JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

34 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

okay. we can talk about this when Ridley does (or does not) become a large contributor year 1 for his team. at 25, i was picking between him and Rashaan Evans - one of my favorite players in the draft - Evans has a legit injury history.

That's just his opinion. BFD You did fine. No need to explain it to anyone. Ridley , on MANY draft mocks is projected to the Bears at #8. Titans are probably losing Eric Decker in FA. Ridley fits right in.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Why should I hurry?  According to Gato, I didn't acquire a 2nd round pick.  I only gave up a 3rd round pick in order to move down in round 1.  You guys must be wrong about me being on the clock.  

Seriously, I'm interested in trade offers...  so anyone intersted in moving up to this pick, you've got about 1/2 hour.  Need a strong offer, because this time I have guys that are there for me now. 

Spare us the f$#@ing draft Zen and just pick ! lol

6 minutes ago, King P said:

Just because the media tells you Allen > Lamar doesn't make it true

No, I get that, but if you make that kind of a YOLO pick, you prooooobably shouldn’t then turn around and sneer at the logic of other people’s picks. Except for @JiF picking Orlando Brown in the first. That’s horrible.

• Haha 2

I will if no juicy trade comes thru.  Not going to wait too long, don't worry

I was just bustin on you friend to freind. Seriously maybe consider no trades next year. It does tend to slow things down. As for The Patriots ...I / we will not be making any trades.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did the guy who drafted Lamar at 15 with Josh Allen still on the board actually critique other people’s mock drafts? That’s some sh*t.

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Yes I believe that is EXACTLY what happened Sir. lol

because you fcking muppets, Josh Allen is never, never never going to be on the board in the real draft at that point. That was Jets personal feelings getting in the way.

Maybe you two need an education on how this game works. You want to score the most points. I could have picked Allen and banked on points for value, but i legit think ARZ will take Lamar... which is like 10x the points. 

So fck y'all. 

47 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

okay. we can talk about this when Ridley does (or does not) become a large contributor year 1 for his team. at 25, i was picking between him and Rashaan Evans - one of my favorite players in the draft - Evans has a legit injury history.

Ridley is the most overhyped slot WR in the last 10 years. 

Even if that's not entirely accurate, still a sh*t pick for them based on what was available and what's going to move the needle on the field for that team.

Just now, Paradis said:

because you fcking muppets, Josh Allen is never, never never going to be on the board in the real draft at that point. That was Jets personal feelings getting in the way.

Maybe you two need an education on how this game works. You want to score the most points. I could have picked Allen and banked on points for value, but i legit think ARZ will take Lamar... which is like 10x the points. 

So fck y'all. 

The only point being scored here is the one on top of your skull. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Even if that's not entirely accurate, still a sh*t pick for them based on what was available and what's going to move the needle on the field for that team.

Happy to disagree. Decker gone and their two rooks last year were questionable. The defense is solid and Mariota needs to put up this year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Just remember..... NOBODY likes a bully.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think Ridley is going to be what Chip Kelly thought he was drafting in Nelson Agohlor

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It's suppose to be a fun thing. Why are you trying to take the fun out of it? Stop ridiculing other posters picks like a huge bully. You're coming across terribly.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

giphy.gif

• Sympathy 1

“And now look—LOOK—he uses the pick to take SONY MICHEL whose three-cone wasn’t even that good! AFTER giving away every other pick for NO REASON and then DENYING IT, which totally ruined the integrity of the MOCK DRAFT PROCESS, and it’s just...”

Speaker: “That’s very interesting, sir, but did you want to add the hash browns for ninety-nine cents or not?” 

• Haha 2

So, with Michel, Crowell, Powell, Mcguire and the awful Jeremy Langford on the roster, Langford gets cut.  Do we take Powell off the roster ($4 million saved in cash and cap hit) or do we keep him around for a year and let Mcguire go?

I would say let Powell and Langfrod go.  Powell will find a home elsewhere and Langford can apply for a Home depot job.  I've always liked Powell, but he pales to Michel, IMO

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So, with Michel, Crowell, Powell, Mcguire and the awful Jeremy Langford on the roster, Langford gets cut.  Do we take Powell off the roster ($4 million saved in cash and cap hit) or do we keep him around for a year and let Mcguire go.

I would say let Powell and Langfrod go.  Powell will find a home elsewhere and Langford can apply for a Home depot job. 

I would keep McGuire & see if we can get anything for Powell... Michel & McGuire can spell each other & Crowell can be the power back... Langford loses out.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So fck y'all. 

Which is why I wanted to trade in front of you to pick him.  1)  I knew you were gonna grab him; 2) I also think he's a lock for AZ if there; 3) I wanted to piss you off; and 4) I wanted to keep you from getting the points for nailing the pick.

If it's in game.....it's in the game.  

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

So, with Michel, Crowell, Powell, Mcguire and the awful Jeremy Langford on the roster, Langford gets cut.  Do we take Powell off the roster ($4 million saved in cash and cap hit) or do we keep him around for a year and let Mcguire go?

I would say let Powell and Langfrod go.  Powell will find a home elsewhere and Langford can apply for a Home depot job.  I've always liked Powell, but he pales to Michel, IMO

81908312-9775-464A-8C41-31D0E2D5BCEA.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So fck y'all. 

This is a game?  ****.  I was just picking the guys I think will make good pros.  I wasn't trying to compare myself to some other numbnuts.  I did okay in last year's at the other place, but I think my draft there will look pretty strong when it is all said and done.

You'd be better off with the value points.  I hear that @JiF picked the Jags first two picks dead on correct and he didn't win sh*t. 

• Post of the Week 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“And now look—LOOK—he uses the pick to take SONY MICHEL whose three-cone wasn’t even that good! AFTER giving away every other pick for NO REASON and then DENYING IT, which totally ruined the integrity of the MOCK DRAFT PROCESS, and it’s just...”

Speaker: “That’s very interesting, sir, but did you want to add the hash browns for ninety-nine cents or not?” 

“I’ll buy TWO if you do me a favor — pull your phone out and sign up here — JetNation.com. Give em’ hell for me and i’ll make sure you don’t have a goddamn potato left.”

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is a game?  ****.  I was just picking the guys I think will make good pros.  I wasn't trying to compare myself to some other numbnuts.  I did okay in last year's at the other place, but I think my draft there will look pretty strong when it is all said and done.

You'd be better off with the value points.  I hear that @JiF picked the Jags first two picks dead on correct and he didn't win sh*t. 

there is no "game".  When the real NFL draft is done, Lith gives points to the picks that were close to their actual spot.  But that's not why we are doing this and that is not a factor in making pick decisions, or at least not for me.   Is that really the goal for some of us?  To get "points" in a game?  If that were so, we wouldn't be doing any trades and this would be freaking boring. 

For those of you who care, enjoy the 'game'.  Let me know how it turns out for you. :)

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Picking the 1st two Jags picks last year was like shooting fish in a barrel.  Everyone and their mother knew they were going Fornette in the 1st O-line in the 2nd.

I had the Jags at the other place and picked Fornette in the 1st and wanted Robsinson in the second, but some dipsh!t two places ahead of me drafted Cam for the Browns @ 2.1 ******* bully.....