JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

@Lith @Dcat @NYJetsVets91

Yet another trade:

Between Redskins and Broncos, which is weird because they’re not on the clock which means this trade doesn’t waste anybody’s time ?

DEN gets: 2(44) and 7(231)

WAS gets: 3(71) and 3(72)

This is kind of the way it should go. No trades once you’re on the clock. 

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

There has been a trade.

INDY: 2nd round #36 overall pick 

for 

KC: 2nd round #54 overall pick, 3rd round #86 overall pick and 6th round #196 overall pick 

Got it.  @King P upvoted the post, so I am assuming he agrees. @King P KC on the clock.  I guess you get tired of waiting around to pick and decided to make a move.

Please remember to tag us on the post, so we get notification of trade.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Got it.  @King P upvoted the post, so I am assuming he agrees. @King P KC on the clock.  I guess you get tired of waiting around to pick and decided to make a move.

Please remember to tag us on the post, so we get notification of trade.

Lol I didn't get tired of waiting. I set a deadline (when I get to work, which takes about 45 minutes to an hour) and followed through. I wasnt gonna sit and wait 2-3 hours for somebody to offer me a trade

1 minute ago, King P said:

Lol I didn't get tired of waiting. I set a deadline (when I get to work, which takes about 45 minutes to an hour) and followed through. I wasnt gonna sit and wait 2-3 hours for somebody to offer me a trade

Sorry,  that was directed at Patiriot Killa -- whose first pick was late 2nd.  Got tired of waiting to make his pick so he traded up.  Tagged the wrong guy.  My bad.

@King P @Patriot Killa @Beerfish @Greenseed4

I have been sitting here on a conference call for the last 45 minutes, preparing for a meeting coming up in 15 minutes.  At the same time, I am trying to update the board for your trades as they came in. 

Please check the sheet and make sure I have it right.  Please PM me if I missed anything and I will update/correct in about an hour.

Thanks

• Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, King P said:

Got the best WR in the draft at 37, I'm shocked he was even still on the board

Interesting you feel that way. It wasn't something I would have agreed with 2 months, but i'm coming around...

Man. I finally took a look at some of the picks, like really took a look... some real stinkers boyz. 

• McGlinchey @4 @NYJetsVets91 ? You must be playing the "I don't gaf game"
  • James Washington is not who we thought he was 5 months ago
  • If CLE doesn't take Barker @4, then the sure as fck not taking Guice at the top of 2. You're looking at a bargain back like Nick Chubb later. 
  • For a weak ass OLine class, way too many Oline picks just because; team needs. Much much better value elsewhere. 
  • the Lulz @ Penn State TE mid-1st
  • Uber fail marks for @BrickTamland wasting TEN's pick on ANOTHER reciever who's worse carbon copy of Davis whom they took at like 3rd overall last yr. 

Trash draft thus far, boys. Hot trash. Probably the worst I've seen in Jets forum history tbh.... you can tell you bastards have had your dicks in the QB jar and no where else. 

Best picks? James to GB, Davenport to DET

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Interesting you feel that way. It wasn't something I would have agreed with 2 months, but i'm coming around...

Man. I finally took a look at some of the picks, like really took a look... some real stinkers boyz. 

• If CLE doesn't take Barker @4, then the sure as fck not taking Guice at the top of 2. You're looking at a bargain back like Nick Chubb later. 
  • For a weak ass OLine class, way too many Oline picks just because; team needs. Much much better value elsewhere. 
  • Uber fail marks for @BrickTamland wasting TEN's pick on ANOTHER reciever who's worse carbon copy of Davis whom they took at like 3rd overall last yr. 

Trash draft thus far, boys. Hot trash. Probably the worst I've seen in Jets forum history tbh.... you can tell you bastards have had your dicks in the QB jar and no where else. 

Well if this draft is the worst in JN history...your picking of Lamar Jackson at 15 certainly helped the cause. IMO

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Thai Jet said:

Well if this draft is the worst in JN history...your picking of Lamar Jackson at 15 certainly helped the cause. IMO

I'm still waiting for you to ad anything insightful... to any conversation.... about any player. 

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Some of your comments may have merit depending opinion but the bolded one is not, Barkley was gone at 3.  Also it is really tough to go ho hum, i will get such and such a player a lot later.  They felt they needed a Rb and took the top one on their board.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Some of your comments may have merit depending opinion but the bolded one is not, Barkley was gone at 3.  Also it is really tough to go ho hum, i will get such and such a player a lot later.  They felt they needed a Rb and took the top one on their board.

I missed that. Dorsey I'm told has been emphatic RB is a committee position. Top of 2 is a tall price to pay for Guice. I just don't see it. I don't think we're trading back from 3 either. That was horsehit trade - made the whole draft an asterisk. We traded up to trade back?

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

okay. we can talk about this when Ridley does (or does not) become a large contributor year 1 for his team. at 25, i was picking between him and Rashaan Evans - one of my favorite players in the draft - Evans has a legit injury history.

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I've been on the Sutton bandwagon since last year. Big bodied, physical receivers that go up to get the ball have always had a special place in my heart.

The only concern has been his lack of speed, but even that has been overstated. He runs fast enough for a guy his size.

To me he has the highest ceiling of any receiver in this draft (well actually there may be another one actually with more)

Just now, King P said:

I've been on the Sutton bandwagon since last year. Big bodied, physical receivers that go up to get the ball have always had a special place in my heart.

The only concern has been his lack of speed, but even that has been overstated. He runs fast enough for a guy his size.

To me he has the highest ceiling of any receiver in this draft (well actually there may be another one actually with more)

Boldin ran a 4.7

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

This is kind of the way it should go. No trades once you’re on the clock. 

I get that but sometimes you have to wait to see if your guy is there.  No way around it and we shouldn't be in a hurry anyway. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

HURRY!

Why should I hurry?  According to Gato, I didn't acquire a 2nd round pick.  I only gave up a 3rd round pick in order to move down in round 1.  You guys must be wrong about me being on the clock.  

Seriously, I'm interested in trade offers...  so anyone intersted in moving up to this pick, you've got about 1/2 hour.  Need a strong offer, because this time I have guys that are there for me now.