JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He had such weirdly awful Combine numbers.

Not the explosive freak athlete but he can run routes on a dime and separate. That will be good enough for at least a consistent career as a really good #2 floor. I had similar thoughts on Cooks as I do Ridley. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Not the explosive freak athlete but he can run routes on a dime and separate. That will be good enough for at least a consistent career as a really good #2 floor. I had similar thoughts on Cooks as I do Ridley. 

Reminds me a lot of Torry Holt, which is why the pedestrian numbers surprised me. 

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Reminds me a lot of Torry Holt, which is why the pedestrian numbers surprised me. 

The jump numbers were bad but he still ran a 4.43. Wait to see how he works out at his pro day. Some guys are just game fast too. 

I kind of think of him as a Jimmy Smith type. 

1 hour ago, King P said:

I completely agree. When the clock is upon you should already know who you're picking. You have plenty of time to plan/make a list of people you want to pick.

It's not that hard.

Also, if you're thinking of trading down, put that out here before your pick comes up.  No reason to wait 3 hours to see if someone responds to your PMs.  Sh-t happens, but most picks should be doable within the first 15-30 minutes if you are prepared and not caught up in meetings.  This might not work for everyone but when I'm within 3 picks, I make my top-3 list ranked and just wait it out.  Nothing meaningful changes in the interim.

• Upvote 1

I've got like 3 trips planned in April, NYC going to see some family and the Mets, Charleston with the lady and then Nicaragua for a surf trip...I might have to create a list and give it to one of you penis heads to make my picks because this sh*t is going slooooooowwwwwww.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've got like 3 trips planned in April, NYC going to see some family and the Mets, Charleston with the lady and then Nicaragua for a surf trip...I might have to create a list and give it to one of you penis heads to make my picks because this sh*t is going slooooooowwwwwww.

Yeah, I'm going to be away Memorial Day weekend so I may have to give you all my 3rd round choices :)

Seriously, can we tighten up the window a bit to maybe 2 hours?  I really don't see the need for the third hour.  If you're concerned about a quick run of picks surprising someone, we can adjust it so that you have up to 3 hours from the pick 2 before yours or 2 hours from the pick right before yours.  That way if there is a quick run, you will still get 3 hours.  But having multiple picks take 3 hours each means we are going to be drafting in May for real.

Just now, nycdan said:

Yeah, I'm going to be away Memorial Day weekend so I may have to give you all my 3rd round choices :)

Seriously, can we tighten up the window a bit to maybe 2 hours?  I really don't see the need for the third hour.  If you're concerned about a quick run of picks surprising someone, we can adjust it so that you have up to 3 hours from the pick 2 before yours or 2 hours from the pick right before yours.  That way if there is a quick run, you will still get 3 hours.  But having multiple picks take 3 hours each means we are going to be drafting in May for real.

That and/or maybe we can start notifying the next pick and the poster on deck? That way we have both the next picks notified they're coming up to the clock and we're prepared 2 picks ahead...???

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Just while the baby is keeping us up. Once he sleeps thru the night, we’ll adjust. We only bet about 6 hours of sleep if we’re lucky.

It is what it is.

My daughter is 13 months she sleeps through the night now. Up at 08:30 in bed 21:30 plus two naps. The first 6 months we didn’t get much sleep. 

• Upvote 1

Wait until they are in high school.  The girls seem to be okay, but the boy, up well past midnight...sleeps until noon unless you go in and shake him.  Great on weekends...not so much fun on school days. 

My favorite part of the day is when he is flat out horizontal on his bed, eyes closed, yelling "I'M UP!".  Fun times... I'll miss them next year.

Well, now all of my 1st round choices are gone. Ridley would probably be most likely. I feel like I should have made the bold move and gone for Allen. Kiper has Allen going first, with Landry and Ridley going 25-26, but @bitonti's Icy mock had Landry, Allen, Ridley going 7, 5 and 15.  I actually considered Gesicki because I am a sucker for measurables, but most have him going later.  Thought he might sneak into the 2nd. 

18 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

My daughter is 13 months she sleeps through the night now. Up at 08:30 in bed 21:30 plus two naps. The first 6 months we didn’t get much sleep. 

Yup. My older kid is waking up too now, it’s the only thing she’s done to act out. Nightmares. It’s crazy time in my house.

38 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Wait until they are in high school.  The girls seem to be okay, but the boy, up well past midnight...sleeps until noon unless you go in and shake him.  Great on weekends...not so much fun on school days. 

My favorite part of the day is when he is flat out horizontal on his bed, eyes closed, yelling "I'M UP!".  Fun times... I'll miss them next year.

My son (26 and married now) was the biggest pain in the ass you could imagine.  He was a lazy ass bum throughout high school. Scared the hell out of me that he would always be an underachiever.  Went off to college met his wife during his freshman year, and changed completely.  Great kid, buying a house, has a good job, works his ass off and planning to start a family in the next few years.  They grow up. 

When he was under my roof he was a pain in the ass.  He moves out and my daughter in law gets a great kid.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

My pick is in. Apologies, I commute into Boston daily. It’s over an hour. And we have a 5 month old so we go to bed at 9. 

I also had to weigh a trade offer from @T0mShane - which I’m obviously declining. 

Slipped that one in.  I have been waiting to see an update to the Selection thread, but the edit fooled me.  I have been wondering when you were going to make the pick.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lad and I have a deal!

LAD sends me 1.28, 3.28, 5.28

for

2.2, 3.5, 5.2

This isnt a deal.  You just PM'd me the same sh*t.  Maybe Dcat takes this (I had too) but nobody else in their right mind would.  Nobody is gaining anything here but you...you get to move up each round for literally giving nothing additional to your trade partner who moves back.  You're just swamping picks and getting the better ones.

lmfao

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

The 28th Pick has been traded to T0mShane in a deal that includes

1.28, 3.28, 5.28

for

2.2, 3.5, 5.2 (Going to the Steelers)

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lad and I have a deal!

for

2.2, 3.5, 5.2

Got it.  Thanks.  Will update draft order.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lad and I have a deal!

for

2.2, 3.5, 5.2

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

This isnt a deal.  You just PM'd me the same sh*t.  Maybe Dcat takes this (I had too) but nobody else in their right mind would.  Nobody is gaining anything here but you...you get to move up each round for literally giving nothing additional to your trade partner who moves back.  You're just swamping picks and getting the better ones.

lmfao

Lmfaooooooooo

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao

Whoa, did Gato hack JiF's account? LOL

• Haha 1