn @jetsons @Thai Jet @maury77 @Patriot Killa

I have Pat Mahomes, I’m cool on a trade up LOL. Btw you forgot me on that list above.

• Haha 1

You all need to be patient for this pick because I am fielding trade offers pick #3. So, it may take the 3 hours.  

If you want a QB, Barkley, Chubb or Nelson, here is your chance. 

@Beerfish @King P @Matt39 @HawkeyeJet @Lith @PepPep @HessStation @j4jets @New York Mick @Greenseed4 @Paradis @#27TheDominator @IndianaJet @Stark @heymangold @Lray @bgivs21 @32EBoozer @BigO @RedBeardedSavage @BrickTamland @Sarge4Tide @Integrity28 @JiF @LAD_Brooklyn @jetsons @Thai Jet @maury77 @Patriot Killa @NYJetsVets91 @T0mShane

20 minutes ago, jetsons said:

wheel of fortune tune plays in the background...

18 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Final Jeopardy music

Funny, to me it sounds more like a bugler's Taps or Mozart's Requiem mass in D minor.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, j4jets said:

That’s a bad trade for the Jets. 

We'll see.  I know it is below the stupid draft chart values.  But I don't want Allen or Mayfield at 3.  I think the trade up to 1.03 Mac made is looking freaking awful right now.  It was a gamble and the worst scenario played out.  In reality, he must know that the Giants are going Barkley or he is just fine taking Mayfield or Allen at #3.  I'm not.  Just because HE is satisfied with Mayfield/Allen at #3, doesn't mean I have to be.  So pardon me while I try to recoup some draft capital.

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets traded two 2’s and a third to move up one spot

E42C9429-0859-4C57-987C-F5200925083D.jpeg

yup.  But if I end up with the same player at 5 that I would have had at 3, then at least I get a little back of what Maccagnan wasted.  

I'm pretty sure that Mac made the original trade with some actual knowledge that only 1 QB was to be taken in slots 1& 2.  Only if he loves Josh Allen or knew that Rosen would be there should he have made that trade.  Well in this mock, Rosen and Darnold were taken, and neither Mayfield nor Allen is worthy of that pick IMO.  

I like what I did.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

In fairness to Dcat, he's not responsible for what Macc did, just for what he does with the hand he's been dealt.  It still feels light to me.  For example, I think CLE would in reality pay more than that to move from 4 to 3 rather than let someone else leapfrog them.  Also, this introduces the risk that CLE now trades down and another QB gets taken at 4.

I get the trade, but I'm surprised you couldn't dig more out of CLE on this one.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

In fairness to Dcat, he's not responsible for what Macc did, just for what he does with the hand he's been dealt.  It still feels light to me.  For example, I think CLE would in reality pay more than that to move from 4 to 3 rather than let someone else leapfrog them.  Also, this introduces the risk that CLE now trades down and another QB gets taken at 4.

I get the trade, but I'm surprised you couldn't dig more out of CLE on this one.

I reached out to Cleveland last night and let them know what was happening with Pick #3.  Cleveland was aware and stood pat.

@Dcat

Jets got fleeced on the value chart to move up to #3, and then they got fleeced on the value chart moving down to #5. 

The point value for the difference between 3 & 5 couldn’t be easier; it’s 500 pts, the EXACT amount of Denver’s 2nd round pick. 

WHY WAS THE Jet’s 3RD THROWN IN?!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

@Dcat

Jets got fleeced on the value chart to move up to #3, and then they got fleeced on the value chart moving down to #5. 

The point value for the difference between 3 & 5 couldn’t be easier; it’s 500 pts, the EXACT amount of Denver’s 2nd round pick. 

WHY WAS THE Jet’s 3RD THROWN IN?!

Because it wasn't going to happen for just the #2.  

The prior GM (Maccagnan) gambled that Rosen was going to be there at 3.  That may happen in the actual draft, and maybe Mac already knows that the Giants are going Barkley.  I don't know and the Giants, sadly, took Rosen at 2 in the mock.  Allen and Mayfield are UNACCEPTABLE at 3 in my book.  I can get one of them at 5 if I want.  So the trade made sense notwithstanding stupid draft value chart.  I'd do it again if I had to.  I'm not Mac. And I do NOT love Allen. 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Because it wasn't going to happen for just the #2.  

The prior GM gambled that arosen was going tobe there at 3.  That may happen in the actual draft, but it didn;t in the mock.  Allen and Mayfield are UNACCEPTABLE at 3 in my book.  I can get one of them at 5 if I want.  So the trade made sense notwithstanding stupid draft value chart.  I'd do it again if I had to.  

Maybe you could help clarify. 

Is this a Mock of what WE would do, or a Mock of what we think the current GM would do?

Years ago when we did this, we actually scored based on our ability to correctly predict who went where. 

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

Maybe you could help clarify. 

Is this a Mock of what WE would do, or a Mock of what we think the current GM would do?

Years ago when we did this, we actually scored based on our ability to correctly predict who went where. 

I’m doing what I would do. **** the real GM. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1