JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s Senor Gato man.

He just got perma banned and couldn’t stay away..what do you expect?

Nah, most of the people here already know me from the other forums. I just don't post here.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Or maybe you are not. .. hmm.. excuse me then.

i just expect Gato to be back in some way, shape or form lol.

I've been on these boards for over a decade with the same username and avatar. 

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s Senor Gato man.

He just got perma banned and couldn’t stay away..what do you expect?

Definitely not Gato. 

I have known Rob from other forums for years.  Strong opinions, especially on O Linemen, but not going to beat a dead horse into the ground the way Gato does.  He used to moderate these mocks with me on the Hampur.  He is going to pick up the Cowboys if Hey Mangold does not show up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I love how you bozos actually think anyone gives a **** about Orlando Browns combine.  News flash, they dont.  He's an the only true LT in the draft, an All-American who's given up 2 sacks his entire career, none last year.  His tape is ridiculous.  You dont get by him.  Dude is a sure fire first rounder and once again JiF will be right while everyone else wonder how I'm so good at this sh*t and TOm is donating money to St. Jude.

The only thing I didn't like about Browns combine was , to me, it showed a lack of dedication. or commitment. The dates on the combine were known eons ago. It wasn't a spur of the moment thing like a random drug test. It showed that Brown could give two sh*ts about it. Didn't prepare at all from his test results. Especially the bench press. That IS relevant to the OL.  Is that the effort he'll put out once he signs a contract? Just askin....

• Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, RobR said:

I have a pretty good track record when it comes to OLineman and Brown sucks. I don't even care how bad he performed at the combine, he plays like he has Herman Munster shoes.

You said he'll never play LT ever in the NFL.  That's a ridiculous statement.  To say he sucks, is also ridiculous.  Dude didnt give up a sack last year.  He was an All-American and logged over 900 snaps and gave up 2 sacks in college career.  He was a top 10ish pick before the combine.  Ironically, nobody wants to give him credit for his 3cone and how he improved on everything significantly at his proday.  Or factor in that he's 6'7 345lbs and not exactly a nimble man. 

Either way, his job is to block and protect, not be an all world athlete.  With his size and length, he's a nightmare to try and get by and nobody did in college.  He'll go first round and be in the league a long time.

28 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

The only thing I didn't like about Browns combine was , to me, it showed a lack of dedication. or commitment. The dates on the combine were known eons ago. It wasn't a spur of the moment thing like a random drug test. It showed that Brown could give two sh*ts about it. Didn't prepare at all from his test results. Especially the bench press. That IS relevant to the OL.  Is that the effort he'll put out once he signs a contract? Just askin....

Agreed but then he improved on everything at his proday.  I just dont think it's going to be a big deal at the end of the day when these guys put on the tape and see how impossible he is to get by. 

53 minutes ago, RobR said:

I've been on these boards for over a decade with the same username and avatar. 

Rob in da house!!! I've never been so happy to see your ugly mug. I know it took moving mountains to inspire you to enter the lions den here, but i'm thankful you did. I hope you stick around.

Also, this guy know Olineman. @JiF he does know what he's talking about. I learned my lesson years ago the hard way.... and then again with Flowers. whelp.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed but then he improved on everything at his proday.  I just dont think it's going to be a big deal at the end of the day when these guys put on the tape and see how impossible he is to get by. 

Agreed the tape IS the most important part. Or at least it SHOULD be.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Definitely not Gato. 

I have known Rob from other forums for years.  Strong opinions, especially on O Linemen, but not going to beat a dead horse into the ground the way Gato does.  He used to moderate these mocks with me on the Hampur.  He is going to pick up the Cowboys if Hey Mangold does not show up.

Are we waiting for HM

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

Any thoughts on the Jets working out Antonio Callaway?

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Any thoughts on the Jets working out Antonio Callaway?

If he can keep his head on straight...dude is electric, steal of the draft type guy.  I wont go Tyrek Hill because I dont think he's that joy stick-ish but similar because of his big play ability and his off field issues.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

@Lith - love the Hurst pick for the Cowboys.  Love Hurst in general. Gave him serious thought in the 1st for the Jags. 

Credit the guy who hates your Orlando Brown pick.  It was his pick, not mine.  I just posted it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

@Lith - love the Hurst pick for the Cowboys.  Love Hurst in general. Gave him serious thought in the 1st for the Jags. 

On the athletic spectrum your first round options couldn’t be further apart! 

1. Orlando is not an athlete, he’s a wall. I don’t know why people are giving you sh*t for that pick he’s part of the reason Mayfield got to Mayfield. 

2. Hurst was possibly the best looking skill player (from a movement standpoint) at the combine. He just looks so smooth. 

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

On the athletic spectrum your first round options couldn’t be further apart! 

1. Orlando is not an athlete, he’s a wall. I don’t know why people are giving you sh*t for that pick he’s part of the reason Mayfield got to Mayfield. 

2. Hurst was possibly the best looking skill player (from a movement standpoint) at the combine. He just looks so smooth. 

Well yeah, LT's arent TE's.  ;-) 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well yeah, LT's arent TE's.  ;-) 

True. But there are uber athletic LTs and there are big fatty TEs. 

Your choices will both be excellent pros IMO, just pointing out that the two you selected couldn’t be more black & white. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

One way to speed up the confirmation problem is to add Lith or one of the draft administrators to the private message string, after the deal has been agreed to.

This way they can see the old messages and see the terms both parties have agreed to.

unless of course one of the parties motivation for offering the trade in the first place was to jump in front of Lith, me or Jetsvets in the round.  :)  

Pretty cool for us to get advance warning, amirite?

In fact, yes, lets do this! :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

unless of course one of the parties motivation for offering the trade in the first place was to jump in front of Lith, me or Jetsvets in the round.  :)  

Pretty cool for us to get advance warning, amirite?

In fact, yes, lets do this! :ph34r:

Funny, but fair point.  I think it works best when both parties agree, one posts the trade and the other confirms.  In theory that should all happen in a span of minutes.  I mean once you agree in a PM, just stick around long enough to post in the Discussion thread.  The last step still needs to be a draft admin okaying it to confirm the picks are all proper.  It seems like a lot of steps but too much can go wrong if we take any shortcuts and that can mess up the whole draft.

My advice is, the player moving up shouldn't post their pick until the trade is confirmed by both the other party and an admin, making it official.  As an alternative, you can PM your pick to an admin in case they are all offline.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Hey man! I didn't know you posted here. Are you down for some prospect video threads like the old days?

I'd love to do it again but I've just been so busy this year I can't find the time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

He should have done better, but traditionally guys with 35" arms are not good at the bench.  Most of the other guys with arms that long either didn't bench or were sub-19.